Something is different

Townesw

• Moderators

It does look different. 

The admins are running some updates at night. It's only partially  updated now, to allow us to use the forum.

There will be some more changes soon, but I don't think you'll see much but improvements when they're done. 

Thanks for your patience in the meantime.

Sherry

• Thanks 1
  • Like 2

2008 Ram 1500 4 × 4

2008 Oliver Elite, Hull #12

Florida and Western North Carolina, or wherever the truck goes....

400 watts solar. DC compressor fridge. No inverter. 2 x 105 ah agm batteries .  Life is good.

• Moderators

They will be back - at least so that you can see them - but they really haven't moved from the "old" location.  Until all updates are complete, please simply put your mouse where it normally used to be and you should see it change into the little hand with the pointing finger.  Left click at that time as you would normally do and you should see either your login info (or in the event you are trying to log off the Forum) you should see the drop down menu for logging off.

Hopefully we will be back to normal by tomorrow - thanks for your patience.

Bill

• Like 1

2023 Ford F150 Lariat 3.5EB FX4 Max Towing, Max Payload, 2016 Oliver Elite II - Hull #117 "Twist"

• Moderators

I really like this format, especially the condensed view, on my phone. 😀

Edited by SeaDawg
Typo
  • Like 1

2008 Ram 1500 4 × 4

400 watts solar. DC compressor fridge. No inverter. 2 x 105 ah agm batteries .  Life is good.

• Moderators
3 hours ago, SeaDawg said:

I really like this format, especially the condensed view, on my phone. 😀

I like it too.  I read through what they did and don’t understand a lot of it, there were a lot of fixes though! 😳

Texas Hill Country | 2016 Elite II #135 | 2020 Ram 2500 6.7L

ALAZARCACOFLGAIDILKSKYLAMDMSMOMTNENVNMNYNCNDOHOKSCSDTNTXUTVAWVWYsm.jpgALAZARCACOCTDEFLGAIDILINIAKSKYLAMEMDMAMS

Seems a little crisper and brighter to me, but otherwise I just like the IP lookup like Sherry mentioned.  

It looks like there's an app we can use now?  Maybe that requires some work on Oliver's part.  I'd be interested if it's any easier to use on the phone that in a browser.

The only thing I've noticed that seems off is that the 'sold' prefix is a bit intense.  

• Moderators

I haven't looked for an app, But, the mobile version for phones and tablets, as I use, is far improved,  at least in my opinion. 

Some buttons have moved a bit, but I  can find them.

Hope everyone else feels the same.

• Like 1

2008 Ram 1500 4 × 4

• Administrators
On 9/9/2020 at 1:51 PM, Maverick said:

There is no login or logout icon at the top, where did they go?

This was a template error, the new update was not compatible with the Oliver template so I had to remake it with the updated version. All appears to be in order now. 

18 hours ago, Overland said:

Seems a little crisper and brighter to me, but otherwise I just like the IP lookup like Sherry mentioned.  

It looks like there's an app we can use now?  Maybe that requires some work on Oliver's part.  I'd be interested if it's any easier to use on the phone that in a browser.

The only thing I've noticed that seems off is that the 'sold' prefix is a bit intense.  

The APP is created and mainted by the forum software developers. I have not tried it yet on my iOS device but it does look promising. It is strictly for this forums and will not include anything else. It is a 3rd party and not from Oliver. Give it a try, looks good! 

• Thanks 3

Full Stack Developer/Marketing @ Oliver Companies

Oliver Forums Guidelines & Rules

• Moderators

Jason, where would I find the app to download it and try it?

Sherry

2008 Ram 1500 4 × 4

• Administrators

Update on the APP - I went to try to install it today but was told it is not available to the general public yet. It is only available right now to people that have a Customer Account with the forums software. I think this is for testing. I was told it will SOON be made available to the general public.

I did go ahead and fill out the form so I might be able to test it out. I will keep y'all update on this.

Thanks

• Thanks 4

Full Stack Developer/Marketing @ Oliver Companies

Oliver Forums Guidelines & Rules

• Moderators

Yes, I  believe it means the poster is a newer member. 

I'm assuming it will disappear after five or ten posts. A new member designation is common on a lot of forums,  but we've never had it here,  until now.

Sherry 

• Thanks 1

2008 Ram 1500 4 × 4