Technomadia's Spring Routing - SW US

technomadia

Chris and I are planning to leave the west coast and start trekking eastward in about a month.

Here's our current very rough draft of the general route we're considering - as we have stops in Albuquerque and Austin to make before we hit St. Louis. (All subject to change due to nomadic whim.)

3303801507_1fa784f6c0.jpg

Our estimated dates are:

March 22 (few days) - Leave the SF Bay Area and head south towards Los Angeles

March 27 (around a week) - Hang out in the LA area, visiting friends & family

April 3 (around 3 weeks) - Head east, checking out Arizona and New Mexico

April 21 (around 2 weeks) - Hang out in the Austin/San Antonio area

May 4 (around 3 weeks) - Head north towards St. Louis and hang out in that area

We have our eye on stopping in at 'The Rally' in Albuquerque, and perhaps the Bluebonnet Casita Rally, but unfortunately it does not look like we'll be able to make it out the Arkansas Oliver Rally, as we have commitments in Austin at the end of April and we're coming from the wrong coast to make that work. But, that doesn't mean we can't make a stop on our way anyway :)

If you live in, or will be anywhere near, places on our map - let us know! One of the biggest joys of our adventure is meeting up with folks in our travels.

Post May - we hope to adventure around the east before we head back to northern Nevada for Burning Man in late August.

- Cherie

• Moderators

Look forward to seeing you guys when you're in Texas. Either at the Bluebonnet Rally or perhaps even some other "Unsanctioned Central Texas Oliver Gaggle" since we seem to be getting quite a good little population of Ollies around here. :lol:

Oscar looks forward to meeting Kiki . . .

Pete & "Bosker".    TV -  '18 F150 Super-cab Fx4; RV  - "The Wonder Egg";   '08 Elite, Hull Number 014.

Travel blog of 1st 10 years' wanderings - http://www.peteandthewonderegg.blogspot.com

visited-united-states-map (2).pngvisited-canadian-provinces-map.png

ABBCMBNBNLNSONPEQCSKYTALAKAZARCACOCTFLGAHIIDILINIAKSKYLAMEMDMAMIMNMSMOMTNENVNHNJNMNYNCNDOHOKORPAPRSCSDTNTXUTVTVAWAWVWIWYsm.jpg

Oh Darn! Chuck and I will be missing you by about a month! May 1st we begin our new job as workampers just south of Alburquerque in Truth or Consequences NM at a hot springs spa! Looks like you will be going right past it too! Well, if you feel a need to soak, they have a spa open to the public ! I think it's $5 an hour. Here's the link in case you might want to soak! Hope we get to meet one of these days on the road!

http://www.riverbendhotsprings.com/

• Moderators

Cherie,

Thanks for sharing the travel map. Don't know how our summer will unfold, but there's a chance I may be flying into St. Louis around Mother's Day, as I often do. I'll give you a call to see if you're in the neighborhood!

Sherry

2008 Ram 1500 4 × 4

2008 Oliver Elite, Hull #12

Florida and Western North Carolina, or wherever the truck goes....

400 watts solar. DC compressor fridge. No inverter. 2 x 105 ah agm batteries .  Life is good.

• 1 month later...

Our trip eastward has been wonderful so far. We got to meet the Hewus family in Lake Havasu City and had a WONDERFUL time visiting with them. We also stopped by to meet Jim Oliver in person at long last, and we got to see the new 22' foot trailer. (Look for lots of pictures soon!)

The last few days we spent at the Grand Canyon, and right now we are in Gallup, NM.

I've posted an update on our plans and schedule heading eastward here:

http://www.technomadia.com/2009/04/new- ... nd-beyond/

After St. Louis, we will probably pay a visit to the Oliver factory in late May or June.

See you all on the road!

- Chris