Greetings from Eugene, Oregon

DeeKay

Hello all. I've been on a quest to buy a used trailer for several months. Unlike many, I plan to live in it year-round, so 4-season ability is a must. I am single, so I think something 16-20 feet would be sufficient. Until recently, I thought I would be buying an Escape, but the insulation in those seems much less than on the Olivers. I don't need a lot of bells and whistles, like A/C, power awnings, electronic stabilizer jacks and a tv, but it seems like I can't escape those features with Olivers.

Basically, I need a sturdy trailer with good storage, great insulation, ventilation and the option of a urine diverting toilet, like a Nature's Head. For now, I'll keep my eye out for an Elite I  for sale that is closer to Oregon than Tennessee or Florida. Something west of the Rockies would probably be easier/cheaper to purchase.

If you have any suggestions, like what year models of Elites I should focus on, classifieds off this site that you recommend or any other general advice, I'd much appreciate it. This is a big purchase for me and your experienced help is valuable and appreciated.

Cheers, Daniel

• Like 1

• Moderators

Hi, Daniel, and welcome to the forum. 

You just missed a few Elites. But, with patience, you'll find one. 

Not as many Elites out there as the Elite II, so you'll need to be ready when one pops up. Keep an eye on the forum Classifieds.  

One of our members did an extensive post on changing his regular toilet to a Nature's Head composting toilet. Here's a link. Grab some popcorn, as promised in the title, it's a long thread, but complete. 

The older Elites, like my 2008, don't have the same insulation of the post 2014 models. Mine has a fabric-like insulation. 2009s probably have a spray on (don't remember the brand.)

How cold does it get where you plan to live in the Elite? 

Sherry

2008 Ram 1500 4 × 4

2008 Oliver Elite, Hull #12

Florida and Western North Carolina, or wherever the truck goes....

400 watts solar. DC compressor fridge. No inverter. 2 x 105 ah agm batteries .  Life is good.

Sherry- Thank you for your reply. It's tough extracting information without people to talk to and this site is a wealth of information and friendly people, like your self.

I saw those last ads for Elite 1s, but they were far away and the timing is a bit early. I have some time to do my homework and be ready when the right one comes along. Since I have a roof over my head right now, I don't have to rush.

Thanks for that link! I may very well need to read it in its entirety. That's a big help.

The coldest I would expect would be in the mid-20s Fahrenheit. Do you think any of those insulation types are preferable for my situation?

Again, thank you so much for your consideration and generous spirit. I look forward to learning more from you and others.

Cheers, Daniel

• Moderators

Have you seen the new listing for a 2017 elite in Northern California?

2008 Ram 1500 4 × 4

2008 Oliver Elite, Hull #12

Florida and Western North Carolina, or wherever the truck goes....

400 watts solar. DC compressor fridge. No inverter. 2 x 105 ah agm batteries .  Life is good.