Delivery service

DeeKay

Have any of you used a delivery service to transport your Oliver trailer from one part of the country to another? I live on the west coast (specifically, Oregon) and would like to purchase an Elite, either new from the factory or used, from Tennessee or some other part of the country. to where I will be living in it,  near Eugene. Unlike many, I don't plan to travel in my Elite, but to live in it full-time. The proposition of driving it from Tennessee to Oregon doesn't sound that fun.

Kind of surprised that Oliver doesn't offer this service or refer potential customers to trustworthy delivery companies. Let me know if you have any experience with this or have heard recommendations about any specific delivery companies.

Cheers!

If you are buying new, not traveling to Hohenwald will mean you won't have a PDI and orientation, nor the opportunity to spend a few days close to the factory to make sure everything is working properly.  Likewise, buying used from a private party.

If you aren't keen on the drive, I would suggest flying to Tennessee.  Do the PDI and orientation.  Spend a couple of nights at Davy Crockett State Park for shake down time, then have someone do the transport while you fly home.  The only difficultly this scenario presents is the need for supplies to camp a couple of nights.  I know some people who, when taking delivery on an RV miles away from home, will ship the essentials needed so they are waiting for you when you arrive.  Oliver might let you ship to them, or to the local PO and have them hold the shipment until you arrive.

We are also in Oregon (Coos County) and will be driving to Tennessee the first week of December to pick up our new Oliver Elite II twin.  The drive will be an adventure and a welcome change from Covid and forest fires.

Good Luck

• Like 1

Ray and Susan Huff

Elite II Twin "Pearl" - Hull#699; delivered December 7, 2020

2013 F350 6.7l diesel Super Duty 4x4 long bed crew cab

1UP-USA Heavy-duty bike rack

2017 Leisure Travel Van Unity Twin Bed (sold)

AZARCAIDNVNMOKORTNTXUTWAsm.jpg

We used Painted Cowboy (Daniel Jakus) to haul ours to Denver where we met him and picked up the Olly (we're from central Oregon).

He's hauled lots of Oliver trailers and was very professional and his rates were reasonable

Saved us a trip across the mid-west last summer, which was totally worth it.

I feel like Oliver did a very thorough job inspecting our trailer, we only found one slightly loose screw on a drawer latch.

Before picking up the trailer, we checked out all the info here in the forum, videos and Oliver University, which left us well prepared to begin traveling in our new Olly.

• Thanks 1
  • Like 2

2019 Legacy Elite II #488 - Delivery July 24, 2019
2018 F150 Platinum SC SB EB - Leer canopy

4 hours ago, thirddoor said:

We used Painted Cowboy (Daniel Jakus) to haul ours to Denver where we met him and picked up the Olly (we're from central Oregon).

He's hauled lots of Oliver trailers and was very professional and his rates were reasonable

Saved us a trip across the mid-west last summer, which was totally worth it.

I feel like Oliver did a very thorough job inspecting our trailer, we only found one slightly loose screw on a drawer latch.

Before picking up the trailer, we checked out all the info here in the forum, videos and Oliver University, which left us well prepared to begin traveling in our new Olly.

Thank you for the referral! I just emailed him. Will probably be too expensive, but who know. Cheers, Daniel

Daniel,

I just sent you a more detailed message.  In summary, for everyone else is that the company recommended by Oliver, Painted Cowboy, was a pleasure to work with.  Very professional.  As I recall, I felt the price was fair.  I would have preferred to pick up the trailer in person, but our plans to do so started to fall apart as covid-19 shutdowns started to take effect in March.

Good luck,

Jason Rife

Jason and Sonja are located in western Wyoming near Pinedale, WY.

Oliver Elite II #609 (2020)

TV: 2017 Ram 3500