Anyone put their preorder in?

RnA

https://nikolamotor.com/badger

This looks much better than Cyber Truck.   Now teamed with GM who has been working with Honda on fuel cell technology for a while.  Fuel cell option seems problematic for refills.  Range falls short of the 2500 Duramax for towing.  Would be nice if the trailer could be charged off the fuel cell though. 

- Randy

2018 LE2 STD #365

2018 GMC 2500HD SLT Duramax 4x4

• Moderators

As far as I  know, Nikola still hasn't exhibited a true prototype for either the cool pickup or the semi .

I love the concept.  But, I'd like to see tires moving under stated power before I  put down a deposit .

Rivian has been testing in several locales. 

My deposit is on the Tesla Cybertruck. Only hoping it fits in my garage. 

2008 Ram 1500 4 × 4

2008 Oliver Elite, Hull #12

Florida and Western North Carolina, or wherever the truck goes....

400 watts solar. DC compressor fridge. No inverter. 2 x 105 ah agm batteries .  Life is good.

On 9/8/2020 at 7:13 PM, RnA said:

https://nikolamotor.com/badger

This looks much better than Cyber Truck.   Now teamed with GM who has been working with Honda on fuel cell technology for a while.  Fuel cell option seems problematic for refills.  Range falls short of the 2500 Duramax for towing.  Would be nice if the trailer could be charged off the fuel cell though. 

- Randy

This sounds great BUT the milage range is greatly reduced when towing. I watched a video of someone in a Tesla. Very disappointing. Plus, it's hard enough finding a dump station, finding a quick charge to continue your journey would prove to be difficult.