Electronics Pro Package

Keithinator

33 minutes ago, SeaDawg said:

I'd probably  keep the dot, and a few smart plugs. They don't weigh much,  and take up little space.

If you later decide to get a Verizon jetpack, your dot could be useful.

As far as Netflix, prime tv, hulu, youtube, etc, I can watch TV on my phone , and/or broadcast it to my "smart " TV upstairs . Or, download when I  have wifi, and watch later. You could download music and movies to a thumb drive, or portable hard drive, and store a lot. We routinely download some shows  to a notebook or laptop before an Alaska trip, because we often have zero signal in our favorite spots in the Yukon and Northern BC. Something to watch on a rainy day. 

With our unlimited Verizon plan, we never get capped, but there is a throttle back in speed, if we exceed some limit that we've never exceeded . I don't remember what the limit is .

Thank you Sherry! I supposedly have Bus Verizon unlimited (from years ago). Will be interesting to see if I am throttled or what. I’m told they ALL throttle (speed not usage) now, regardless of language in anything. We shall see how it affects me or if I even notice that much. I will def notice if movies or Spotify slow down or buffer or whatever. If it is bad I will look to getting a better solution per others’ suggestions, and the Mobile Internet Resource Ctr people (member), when I get settled and more time to research.

Good idea re: download stuff for later. Or even if I am at a decent wifi enabled place. I will keep the Dot and some smart plugs. I have already mailed a few boxes to “myself” at the domicile address. It’s very hard to tell what an Ollie 1 will actually “hold” (without looking totally cluttered, which I can’t stand anywhere) so I mailed things I was reluctant to donate etc. in case the Ollie 1 and my crew cab and truck bed can accommodate. FT is going to be “interesting,” for sure. 🙂

Edited by SherMica

2021 Elite 1 -- Hull #731

Ram 1500 Rebel 4x4

Now Sold

states.png

• Moderators

The aluminum "attenuation " (diminished signal)  is basically the Oliver reflectix/foil insulation.  Think-- tin hat. 

I have that problem at home, with aluminum ribbed roofing.  We've worked around it.

• Like 1

2008 Ram 1500 4 × 4

2008 Oliver Elite, Hull #12

Florida and Western North Carolina, or wherever the truck goes....

400 watts solar. DC compressor fridge. No inverter. 2 x 105 ah agm batteries .  Life is good.

24 minutes ago, mjrendon said:

The Fire TV stick works great in the trailer too.  There is a USB connection on the back of the television to provides power.  The Fire TV also requires internet to be of any use. 

I have both the Fire TV Stick and a Roku Stick Pus. The ROKU  as a cleaner interface than the Fire stick (IMO) and supports screen sharing if you use IOS and/or MACOS devices, which is very handy. I like both but prefer the Roku.  Both work great and do not require the inverter to be powered on to use them.

Thanks! This is encouraging to hear. Very. I do use MacBook Pro, IPhone 11 Pro, couple of IPads, and I even have a fairly new Dell Win 10 I have yet to really set up. Not sure what the “inverter being powered on” means (yet!) but I will find out soon! I also got the solar addon which I hope helps at least keep batteries charged FWIW. I told my rep I really need anything that will allow me as much internet-power as I can get in the Ollie and want to be able to boondock a bit as well and still have power at least. So much to learn about all this. 

2021 Elite 1 -- Hull #731

Ram 1500 Rebel 4x4

Now Sold

states.png

• Moderators

Personally,  I  have adapted to using my phone for most things.

Your Verizon choice will likely get you signal in 95 per cent of US.  Paul and I swapped carriers a few years ago, because I'm the power user. He's now tmobile, I'm verizon. 

When and if Canada opens up, tmobile has a connection with Roger's,  so his tmobile works better there. As well as most of Europe, and Australia. 

Edited by SeaDawg
  • Like 1

2008 Ram 1500 4 × 4

2008 Oliver Elite, Hull #12

Florida and Western North Carolina, or wherever the truck goes....

400 watts solar. DC compressor fridge. No inverter. 2 x 105 ah agm batteries .  Life is good.

• 5 weeks later...

Inverter provides AC power from 2000 to 3000 watts on most Oliver's - 110V. (it gets its power from the  batteries - inverts 12 VDC to 110/120VAC)   The standard AC plugs only work if on shore power -or you have the inverter turned on (and have sufficient battery storage - DC power). The micro wave works from one such plug. Charging of many electronic gadgets can be done from the dc powered USB ports - powered off the DC battery system. As does the Oliver entertainment system, lighting, furnace fan blower, bathroom fan, roof fan, and at times the refrigerator. (I am sure I missed something)

Most Oliver's have a remote inverter on/off switch/button. Later EI's are located on the port side rear wall/shelf. It is a black square.

Batteries - direct current  - volts of - 6, 12, 24, 48 or multiples. The solar panels slowly recharge the batteries.

AC = alternating current - usually referred to as shore power.  Most consumers  use 120/240 volt single phase.  Texas has a shortage right now. 

RB

• Wow 1

Cindy,  Russell and  "Harley dog" . Home is our little farm near Winchester TN

2018 Oliver Legacy Elite II - 2018 GMC 2500 Duramax 

"Die young - As late as possible"
ALAZARCACOFLIDMTNVNMOKORTNTXUTWAWYd56201