Yet another supply chain issue . . .

Ray and Susan Huff

Last week I tried to buy eggs at our local grocery store . . . . . nada . . . . zero . . . . the supplier of eggs for our store (the only store in town) had to evacuate, due to Oregon wildfires.

Today I found eggs again, but now the shelves that are usually full of bottled water (I need distilled for making pickles) were bare.  If you are travelling in the PNW, know that bottled water might be hard to find as it is being bought by the thousands of Oregonians still evacuated from their homes.

First Covid creates a shortage of TP, sanitizers, bleach, flour, yeast . . . . . . . the list goes on.   Now the Wildfires are impacting the supply chain, as well  . . . . . . . be mindful of your expectations when purchasing disaster sensitive commodities.

• Sad 1

Ray and Susan Huff

Elite II Twin "Pearl" - Hull#699; delivered December 7, 2020

2013 F350 6.7l diesel Super Duty 4x4 long bed crew cab

1UP-USA Heavy-duty bike rack

2017 Leisure Travel Van Unity Twin Bed (sold)

AZARCAIDNVNMOKORTNTXUTWAsm.jpg

I get surprised at what I can't find.  We were given eggs also weekly during the first couple of months of Covad.  but I couldn't find a roll of toilet paper, and we make it here locally. We were down to the last 1/2 roll of TP, then I was blessed to find a six pack on the shelf.

Right now I am thankful that I still have a house, and it is no longer raining ash and burnt pine needles. I am truly thankful for the rain last Friday and I can breath air that is not smoke filled and dangerous.  I think it will be awhile that I complain about the continuous rain in Oregon.

Now I can go back to thinking about Covad and Protest/riots. What an interesting time we have been living in.  

• Like 1

Early 1999 Ford F250 SD 7.3L Diesel 

2020 Elite II Twin -  Hull # 648

On 9/21/2020 at 11:08 PM, 2008RN said:

I get surprised at what I can't find.  We were given eggs also weekly during the first couple of months of Covad.  but I couldn't find a roll of toilet paper, and we make it here locally. We were down to the last 1/2 roll of TP, then I was blessed to find a six pack on the shelf.

Right now I am thankful that I still have a house, and it is no longer raining ash and burnt pine needles. I am truly thankful for the rain last Friday and I can breath air that is not smoke filled and dangerous.  I think it will be awhile that I complain about the continuous rain in Oregon.

Now I can go back to thinking about Covad and Protest/riots. What an interesting time we have been living in.  

Glad to hear you are safe in regards to the Holiday Farm Fire.  We have no fires in our area, but did experience the smoke and ash.  Our son, however, lives outside Estacada and was evacuated for a week (Riverside Fire).  The fire line was less than 2 miles from their property.  Thankfully the fire is being contained, and they returned home and have a home to return to.

Speaking of eggs: there were no eggs at our grocery store last week, due to the fires.  Apparently the supplier, Willamette Farms, was evacuated.  They must have reopened because we have eggs again.  But, no bottled water, again a result of fire evacuations.

I agree, it is nice that Covid, protest, riot and political news have been shadowed by news of the wildfires, although it is sad to see the aftermath of these fires - families displaced, homes lost, and our beautiful state charred and devastated.

Yes, we welcome the rain.  And, yes, these are interesting times.  But I want Normal back.

• Like 1

Ray and Susan Huff

Elite II Twin "Pearl" - Hull#699; delivered December 7, 2020

2013 F350 6.7l diesel Super Duty 4x4 long bed crew cab

1UP-USA Heavy-duty bike rack

2017 Leisure Travel Van Unity Twin Bed (sold)

AZARCAIDNVNMOKORTNTXUTWAsm.jpg