Took the plunge!

JuniorBirdMan

Honestly, I tried to stop 'em, but Woodstock and Rascal were completely out of control. They bought the showroom model (hull # 32) and are waiting for the wizards at Oliver to make a few changes for them. The good news is that since puppies can't drive, I'll get to chauffeur them around the countryside in their new toy! They're thinking about naming it the "nest egg" if the name's not already being used. Comments?

This forum, coupled with the wonderful people we met at the factory, really made the sale. We're looking forward to meeting some of you after we pick it up in the next week or two and begin seeing how many times we can get lost in each state. :shock:

Aubrey and the two wingmen, Woodstock & Rascal

Oliver #032, "El Huevito"

Ford F-150 4x4

El Juevito's Travels

Welcome to the Oliver family! I know you and yours will love every minute of traveling and camping with your Oliver! Be prepared to be stopped in grocery store, restaurant and gas station parking lots by people admiring the Oliver and wanting on the spot tours! Make sure you find Sherry's "Suction Cup 101" class on the forum! Lots of good advice there. If you ever end up down our way, Apalachicola FL (and if you find us at home!) come on by for a visit! Beautiful beaches, best seafood restaurants, one of the true last small town America communities! Only ONE traffic light in the whole county and NO Walmarts or McDonalds either. Just great mom and pop businesses! Have fun exploring America! Stay off the freeways as much as possible so you can appreciate the REAL USA! Again, WELCOME! :D

• Moderators

JuniorBirdMan,

I can imagine Woodstock and Rascal riding shotgun with their paws in front of their eyes forming the secret BirdMan goggles. If they are anything like Oscar, it'll be best to simply go along with their directions and always remember . . . You're not lost :o , you're exploring ;)

I see you're from Texas. Any chance you and the furkids might be able to join us up at Lake Greeson, AR for the Catfish Extravaganza?

Congratulations on your Ollie. I'm not sure if Nest Egg has been mentioned on this forum yet. I think I've seen it over on the Casita forum. But hey, the pups are gonna name it whatever they want anyhow. Might as well just to go along with them.

Pete & "Bosker".    TV -  '18 F150 Super-cab Fx4; RV  - "The Wonder Egg";   '08 Elite, Hull Number 014.

Travel blog of 1st 10 years' wanderings - http://www.peteandthewonderegg.blogspot.com

visited-united-states-map (2).pngvisited-canadian-provinces-map.png

ABBCMBNBNLNSONPEQCSKYTALAKAZARCACOCTFLGAHIIDILINIAKSKYLAMEMDMAMIMNMSMOMTNENVNHNJNMNYNCNDOHOKORPAPRSCSDTNTXUTVTVAWAWVWIWYsm.jpg

• Moderators

Congratulations on investing in your new "Nest Egg"! (I like the name, too.)

Hope to meet up with you on the road one of these days. Lots of furkids in the Oliver family these days. Looking forward to photos when you pick up your Oliver...

Sherry & Paul

2008 Ram 1500 4 × 4

2008 Oliver Elite, Hull #12

Florida and Western North Carolina, or wherever the truck goes....

400 watts solar. DC compressor fridge. No inverter. 2 x 105 ah agm batteries .  Life is good.

• Moderators

WOooHOoo ! JBM, it is only 300 miles to Kirby Arkansas to Corsicana Texas ! Ya' jest' gotta' make it to the jug fishin' blow out at Lake Greeson !

I know that Richland-Chambers Lake is known for it's striper/bass fishing, but, is there any chance that you might be one of them Texas Jug fishermen ?

I would rather wake up in the middle of nowhere than in any city on earth 08' Oliver Legacy Elite HULL NUMBER 0003(sold)

Thanks for all the warm welcomes. I can see already that this is gonna be a fun experience! I've never done any jug fishing, but if it works out I'll try to get up there for some of the fun. "Suction cups 101" will probably save me a lot of "inventing" on my own - thanx, Sherry. And Pete: Thank you for all the great info - it was really nice talking to you the other day!

Ford F-150 4x4

El Juevito's Travels

• Moderator+

Tali and I are most happy for you with your purchase of the . We know how much you're going to love it. If you can possibly make it to Lake Greeson, do so. This will probably turn out to be the largest gathering of Oliver owners so far.

Hope to meet you soon...

Steve, Tali and our dog Rocky plus our beloved Storm, Maggie, Lucy and Reacher (all waiting at the Rainbow Bridge)

2008 Legacy Elite I - Outlaw Oliver, Hull #026 | 2014 Legacy Elite II - Outlaw Oliver, Hull #050 | 2022 Silverado High Country 3500HD SRW Diesel 4x4 

801469912_StatesVisitedTaliandSteve08-23-2021-I.jpg.26814499292ab76ee55b889b69ad3ef0.jpg1226003278_StatesVisitedTaliandSteve08-23-2021-H.jpg.dc46129cb4967a7fd2531b16699e9e45.jpg

Welcome to the Oliver family! Yours was being built when we picked ours up at the factory back in July - and we got to camp next to it during a rainstorm! (We had a small leak, so they let us stay in the factory overnight until they could fix it in the morning.) We enjoyed touring yours being built during our overnight adventure in the factory on our own!

