2020 Ford Tremor 6.7 liter powerstroke & 2020 Ram power wagon

Patriot

Saw this video and thought it was worth a share...the F-250 6.7 liter 475 hp, @1050 lbs of torque Tremor is quite a beast.
Enjoy! 😊

Edited by Patriot
  • Like 1

2020 OLEII - Hull #634 aka-  “XPLOR” 

2021 F350 6.7 liter Diesel Lariat Ultimate Tremor aka- Beast

IMG_2879.jpeg

They’re both cool trucks but the Tremor is better set up for towing. I'm surprised that no one is towing with it already - if I were buying today, I’d definitely give it serious thought. 

But then again there’s the new Raptor coming out.  And the TRX. And the CyberTruck. Defender. Bronco. Too many cool trucks out there right now. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, rideandfly said:

David,

Congrats on the new Tremor! Can't wait to see the "Beast" with Ollie!

Thank you Bill, appreciate the kind compliment. Both the Ollie and the Tremor will get 10 mil XPEL front end paint protection this week. I will let you know how everything goes.

• Like 1

IMG_2879.jpeg

• Moderators

Sure - a guy just can't be seen towing that new Oliver with a shabby "old" truck.

Seriously, congratulations!  Can't wait to see a pic of the beast towing the beast.

Bill

• Like 1

2023 Ford F150 Lariat 3.5EB FX4 Max Towing, Max Payload, 2016 Oliver Elite II - Hull #117 "Twist"

Thank you all for the very kind compliments. We surely hope it serves us well. This morning I did remove the Andersen WDH and will offer it up in the classifieds for half of what we paid Oliver. 
The Ollie sits a tad nose high, but the Tremor is empty of cargo and so is the Ollie, we’ll see how everything looks after we load up. I think everything will level out just fine payload wise. 

Tomorrow morning we have scheduled the Ollie for XPEL 10 mil paint protection on the front corners and we will have the Tremor done as well. We are looking forward to seeing everyone who still has reservations at Lake Guntersville.

-David

965E5B3D-110A-45AA-98B2-DD6D3EE7B9B9.jpeg

Edited by Patriot
  • Thanks 1
  • Like 6

IMG_2879.jpeg

• Moderators

Texas guy, especially with an elite I, the TV options open up.

Sherry 

2008 elite1

• Like 1

2008 Ram 1500 4 × 4

2008 Oliver Elite, Hull #12

Florida and Western North Carolina, or wherever the truck goes....

400 watts solar. DC compressor fridge. No inverter. 2 x 105 ah agm batteries .  Life is good.

• Moderators

@Patriot that's a beautiful truck. 

I especially like the wheels. Stock?

Are you sure you want to add a coating to the truck?

Edited by SeaDawg
  • Thanks 1

2008 Ram 1500 4 × 4

400 watts solar. DC compressor fridge. No inverter. 2 x 105 ah agm batteries .  Life is good.

1 hour ago, SeaDawg said:

@Patriot that's a beautiful truck. 

I especially like the wheels. Stock?

Are you sure you want to add a coating to the truck?

Thank you SeaDawg, much appreciated...Tremor wheels only come with the Ford Tremor Pkg. The, larger tires and lift give an approximate 4” lift.

We have had XPEL.com paint protection on our cars and trucks for the last decade. It’s excellent paint protection. Should you need to remove it a steamer will take it off. I have never needed to remove it. It’s really all about the installer and final fit and finish install.

- Patriot

Edited by Patriot
  • Thanks 1

IMG_2879.jpeg

• Moderators

Just looked up the xpel. 

I thought you were looking at a product like vortex.

So, you've been happy with the xpel? Good to know.

Again, congratulations ! 

2008 Ram 1500 4 × 4

3 minutes ago, SeaDawg said:

Just looked up the xpel. 

I thought you were looking at a product like vortex.

So, you've been happy with the xpel? Good to know.

Again, congratulations ! 

Thank you, yes extremely happy with XPEL.com.

IMG_2879.jpeg

I watched the first couple of minutes of that video, then I turned it off - what a couple of idiots. I did switch to their actual offroad review video, which was not a drag race on a dead flat dry lake bed, and it confirmed what I already knew. ... https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=WtzJ3OfJLNo

A heavy diesel truck with a big payload rating simply cannot work as well off pavement as a gas truck with a light one. Good articulation over uneven terrain equals comfort for your people and your cargo, since the body is not constantly lurching from side to side and lifting tires off the ground. Soft long travel suspension equals comfort on choppy surfaces like washboard and unexpected ruts. You can drive much faster (not towing) in comfort because the suspension can work easily and it is not limited by excessively massive springs.

If that stuff is irrelevant to you, then the PW should not even be under your consideration. A Tremor would be a fine choice if you need to carry a camper or UTV on the back, or just gotta have those 1000 foot pounds of torque.

I would buy a PW in a heartbeat over any other pickup, but I have to admit that an 8 liter Hemi gas engine would make it better..... but no turbos for me. Maybe a supercharger running at 4 or 5psi if it could tolerate regular gas. Sometimes you may find a station out in the middle of nowhere that has nothing but Regular.

