First Pics of # 650

gatorewc

Little late showing but time flies when your having fun.  Spent 4 nights at David Crockett State Park and then 2 nights at Cloudland Canyon State Park in North Ga and the Ollie was great.  2020 Tundra really did a great job towing.  Nice having the V8 on a few hills and didn't feel stressed at all.

Only hiccup we had was leaving Davey Crockett the street side awning would not close completely.  Came to about 1 inch on the front end from totally closing.  We called Jason and dropped by service to check out the problem.  Seems 2 acorns had fallen in the front track and was preventing it from closing completely.  So I chalked up some experience and we were on our way.   I guess this would make a case for carrying a ladder.

These pics are from 10 days later staying at Juliette State Park in GA and Hamburg State Park in Ga.  Really love the camper and really surprised with the amount of storage.  Yes, the air conditioner is loud but 93 degree days were handled with no issues.  Spending 20+ years in a power plant loud noise is something I am a little familiar with.  After a couple of nights it was no problem even though we are looking forward to fall camping.

Erv & Sherry 

Oliver_camper-1.jpeg

IMG_0958.jpeg

Oliver_camper-7.jpeg

IMG_0847.jpeg

• Like 12

Erv & Sherry  Hull # 650

2022  Platinum SD 250 Tremor. 7.3 Godzilla

ALARFLGAILKYMSMONENCSCSDTNWVmed.jpg

• Moderators

Congratulations, and enjoy!

Sherry 

Ps a lot of people miss juliette Park. It's lovely. 

Edited by SeaDawg
  • Like 1

2008 Ram 1500 4 × 4

2008 Oliver Elite, Hull #12

Florida and Western North Carolina, or wherever the truck goes....

400 watts solar. DC compressor fridge. No inverter. 2 x 105 ah agm batteries .  Life is good.

12 minutes ago, gatorewc said:

Oliver_camper-7.jpeg

Thanks for the pics, that night shot is beautiful, what camera?

I am glad your Tundra is doing well, do you mind telling me, what are your rpms at a steady 60 mph in fourth gear? And what tire size? I am trying to figure out how my LC would tow with Tundra gears.... Much better I am sure.

John Davies

Spokane WA

Edited by John E Davies

SOLD 07/23 "Mouse":  2017 Legacy Elite II Two Beds, Hull Number 218, See my HOW TO threads: https://olivertraveltrailers.com/topic/john-e-davies-how-to-threads-and-tech-articles-links/

Tow Vehicle: 2013 Land Cruiser 200, 32” LT tires, airbags, Safari snorkel, Maggiolina Grand Tour 360 Carbon RTT.

Thanks John,  Next time pulling I will take notice of 4th gear at 60.  

My son took the pic with a Nikon Z6 with a Nikon 24mm 1.4.   He shoots for several online auto sites and writes articles.  He wants to do a photo shoot with my camper and I will post the pics when he does.   Who knows, Oliver may have to use them in the ads.   😀

Maverick.... I do like the color ...Concrete is the official color.  Never seen concrete that color.

Whistletop Cafe from Driving Miss Daisy is located in Juliette.   It is still open until 4pm daily I think.  We didn't get try try their fried green tomatoes this time

• Like 1

Erv & Sherry  Hull # 650

28 minutes ago, gatorewc said:

My son took the pic with a Nikon Z6 with a Nikon 24mm 1.4.   

LOl, I figured a good camera, but not a $2400 one. Give him my complements, I would like to see some of his other work. The newest iPhone 11 Pro with triple lens camera system takes phenomenally great pictures (jaw dropping pictures) in low light, I thought this might be the case here. My wife got one for her last NZ trip and the results are amazing.

I digress. I am glad you are enjoying Ollie and Tundra.

John Davies

Spokane WA

SOLD 07/23 "Mouse":  2017 Legacy Elite II Two Beds, Hull Number 218, See my HOW TO threads: https://olivertraveltrailers.com/topic/john-e-davies-how-to-threads-and-tech-articles-links/

Tow Vehicle: 2013 Land Cruiser 200, 32” LT tires, airbags, Safari snorkel, Maggiolina Grand Tour 360 Carbon RTT.

5 minutes ago, John E Davies said:

LOl, I figured a good camera, but not a $2400 one. Give him my complements, I would like to see some of his other work. The newest iPhone 11 Pro with triple lens camera system takes phenomenally great pictures (jaw dropping pictures) in low light, I thought this might be the case here. My wife got one for her last NZ trip and the results are amazing.

John Davies

Spokane WA

Andy Carter (@andycarterphoto) on Instagram.  My son says the new phone cameras are incredible and the average person does not need a high dollar camera.  

Erv & Sherry  Hull # 650

• Moderators

Not that we are biased or anything, but, nice pics of a beautiful camper in super locations.  Just so you know - the Oliver does well in not so nice locations too.

Bill

• Like 3

2023 Ford F150 Lariat 3.5EB FX4 Max Towing, Max Payload, 2016 Oliver Elite II - Hull #117 "Twist"

• 3 weeks later...
On 8/23/2020 at 8:01 PM, gatorewc said:

Little late showing but time flies when your having fun.  Spent 4 nights at David Crockett State Park and then 2 nights at Cloudland Canyon State Park in North Ga and the Ollie was great.  2020 Tundra really did a great job towing.  Nice having the V8 on a few hills and didn't feel stressed at all.

Only hiccup we had was leaving Davey Crockett the street side awning would not close completely.  Came to about 1 inch on the front end from totally closing.  We called Jason and dropped by service to check out the problem.  Seems 2 acorns had fallen in the front track and was preventing it from closing completely.  So I chalked up some experience and we were on our way.   I guess this would make a case for carrying a ladder.

These pics are from 10 days later staying at Juliette State Park in GA and Hamburg State Park in Ga.  Really love the camper and really surprised with the amount of storage.  Yes, the air conditioner is loud but 93 degree days were handled with no issues.  Spending 20+ years in a power plant loud noise is something I am a little familiar with.  After a couple of nights it was no problem even though we are looking forward to fall camping.

Erv & Sherry 

Oliver_camper-1.jpeg

IMG_0958.jpeg

Oliver_camper-7.jpeg

IMG_0847.jpeg

What a beautiful campground and a great campsite.  I love the nighttime picture with the "yard" lit up.  Perfect spot for kayaking!

• Like 2

Ray and Susan Huff

Elite II Twin "Pearl" - Hull#699; delivered December 7, 2020

2013 F350 6.7l diesel Super Duty 4x4 long bed crew cab

1UP-USA Heavy-duty bike rack

2017 Leisure Travel Van Unity Twin Bed (sold)

AZARCAIDNVNMOKORTNTXUTWAsm.jpg