Hopefully we'll see you out there on the road.. and ours can camp together again in other exotic locations!

- Cherie

• 2 weeks later...
  • Moderators

Update ! Update ! We need a photo update ! Hope you have as much fun in your new Oliver as we have ! We hope to see you out there on the road some where.

I would rather wake up in the middle of nowhere than in any city on earth 08' Oliver Legacy Elite HULL NUMBER 0003(sold)

The "Nest Egg" has arrived!

It turned out to be more of an adventure than I had planned on, but was quite a blast! The day before I left my "babysitter" for the boys fell through. :( Not wanting to leave them in a kennel for several days I ended up taking them along. Found a wonderful lady in Linden (about 20 miles west of Hohenwald) who took excellent care of them on pickup day - and didn't want to accept any payment to boot! What sweet people they were. :D

Arrived at the factory just in time to enjoy the ice storm. Robert's checkout was thorough and enjoyable. Spent the night on the Natchez Trace in freezing rain and we were cozy and warm and used nothing more than the heat strip, a real testament to the insulating qualities of the Oliver. The next morning, in an attempt to escape the ice, we headed south on the Natchez Trace Parkway with no particular route or destination in mind other than to get out of the ice. :!: Spent that night in Canton, MS (pretty town) where our destination came to us in the form of a call from my sister announcing a crawfish boil. Being a good Cajun boy, a couple hundred extra miles for good crawfish is a no-brainer, so off to South Louisiana! From there it was off to see the kids and grandkids in Lafayette, LA and then finally home. Lived in the Nest Egg 5 days and towed it 997 miles and loved every minute of it. The boys keep wanting to get back in it now that it's in the driveway. They really got comfortable with it quickly and even let me sleep in their bed. :lol:

We're hoping to get to Lake Greeson the day after Easter but are waiting to see what the kids and grandkids have got planned for us. We can't wait to get to know ya'll (yeah, a southern thing) and are hoping to meet a lot of you then! Until then, I'll be busy sticking suctions cups on every exposed surface (I'm in Suction Cups 95, the remedial course) and trying to get it organized for Woodstock and Rascal.

Ford F-150 4x4

El Juevito's Travels

Oh cool.. you got the racing/vintage car themed one that they were prepping when we picked ours up! Here's a pic of your NestEgg getting hitched up for her first cross country trip .. to Hot August Nights, I believe.

3370158709_7ec59c36b2.jpg

Congrats ... and hope you have many adventures ahead!

- Cherie

• Moderators

Good report Aubrey ! The nest egg crew out on the natchez trace n' rollin'. Man, oh, man dem' mud bugs soundes' good !

Don't worry about being in remedial suction cups, version 95, you will soon break out and be in suction cups for dummies Version 98, with the rest of us !

The seadawgz, Paul n' Sherry, have taken suction cups to a whole new level and are experimenting on the cutting edge of suction cupology, beyond suction cup 2000. A review of some of those posts on these forums might accelerate the suction cup learning curve !

We hope to see you at the Lake Greeson Jug fishing Extravaganza.

No.. the red one was another one of their 17' show models - they did the gel coat in red, and hand painted all the exterior stuff to match (which proved to be a lot of work, and it faded a bit differently after a while.. so they don't do colors anymore). They had also done one in black at some point.

The 22' didn't come out until just a couple months ago :)

- Cherie

• Moderator+

And then there's the elusive and seldom seen BLUE shell which was just a test to see how/if painting would be feasible. I have some pics that I took on an early foray to the factory.........

Steve, Tali and our dog Rocky plus our beloved Storm, Maggie, Lucy and Reacher (all waiting at the Rainbow Bridge)

2008 Legacy Elite I - Outlaw Oliver, Hull #026 | 2014 Legacy Elite II - Outlaw Oliver, Hull #050 | 2022 Silverado High Country 3500HD SRW Diesel 4x4 

801469912_StatesVisitedTaliandSteve08-23-2021-I.jpg.26814499292ab76ee55b889b69ad3ef0.jpg1226003278_StatesVisitedTaliandSteve08-23-2021-H.jpg.dc46129cb4967a7fd2531b16699e9e45.jpg

• Moderators

The Nest egg looks great :D

Now how 'bout some pictures of the two live Teddy Bears, Woodstock & Rascal . . . Oscar is looking forward to meeting them.

Pete & "Bosker".    TV -  '18 F150 Super-cab Fx4; RV  - "The Wonder Egg";   '08 Elite, Hull Number 014.

Travel blog of 1st 10 years' wanderings - http://www.peteandthewonderegg.blogspot.com

visited-united-states-map (2).pngvisited-canadian-provinces-map.png

ABBCMBNBNLNSONPEQCSKYTALAKAZARCACOCTFLGAHIIDILINIAKSKYLAMEMDMAMIMNMSMOMTNENVNHNJNMNYNCNDOHOKORPAPRSCSDTNTXUTVTVAWAWVWIWYsm.jpg

Here they are "weeding" the garden. They're supposed to be Yorkies, but they're kinda big for the job (19 and 20 #). Looking at their ears I get the idea there may have been a cocker spaniel involved somewhere along the line.

They LOVE other pups, so I'm sure Oscar has a couple of new running buddies.

Ford F-150 4x4

El Juevito's Travels