If you want a diesel with big payload that is a Not A Ford, and also want to get off smooth surfaces, consider a stock Ram 2500 (rear coil springs) Cummins 6.7 In the trim of your choice, and then add a high quality aftermarket suspension from Carli.

John Davies

Spokane WA

Edited by John E Davies

SOLD 07/23 "Mouse":  2017 Legacy Elite II Two Beds, Hull Number 218, See my HOW TO threads: https://olivertraveltrailers.com/topic/john-e-davies-how-to-threads-and-tech-articles-links/

Tow Vehicle: 2013 Land Cruiser 200, 32” LT tires, airbags, Safari snorkel, Maggiolina Grand Tour 360 Carbon RTT.

15 hours ago, Patriot said:

Thank you, yes extremely happy with XPEL.com.

I hope you're able to get a better price than I am here.  I just got a quote for doing the front cap of my wife's new car and it was $2500, plus another grand for the ceramic coating on top.  Yikes - I want to do it since we tend to keep cars for a while, but that's a steep price to pay.

I'd really love to do the ceramic coating on the Ollie, but I can't imagine what that'd be.

XPEL paint protection installed today on the Ollie and Tremor. A long day but we got all of the paint production 10 mil on the front of the Ollie and got the Tremor covered as well. This installer a long time friend is excellent and has had numerous awards from XPEL as a master at his craft.

A good day but a long 9 hr day...a few pics of “paint protection day”.....the Oliver had the front corners, dog house, lower quarter panels and behind the rear wheels all done in 10 mil XPEL. The Tremor had entire hood, both front fenders, w/s pillars, both tow mirrors and front and rear quarter panels covered. A few random photos of p/p day.

AD90B0BE-61CC-4098-8DCC-A411A6EFB385.jpeg

CE2811D6-3B0E-4E28-885C-270495C32E51.jpeg

403CE23C-3E6D-48E0-897D-9B3ADA1AF07C.jpeg

6C702272-8BD5-4293-8CD6-232DFD58AABB.jpeg

F9EA8513-8162-4327-AED1-4B54E1510983.jpeg

6DCC8DAE-8D44-4294-84EA-ABC38073C515.jpeg

958D0376-6444-4BF8-89E6-8A7205687CEB.jpeg

EA88ECC9-7C1D-4F54-9217-D9FBAB6D3A0A.jpeg

06026E85-7090-45A9-AE65-246FBF72558A.jpeg

D4943EEF-9F35-4434-A1CD-A51C5A741B72.jpeg

Edited by Patriot
  • Like 2

IMG_2879.jpeg

19 hours ago, John E Davies said:

I watched the first couple of minutes of that video, then I turned it off - what a couple of idiots. I did switch to their actual offroad review video, which was not a drag race on a dead flat dry lake bed, and it confirmed what I already knew. ... https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=WtzJ3OfJLNo

A heavy diesel truck with a big payload rating simply cannot work as well off pavement as a gas truck with a light one. Good articulation over uneven terrain equals comfort for your people and your cargo, since the body is not constantly lurching from side to side and lifting tires off the ground. Soft long travel suspension equals comfort on choppy surfaces like washboard and unexpected ruts. You can drive much faster (not towing) in comfort because the suspension can work easily and it is not limited by excessively massive springs.

If that stuff is irrelevant to you, then the PW should not even be under your consideration. A Tremor would be a fine choice if you need to carry a camper or UTV on the back, or just gotta have those 1000 foot pounds of torque.

I would buy a PW in a heartbeat over any other pickup, but I have to admit that an 8 liter Hemi gas engine would make it better..... but no turbos for me. Maybe a supercharger running at 4 or 5psi if it could tolerate regular gas. Sometimes you may find a station out in the middle of nowhere that has nothing but Regular.

If you want a diesel with big payload that is a Not A Ford, and also want to get off smooth surfaces, consider a stock Ram 2500 (rear coil springs) Cummins 6.7 In the trim of your choice, and then add a high quality aftermarket suspension from Carli.

John Davies

Spokane WA

Ok, buy a power wagon. 😂 and you can take a chance knowing you will get boot stomped extremely hard like the PW guy in the video. 😂

Onward! 😄

Edited by Patriot
  • Like 2

IMG_2879.jpeg

11 hours ago, Patriot said:

XPEL paint protection installed today on the Ollie and Tremor. A long day but we got all of the paint production 10 mil on the front of the Ollie and got the Tremor covered as well. This installer a long time friend is excellent and has had numerous awards from XPEL as a master at his craft.

A good day but a long 9 hr day...a few pics of “paint protection day”.....the Oliver had the front corners, dog house, lower quarter panels and behind the rear wheels all done in 10 mil XPEL. The Tremor had entire hood, both front fenders, w/s pillars, both tow mirrors and front and rear quarter panels covered. A few random photos of p/p day.

David, Looks great on Ollie and the "Beast"!  Will be talking to the installer in Concord NC, soon!

• Like 1

LE2