The cost of a 62 Gallon Fuel Tank (hint - not all money)

NCeagle

I just ordered a 62 gallon fuel tank for my tow vehicle from S&B.  Stock size is only 26 gallons, so this is quite the upgrade - and a necessity in my mind even though another 252 lbs of payload goes poof.  After this tank upgrade, my curb weight will have increased by about 750 pounds over the years, reducing my payload from 2273 (stock) to 1523 pounds.  Additions include the fuel tank upgrade (+252 lbs), full size fiberglass camper top (+300 lbs), HD steering and suspension (+120 lbs) and other smaller items accounting for the rest of the weight.  Before I pulled the trigger I weighed everything that I typically camp and fix things (tools) with (276 lbs) and other things that we have bought for the Oliver (655 lbs).  Luckily we are still under GVWR hauling everything to Hohenwald (by 272 lbs).  Coming back we should be ok too since we'll unload 655 lbs of stuff and add the tongue weight which I'm assuming around 650 lbs.

States Visited Map

2020 Elite II, Hull 688 --- 2021 Silverado 2500HD, 6.6L Duramax Diesel

• Moderators

You might be a touch high on that tongue weight but better safe than sorry.  If it helps your mind any - you probably still have a long ways to go to get anywhere near what ScubaRX is hauling around 😄.

Bill

p.s.  you'll simply love that bigger gas tank.  When I got my 2017 F150 I got the bigger gas tank and it has been wonderful.  Your tank is even bigger!

Edited by topgun2

2023 Ford F150 Lariat 3.5EB FX4 Max Towing, Max Payload, 2016 Oliver Elite II - Hull #117 "Twist"

58 minutes ago, topgun2 said:

You might be a touch high on that tongue weight but better safe than sorry.  If it helps your mind any - you probably still have a long ways to go to get anywhere near what ScubaRX is hauling around 😄.

Bill

p.s.  you'll simply love that bigger gas tank.  When I got my 2017 F150 I got the bigger gas tank and it has been wonderful.  Your tank is even bigger!

Good to hear I may be overestimating the tongue weight a bit.  I only got the Lithium/solar option so I hope you are right.  I know I'm going to love the bigger tank!  I've always thought this truck had an undersized tank and limited range and I just needed an excuse to upgrade.  

States Visited Map

2020 Elite II, Hull 688 --- 2021 Silverado 2500HD, 6.6L Duramax Diesel