Camping at the "Old" Sales Office

topgun2

• Moderators

While the new Sales/Service building is being improved, the Sales folks are still (as of the end of August, 2020) located at the old Sales Building on Route 412.  For many years Oliver has graciously allowed owners to "camp" at the Sales Office but space was limited to one or two Ollies.  Recently, Oliver has installed "pedestals" along the outer edges of the Sales Office parking lot that have electric connections on them and are to be used by Oliver owners for short-term camping while waiting for Service appointments.  As always, there is a faucet on the exterior of the old Sales building that can be used to fill the fresh water tank.

Discussions are continuing as to what will be done with this "old sales office" once the move to the new location takes place and there are discussions about creating a camping area in the grass area directly in front of the new Sales/Service building.  But at least for the time being, owners are welcome to use these new pedestals.

Given that the Meriwether Lewis camping area near the Natchez Trace is completely closed and other nearby campgrounds are either not the best or involve a bit of a drive, these new facilities for the Oliver Owners are greatly appreciated.

Bill

Edited by topgun2
  • Thanks 3
  • Like 4

2023 Ford F150 Lariat 3.5EB FX4 Max Towing, Max Payload, 2016 Oliver Elite II - Hull #117 "Twist"

Thanks for the info. Is Fall Hollow RV Park still open? I only spent one night there, it was not at all appealing, but it is very close to town on the highway to Columbia.

Thanks,

John Davies

Spokane WA

Edited by John E Davies

SOLD 07/23 "Mouse":  2017 Legacy Elite II Two Beds, Hull Number 218, See my HOW TO threads: https://olivertraveltrailers.com/topic/john-e-davies-how-to-threads-and-tech-articles-links/

Tow Vehicle: 2013 Land Cruiser 200, 32” LT tires, airbags, Safari snorkel, Maggiolina Grand Tour 360 Carbon RTT.

• Moderators

JD - 

Yes, Fall Hollow RV is open.  I'm not sure if the B & B part or if the restaurant parts are open though.  The look of the RV park has not changed - still not appealing.  Also, Thousand Trails hasn't gotten any better either.

Bill

2023 Ford F150 Lariat 3.5EB FX4 Max Towing, Max Payload, 2016 Oliver Elite II - Hull #117 "Twist"

Thanks Bill, what raised my gorge was the fresh water hose bibb that was underground (in a below grass pit) right next to the sewer connection. Don’t they have health inspectors in TN?

John Davies

Spokane WA

SOLD 07/23 "Mouse":  2017 Legacy Elite II Two Beds, Hull Number 218, See my HOW TO threads: https://olivertraveltrailers.com/topic/john-e-davies-how-to-threads-and-tech-articles-links/

Tow Vehicle: 2013 Land Cruiser 200, 32” LT tires, airbags, Safari snorkel, Maggiolina Grand Tour 360 Carbon RTT.

• Moderators

I'm not sure about the status of TN health inspectors but as you may know, Fall Hollow used to be used by Oliver for that "free" first night camping in a new Oliver.  However, given that a guy was stabbed there a couple of years ago - that was when Oliver stopped using them.  Certainly not good for ones health either way.

Bill

• Moderators

Bill, was that before the new owners at Fall Hollow? 

We stayed one night in their b n b right after they bought it. Nice couple from Wisconsin.  They have changed and upgraded a lot if sites there, plus adding some cabins.

Sherry

• Like 1

2008 Ram 1500 4 × 4

2008 Oliver Elite, Hull #12

Florida and Western North Carolina, or wherever the truck goes....

400 watts solar. DC compressor fridge. No inverter. 2 x 105 ah agm batteries .  Life is good.

• Moderators

Sherry - 

I believe the stabbing was before the new owners took but it wasn't long before.  I admit that I really didn't take a tour of the facility last week but it didn't look much different from the road.

Bill

• Moderators

I took a look at their website and fb page, as I haven't been in Hohenwald in a long time. When I  met the new owners, they talked about their upgrade plans. Looks like they've done a lot.

Next time I'm up that way, I  will go visit. We also usually camp at Meriwether Lewis.

Edited by SeaDawg
  • Like 1

2008 Ram 1500 4 × 4

2008 Oliver Elite, Hull #12

Florida and Western North Carolina, or wherever the truck goes....

400 watts solar. DC compressor fridge. No inverter. 2 x 105 ah agm batteries .  Life is good.