Water bathroom floor

wyofilm

We are currently camping and we have water coming up through the bathroom floor.  I think I've read about this before, but can't seem to find the topic again on forum searches.  Does anyone with their ears currently on know about the problem and the fix?  I'm 99% sure I've missed something.

Thanks in advance!

Best, 

Jason Rife

Jason and Sonja are located in western Wyoming near Pinedale, WY.

Oliver Elite II #609 (2020)

TV: 2017 Ram 3500

Open up the blackflow ...... the black T handle.  depending on how you outfit your Oliver, it's either a black handle near the floor to the left of the toilet, or it's in the closet if you upgraded.

Edited by sakthorp
  • Like 1

Steph and Steve Kimball

2019 Oliver Elite II ~ Twin

Hull No. 463

LOL, two beat me to it.....

Gray filled to the top, or you forgot to open (pull forward) the “travel” valve, to connect the bathroom drain plumbing to the gray tank. 

I took a Sharpie and wrote “Push In For Travel” right over the tee handle.

No worries, everybody does it. You will remember next time.

John Davies

Spokane WA

Edited by John E Davies
  • Like 1

SOLD 07/23 "Mouse":  2017 Legacy Elite II Two Beds, Hull Number 218, See my HOW TO threads: https://olivertraveltrailers.com/topic/john-e-davies-how-to-threads-and-tech-articles-links/

Tow Vehicle: 2013 Land Cruiser 200, 32” LT tires, airbags, Safari snorkel, Maggiolina Grand Tour 360 Carbon RTT.

• Moderators

I see that there are at least three of us that area not afraid to admit we have suffered wet feet due to forgetting to open that valve.🙄

Bill

p.s.  make that four!

Edited by topgun2

2023 Ford F150 Lariat 3.5EB FX4 Max Towing, Max Payload, 2016 Oliver Elite II - Hull #117 "Twist"

Great!  Thanks everyone.  Yes.  Thanks to all.  It was the T-handle.  I certainly appreciate the quick responses.

best,

Jason Rife

• Thanks 1

Jason, are you currently in Wyoming? How is the air now? I think I told you already, but I think Pinedale is an absolutely  lovely small town.

Cough cough....

John Davies

Spokane WA

Edited by John E Davies

SOLD 07/23 "Mouse":  2017 Legacy Elite II Two Beds, Hull Number 218, See my HOW TO threads: https://olivertraveltrailers.com/topic/john-e-davies-how-to-threads-and-tech-articles-links/

Tow Vehicle: 2013 Land Cruiser 200, 32” LT tires, airbags, Safari snorkel, Maggiolina Grand Tour 360 Carbon RTT.

4 hours ago, John E Davies said:

LOL, two beat me to it.....

Gray filled to the top, or you forgot to open (pull forward) the “travel” valve, to connect the bathroom drain plumbing to the gray tank. 

I took a Sharpie and wrote “Push In For Travel” right over the tee handle.

No worries, everybody does it. You will remember next time.

John Davies

Spokane WA

Good idea, labeling the valve . . . . . 

Ray and Susan Huff

Elite II Twin "Pearl" - Hull#699; delivered December 7, 2020

2013 F350 6.7l diesel Super Duty 4x4 long bed crew cab

1UP-USA Heavy-duty bike rack

2017 Leisure Travel Van Unity Twin Bed (sold)

AZARCAIDNVNMOKORTNTXUTWAsm.jpg

• Moderators

Yes, labeling the valve helps but you still have to look around that corner and read it.  After several "wet feet" experiences I put a "slap band"

https://www.amazon.com/Bracelets-bangcool-Silicone-Bracelet-Families/dp/B081F8JHR5/ref=sr_1_1?crid=ZGMXLG5MDPWR&dchild=1&keywords=slap+bands+for+adults&qid=1600260949&sprefix=slap+band%2Caps%2C162&sr=8-1 )

in the bright orange color on my screen door bar

( https://www.amazon.com/Camco-Screen-Door-Cross-Handle/dp/B0012GTVVA/ref=sr_1_3?dchild=1&keywords=rv+screen+door+bar&qid=1600261011&sr=8-3 ) . 

This way I'm forced to look at it each and every time I enter/exit the camper.

Bill

2023 Ford F150 Lariat 3.5EB FX4 Max Towing, Max Payload, 2016 Oliver Elite II - Hull #117 "Twist"

On 9/15/2020 at 4:50 PM, John E Davies said:

Jason, are you currently in Wyoming? How is the air now? I think I told you already, but I think Pinedale is an absolutely  lovely small town.

