BILLGHON

BillGHON

I am considering buying an Oliver 19 foot single axel trailer. I require a trailor that's operable in cold weather. I'm talking ski country with lows zero and highs in the 20's.  Thanks for any experiences and advise you can give me. Also specifically are you able to use the shower and toilet in extremely cold weather?

• Moderators

Billghon, welcome to the forum.

We have a 2008 elite. We have camped in weather with lows in the teens.

If I were going to camp in zero lows (which I would hope never to do,) I'd want a composting toilet, and I'd winterize the trailer.

I have the original, older trailer, so today's insulation is better.

Maybe, someone with a newer trailer and real winter experience will chime in.

Sherry

2008 Ram 1500 4 × 4

2008 Oliver Elite, Hull #12

Florida and Western North Carolina, or wherever the truck goes....

400 watts solar. DC compressor fridge. No inverter. 2 x 105 ah agm batteries .  Life is good.

• Moderators

We’ve camped several times in weather that got down to the mid-teens.  Single digit weather is not something we would do on purpose, especially for an extended period.  We’ve never winterized.  We were able to use all bathroom facilities during our cold weather camping.  I’m sure there are owners with more cold weather experience than we have, but our trailer did fine and we were comfortable.  Mike

Texas Hill Country | 2016 Elite II #135 | 2020 Ram 2500 6.7L

ALAZARCACOFLGAIDILKSKYLAMDMSMOMTNENVNMNYNCNDOHOKSCSDTNTXUTVAWVWYsm.jpgALAZARCACOCTDEFLGAIDILINIAKSKYLAMEMDMAMS