Delivery date needed equipment

Dennis1

• Moderators

Dennis1 - 

As usual, the answer to the question of what's "best" depends on where and how you are camping plus from whom does the answer come.

For chocks you can go from simple blocks of wood to plastic to rubber.  If you camp on relatively steep concrete surfaces both the wood and plastic will tend to slide or slip more than the rubber.  However, the wood and then the plastic are generally cheaper than the rubber.  I use the plastic chocks because they are cheap, don't retain water, and are easy to clean.  But I also always carry a set of rubber chocks just in case.

For leveling your choices range from (again) wood planks stacked until you reach the height you want or legos style square blocks that (again) are stacked until you reach the height you want or the ramp style levelers like Andersen.  While there are cheaper versions (and one or two more expensive) available generally the Andersens are considered just about the top of the line.  These ramp style levelers are a bit easier to use as compared to either planks of wood or legos styles, particularly if you camp alone.  However, as a general rule the ramp styles are limited to a height increase (on the one side of the camper) of something approaching 4 inches.  This height will take care of a huge percentage of leveling situations and then you are forced to either supplement with something additional (like wood planks ) under them or change sites.  Again, I use the Andersens but also carry a single stack of ten legos just in case.

Bill

2023 Ford F150 Lariat 3.5EB FX4 Max Towing, Max Payload, 2016 Oliver Elite II - Hull #117 "Twist"

• Moderators

On Amazon type in RV levelers ramps and you will find an assortment of different brands.  Note that some people here on the Forum have said that they have experienced these ramps sliding.  To prevent this they have started using small rubber mats under them.  For what its worth, I've never experienced my Andersen's sliding.  But, normally I'm not camping on pavement of any sort.

Bill

• Like 1

2023 Ford F150 Lariat 3.5EB FX4 Max Towing, Max Payload, 2016 Oliver Elite II - Hull #117 "Twist"

• Moderators

I have two sets of the 10 Pack of lego blocks from Walmart.  I use them under jacks and also to level.  I place them under my 6” wood blocks so that my jack travel is only an inch or two.  For leveling, usually one or two legos in height does the trick but we’ve had occasions to build small mountains of legos to get level.  Mike

Texas Hill Country | 2016 Elite II #135 | 2020 Ram 2500 6.7L

ALAZARCACOFLGAIDILKSKYLAMDMSMOMTNENVNMNYNCNDOHOKSCSDTNTXUTVAWVWYsm.jpgALAZARCACOCTDEFLGAIDILINIAKSKYLAMEMDMAMS

Dennis,

We use the Camco system. One of the complaints in Amazon reviews was slipping on pavement. Cut out a $1 rubber Welcome mat from Walmart placing under the yellow wedge, have not experience slipping on pavement so far.

https://www.amazon.com/Camco-Curved-Leveler-Chock-Drive/dp/B0751TG8MH/ref=sr_1_9?dchild=1&keywords=camco+rv+leveling+blocks&qid=1599005547&sr=8-9

IMG_3567-L.jpg

IMG_3571-L.jpg

LE2

I use two of these Andersons - and have found them to be very user-friendly.  Picked up a couple wheel chocks from Harbor Freight (cheap), this and a few well sized wood blocks and we are ready for most any spot. Quick, simple. 

Image result for anderson levelers

• Like 2

Cindy,  Russell and  "Harley dog" . Home is our little farm near Winchester TN

2018 Oliver Legacy Elite II - 2018 GMC 2500 Duramax 

"Die young - As late as possible"
ALAZARCACOFLIDMTNVNMOKORTNTXUTWAWYd56201