Year-to-year changes of Elite I

DeeKay

42 minutes ago, SeaDawg said:

That would work, with the Lagun. Much more flexibility. The Springfield pedestal is strictly an up or down adjustment.  The Lagun would be a much better choice, especially if the factory could mount it to the outside wall during construction. 

Leisure Travel Vans did an interesting installation of a Lagun table in the Wonder Front Twin layout.  The table can be used with the bed/sofa or galley and stores away in the closet at the foot of the bed.  With the stow-away feature, the height is fixed so it can't be raised to counter height.

2021-floorplan-wonder-ftb (1).webp

Edited by Susan Huff

Ray and Susan Huff

Elite II Twin "Pearl" - Hull#699; delivered December 7, 2020

2013 F350 6.7l diesel Super Duty 4x4 long bed crew cab

1UP-USA Heavy-duty bike rack

2017 Leisure Travel Van Unity Twin Bed (sold)

AZARCAIDNVNMOKORTNTXUTWAsm.jpg

Gee, I haven't got my Elite II yet and I am already thinking about changes just following this thread. Susan's sofa idea was pretty impressive but I definitely need that dinette. Ken, David and others discussing  an old floor plan with a desk still has my mind spinning. Desk space is a priority in our house so we are still struggling  on how we are going to devote an area for our laptops and other electronic devices in the standard option. Thanks for all the info.

• Thanks 1
  • Like 1

20 hours ago, Starshine said:

Gee, I haven't got my Elite II yet and I am already thinking about changes just following this thread. Susan's sofa idea was pretty impressive but I definitely need that dinette. Ken, David and others discussing  an old floor plan with a desk still has my mind spinning. Desk space is a priority in our house so we are still struggling  on how we are going to devote an area for our laptops and other electronic devices in the standard option. Thanks for all the info.

Transforming from dinette to sofa and back again should be quick and simple.  Lower the table to "bed" position and place extra cushions for the back.  We were lucky to purchase a few back cushions from an Ollie owner (again, thank, you!) who had ordered a set of back cushions for one of the twin beds, but didn't use them all.  The plan is to use the extra cushions on one of the beds until needed for the sofa.  We don't have our Elite II yet, so not sure how this will work out, but expect it to be a reasonable switch.  There is always the option to store the extra cushions in the back seat of the pickup.

An addition to the sofa mod that I haven't had time to explore is some kind of folding table with a support that slides under the center portion of the sofa base; similar to this, but with legs that can be folded flat so it can be stored in the space under the dinette when not in use; or in the closet if the dinette table is deployed.  My son is great at designing and fabricating metal and my husband likes to dabble in woodworking; between the two of them maybe we can come up with a versatile design that could also function as extra counter space for food prep.  Any ideas?

Ray and Susan Huff

Elite II Twin "Pearl" - Hull#699; delivered December 7, 2020

2013 F350 6.7l diesel Super Duty 4x4 long bed crew cab

1UP-USA Heavy-duty bike rack

2017 Leisure Travel Van Unity Twin Bed (sold)

AZARCAIDNVNMOKORTNTXUTWAsm.jpg

• 2 weeks later...