Oliver Tour - Now or Later?

hummingbird

Hi everyone,

We have been researching travel trailers for years and are extremely interested in an Oliver.  We called to set up a factory tour and was told due to Covid19 that the tour would only be about an hour.  He explained we would not be able to be on the factory "floor" but would still be able to see processing.  Maybe from a distance?

We will be driving a good distance to get to Hohenwald so wondering if we should wait until the tours allow closer viewing.  

Any advice on this would be appreciated.  Also, feedback from anyone who toured during the pandemic.

Thanks

travel trailer units for sale
Find Oliver Inventory Units for Sale
View Inventory

Welcome to the forum

Watch this loooong but excellent Oliver tour video, then decide if you want to make the trip. I don't think you need to be there in person unless you really love the smell of uncured fiberglass resin. Which I do....;)  I have never been in the factory, but would like to.

Factory Tour From The Ground Up

John Davies

Spokane WA

Edited by John E Davies

SOLD 07/23 "Mouse":  2017 Legacy Elite II Two Beds, Hull Number 218, See my HOW TO threads: https://olivertraveltrailers.com/topic/john-e-davies-how-to-threads-and-tech-articles-links/

Tow Vehicle: 2013 Land Cruiser 200, 32” LT tires, airbags, Safari snorkel, Maggiolina Grand Tour 360 Carbon RTT.

• Moderators

Hummingbird - 

John has a point - if you haven't already done it, watch every video you can (of course assuming that you really are interested in the Oliver).  After I had already placed my deposit I watched what at the time was just about the only video out there some 75 times!

However, to me, there is nothing like being there.  You get to touch, smell, feel and look into the eyes of the people on the production line.  Sort of the difference between watching a game on TV and being there in person.

But, depending on your timing and level of desire, you might want to choose the option that fits your situation best.  Watch videos, take the shortened tour or wait for the full thing?  Heck - if you have the time, why not do all three?

Bill

• Like 1

2023 Ford F150 Lariat 3.5EB FX4 Max Towing, Max Payload, 2016 Oliver Elite II - Hull #117 "Twist"

The video above is excellent and helped give me confidence to place my order.  I am planning to go before I have to finalize selections to see options in person. 

I want to do tour as well but shorter tour  would not make me delay trip but that is just me.   

2021 Legacy Elite II Hull #807 - 2021 F150 w/ 3.5L EB and max tow package