Cough cough....

John Davies

Spokane WA

No, we are near Redfish Lake in the Sawtooth mountains in Idaho.  Smokey and getting worse.  It was pretty smokey in Pinedale when we left.   Always welcome for a visit when you in the area

best,

Jason Rife

Jason, the winds are finally shifting to westerly this weekend, you should head north if you can. You will be getting Oregon and NorCal smoke there near Stanley, but it will finally be clear for a while up in the Panhandle.

Here is the Sunday morning smoke outlook.

6B3F646A-245F-4876-9EB5-02884D370485.thumb.png.bbef01f6ad849754ee7b72509c70716b.png

John Davies

Spokane WA

Edited by John E Davies

Let's hope that smoke forecast holds! The NWS Seattle office "forecast discussion" has a hedging bets sort of feel to it. I read a good discussion about the  smoke forecast models written by one of the  meteorology folks at UW - tl/dr is "the models are not super reliable at this point." It's at least a little bit encouraging to see some low sensor readings moving up  along  the coast and a teeny bit inland from there. It does seem like we have a few lows that  will come through  with more strength than anything we've seen  since the smoke moved in, but of course the  low that came through this past Monday was originally predicted to be of that  nature too. Let's also hope we don't get too many dry-ish  lightning strikes with this next round or two  of weather...

Jim and  Yanna, Woodinville WA

2004 Ford E250 camper conversion

Oliver Elite II hull #709

Jim, I seem to have located another weather geek. Remember when forecasts showed frontal boundaries, highs and lows? Those disappeared for the most part because humans had to interpret the raw data, isobars, etc and hand draw the fronts. With computer forecasting that seems to have fallen by the wayside. Though one of my local stations has started to at least show the H and L markers again....,

I like this Weather Predictive Center for its old school charts. Here is Sunday:

16A64EE7-BB8B-4125-8B9B-833616D2469E.thumb.png.d64d80b757c9dd2064057ba49c7471a4.png

John Davies

Spokane WA

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/15/2020 at 11:01 PM, Susan Huff said:

Good idea, labeling the valve . . . . . 

Labeling is ok.....remembering is the key. We just added it to our set up and take down checklist. 😊

• Like 2

2020 OLEII - Hull #634 aka-  “XPLOR” 

2021 F350 6.7 liter Diesel Lariat Ultimate Tremor aka- Beast

IMG_2879.jpeg

• Moderators
22 minutes ago, Patriot said:

Labeling is ok.....remembering is the key. We just added it to our set up and take down checklist. 😊

Agree, a label is fine - if you look at it!  Damp feet can also be a great reminder. 😬

• Haha 1

Texas Hill Country | 2016 Elite II #135 | 2020 Ram 2500 6.7L

ALAZARCACOFLGAIDILKSKYLAMDMSMOMTNENVNMNYNCNDOHOKSCSDTNTXUTVAWVWYsm.jpgALAZARCACOCTDEFLGAIDILINIAKSKYLAMEMDMAMS

On 9/17/2020 at 12:11 PM, John E Davies said:

Jim, I seem to have located another weather geek. Remember when forecasts showed frontal boundaries, highs and lows? Those disappeared for the most part because humans had to interpret the raw data, isobars, etc and hand draw the fronts. With computer forecasting that seems to have fallen by the wayside. Though one of my local stations has started to at least show the H and L markers again....,

I like this Weather Predictive Center for its old school charts. Here is Sunday:

16A64EE7-BB8B-4125-8B9B-833616D2469E.thumb.png.d64d80b757c9dd2064057ba49c7471a4.png

John Davies

Spokane WA

Yep!  High pressure moving into the PNW is pushing out the rain.  Warm weather on the way.  Indian Summer (pardon me, if this term is not PC)

Our local meteorologists show us the H/L pressure lines.  We've had some really great weather reporters in the past, usually those who began before computer weather modeling became the norm, but the good ones seem to move on to more renown positions or they retire.  What I don't like are the new generation of forecasters who talk so fast you can't keep up.

I guess this is a sign of old age . . . . . I'm sounding like my mother 

Ray and Susan Huff

Elite II Twin "Pearl" - Hull#699; delivered December 7, 2020

2013 F350 6.7l diesel Super Duty 4x4 long bed crew cab

1UP-USA Heavy-duty bike rack

2017 Leisure Travel Van Unity Twin Bed (sold)

AZARCAIDNVNMOKORTNTXUTWAsm.jpg