Cracker Barrel - St. Joe, MO

topgun2

• Moderators

For whatever reason I had never tried camping overnight at a Cracker Barrel.  However, I thought that I'd try one out and was so impressed with the one in St. Joe, Missouri I stayed there on the way out to Wyoming and again on the way back.

This Cracker Barrel welcomes RV'ers.  The RV parking area is actually the first thing you come upon when entering the grounds.  Since the front of the restaurant faces the Interstate, that means that the building is between you and the traffic noise.  There is plenty of landscaping with mature trees and this also helps reduce the noise level.  On one side of the property is a motel but it is the back of the motel that adjoins the Cracker Barrel and on the other side there is just woods.  So, once the restaurant  closes at 10pm it really is fairly quiet - no ear plugs!

If you decide to try it, remember to park facing out.  Not only does this make leaving in the morning easier but it also prevents you from being partially trapped if there is a delivery being made to the rear of the building.

GPS:  39.774065, -94.794746

Bill

• Thanks 3
  • Like 4

2023 Ford F150 Lariat 3.5EB FX4 Max Towing, Max Payload, 2016 Oliver Elite II - Hull #117 "Twist"

• Moderators

We've overnighted at a few cracker barrels, going from point a to b. It's always been a good experience.  Went in for dinner or breakfast . I'm not a big fan of Cracker Barrel food, but we feel it's important to patronize those who give us a free spot. 

I'll remember this one. Thanks.

• Thanks 1
  • Like 1

2008 Ram 1500 4 × 4

2008 Oliver Elite, Hull #12

Florida and Western North Carolina, or wherever the truck goes....

400 watts solar. DC compressor fridge. No inverter. 2 x 105 ah agm batteries .  Life is good.

• Moderators

We prefer Cracker Barrel’s over Walmarts.  We’ve never had a bad experience and like Bill says, you are usually behind the building so road noise is reduced.  Also, they are often located with other hotels/motels and restaurants, so it feels safe.  The only issue we’ve found is the early morning food delivery truck or early morning garbage truck at the dumpsters.  That’s usually when we get up and either get on the road or get ready to go inside for coffee and breakfast.  Mike

• Like 2

Texas Hill Country | 2016 Elite II #135 | 2020 Ram 2500 6.7L

ALAZARCACOFLGAIDILKSKYLAMDMSMOMTNENVNMNYNCNDOHOKSCSDTNTXUTVAWVWYsm.jpgALAZARCACOCTDEFLGAIDILINIAKSKYLAMEMDMAMS

• Moderators

Yes, I went inside for breakfasts both days - biscuits, bacon and coffee were very good.  In the event this Cracker Barrel was crowded, there is a WalMart located nearby.  The only "downside" of this location was that they do not open for breakfast until 8 am.

Bill

• Like 1

2023 Ford F150 Lariat 3.5EB FX4 Max Towing, Max Payload, 2016 Oliver Elite II - Hull #117 "Twist"

We also use Cracker Barrel.  Usually a very good experience.  The Cracker  Barrel in Florida City  on the way to the Florida Keys can get busy with all spots full and a bit loud from people coming  and going  at all hours.  We stayed  going to and returning from the Keys.  Most of the time Cracker Barrel is a great stop after a long day of driving.  The staff has always been terrific.

• Thanks 1

You can just pull in and stay. They have a brochure that shows all the CB in the country. It may indicate which ones have overnight spots? I find they usually do have RV 'reserved' sites. I usually do let them know I am staying, if they are open, by letting the server know. They usually have the manager stop to say "hi" and OK. Most are open at 6 am. I have found them to be quiet, reasonable level as we don't unhook, and no cooking required. Some times even free WiFi.

• Thanks 1

• Moderators

Be a bit careful on just pulling in.  Mainiac is right in that most Cracker Barrels do have dedicated RV/oversized vehicle sites in the parking area.  But, asking the Manager is always a good idea given I know that there is at least one that does not allow overnight parking and some town ordinances may get in the way of allowing the Cracker Barrel to say yes.

For the Cracker Barrel in St. Joe, I got WiFi from the motel next door via my WiFi Ranger booster.

Bill

• Thanks 1