Hello From Central PA

xmavrick

Finally gave up tent camping and pulled the trigger on 2021 LE II last Friday. Scheduled P/U date is 6/25/21 anyone know how accurate Oliver's time lines are? I will be retiring this November and looking forward to hitting the road next summer. Any tips for a new owner welcome. Thanks All Gary

• Like 2

Hull 833

2019 F250 6.2L

• Moderators

Welcome to the forum!

I  think most timelines have been accurate. We'll look forward to seeing you on the road next June!

Edited by SeaDawg
Typo

2008 Ram 1500 4 × 4

2008 Oliver Elite, Hull #12

Florida and Western North Carolina, or wherever the truck goes....

400 watts solar. DC compressor fridge. No inverter. 2 x 105 ah agm batteries .  Life is good.

• Moderators

Gary - 

I add my welcome.  From what I've seen,  Oliver tends to be right on the money to a touch early on the production schedules.  I assume that you picked that date versus it being the earliest delivery date available? 

Bill

2023 Ford F150 Lariat 3.5EB FX4 Max Towing, Max Payload, 2016 Oliver Elite II - Hull #117 "Twist"

Thanks all for the greetings. When i ordered the delivery dates where all for June but that's a good time for us. My order may seem a little Bland to most but it will be a plain vanilla trailer with no graphics and the standard interior. We mostly dry camp in state or national parks so we opted for the solar package/electronic package, KTT mattresses, hyper vent mattress pads, shower track, composting toilet and 30 LP tanks , micro start for the AC, I can still add options until 30 days prior to production but the only other items I may consider adding are the front basket and 30 A plug. If anyone has experience with dry camping/boondocking I would like to hear from you. As always Thanks again Gary & Esther

Hull 833

2019 F250 6.2L

Gary & Esther, I am sure you will be very pleased with your LEII.  Paula and I certainly are for Hull #509.  You will find everyone on the forum very helpful.

We may be camping in PA in just a few weeks as we work our way down from NY from NH.  We have pretty much the same trailer.  We do have the additional propane connections and the 30 amp convenience hookup.  They don't make much of the 30 amp convenience hookup, but it is comes with a transfer switch to prevent using both hookups at the same time.

David Caswell and Paula Saltmarsh

Hull 509 "The Swallow"

Welcome to the league of Soon-to-be Oliver Owners!

When we first inquired about availability earlier this year (I believe it was May) there were build slots open in Oct/Nov.  When we finally ordered in June, the first openings were Oct/Nov.  We chose an early February delivery - not sure why.  A month or two later we received a call from the sales manager asking if we'd like to move up the line as they had an opening for early December delivery.  We said "yes!" so our delivery moved up 2 months.  In hindsight, I'm glad we did, since the drive cross country, from Oregon, should be more favorable that time of year.  Perhaps, in our case, the time of year is a factor since some may not want to travel during Winter months.

Keep in mind, as you move forward: the Covid Pandemic has the RV industry in an uproar.  When we ordered, our sales rep told me they sold more Olivers in the month of May than all of 2019.   I would not base any expectations on past history.  

The wait begins . . . . .

Ray and Susan Huff

Elite II Twin "Pearl" - Hull#699; delivered December 7, 2020

2013 F350 6.7l diesel Super Duty 4x4 long bed crew cab

1UP-USA Heavy-duty bike rack

2017 Leisure Travel Van Unity Twin Bed (sold)

AZARCAIDNVNMOKORTNTXUTWAsm.jpg

Welcome from Maine and hull #211

Tips for tenters becoming Oliver Owners: as you read the forum and search online, you might feel you want to gather "stuff". Most want to store that " stuff" in a spare room. DON'T DO IT. There is more room in a garage or barn.

We have found that half the "stuff" we loaded into the truck, for pickup, no longer travels with us. Cabinets are now more empty that they were the first year. Just know there is a WallyW, a Tractor Supply, and a grocery store just a short way of where you pick up the unit.

Let the fun begin. The anticipation is part of the journey. See you around a campfire somewhere.

• Thanks 1

• Moderators
2 hours ago, Mainiac said:

Welcome from Maine and hull #211

Tips for tenters becoming Oliver Owners: as you read the forum and search online, you might feel you want to gather "stuff". Most want to store that " stuff" in a spare room. DON'T DO IT.

I agree. Keep it as light as possible. 

We have a 2008 elite "shorty." We travel with some empty cupboards.

• Like 1

2008 Ram 1500 4 × 4

2008 Oliver Elite, Hull #12

Florida and Western North Carolina, or wherever the truck goes....

400 watts solar. DC compressor fridge. No inverter. 2 x 105 ah agm batteries .  Life is good.

A big Congrats on your order!  
Welcome, and right now is a great time to get busy reading and learning, and becoming familiar and comfortable navigating through Oliver University. There is a wealth of knowledge to be gathered at Oliver U! The videos are also very helpful.

Your taking delivery at a nice seasonably warm time of the year, very wise! We spent an extra few days at the campground that Oliver provides a complimentary one night stay at. I highly recommend you consider this as it will give you time for a “shake down” of your new Ollie. If you have any issues they can be addressed while you are still close to the mothership before heading home. 
There is a wealth of knowledge on this forum and a great group of owners really willing to help with questions. 

One other note, Oliver was spot on with our delivery date this past June. 

-David

• Like 1

2020 OLEII - Hull #634 aka-  “XPLOR” 

2021 F350 6.7 liter Diesel Lariat Ultimate Tremor aka- Beast

IMG_2879.jpeg

Thanks! Everything sounds like good advice, and a special thanks for pointing out the Oliver University, I had a chance yesterday to check it out and it about covers every aspect of the trailer and maintenance. Thank you Gary & Esther

Hull 833

2019 F250 6.2L