Hi from Colorado - where the camping never stops, you just add more layers

VBistro

Greetings! New member, here. Future owner just about to pull the trigger.

Hubby and I are hardly new to the camper world, having owned a pop-up, a Forest River Roo, and most recently a completely over-the-top upfitted sprinter. We've learned that our style of camping (boondocking and mountain biking/gravel riding) is more suited to a TT/TV combo, and have settled on the Oliver as Camper 4.0. Haven't placed our order quite yet, but hope to in the next month or so. I'm here to learn!

Now, off to search topics about off-road use (nothing crazy, but we like to take advantage of abundant fire roads and dispersed camping here in the West), tow vehicles, floorplan details, etc...

MaryBeth

• Like 1

MaryBeth
Boulder, CO

2022 Elite II #953
TV: 2021 Ford Expedition Max Platinum, Max Tow Package

COKSMONESDTNUTWYmed.jpg

• Moderators

Welcome MaryBeth to the group!   Ask any questions we can help with, lots of knowledge from the folks on the forum.  Our son and family live in Durango so we do Colorado frequently.  Beautiful state.  Mike

• Like 1

Texas Hill Country | 2016 Elite II #135 | 2020 Ram 2500 6.7L

ALAZARCACOFLGAIDILKSKYLAMDMSMOMTNENVNMNYNCNDOHOKSCSDTNTXUTVAWVWYsm.jpgALAZARCACOCTDEFLGAIDILINIAKSKYLAMEMDMAMS

I envy you living in Colorado.  We had a great trip through there last year . . . . part of our "Heritage Tour" that took us through places where some of my ancestors were born and are now laid to rest . . . . .Casper, WY; Canon City, Penrose and Sargents, CO.  Saw some beautiful country all along our route, through Idaho, Wyoming, Nebraska, Colorado and Utah.  Southern Colorado was by far my favorite.  Maybe because I can feel my roots there!

We had hoped to return to Colorado this year, but  . . . . . . well, "you know what" put a Kibosh on those plans! 

Next year . . . . . 

Wishing you the best in your pursuit of your perfect Oliver.  Keep us posted.

Susan

• Like 1

Ray and Susan Huff

Elite II Twin "Pearl" - Hull#699; delivered December 7, 2020

2013 F350 6.7l diesel Super Duty 4x4 long bed crew cab

1UP-USA Heavy-duty bike rack

2017 Leisure Travel Van Unity Twin Bed (sold)

AZARCAIDNVNMOKORTNTXUTWAsm.jpg

On 9/29/2020 at 9:48 AM, BackofBeyond said:

Welcome!

Co is a constant fav. Although it has gotten very crowed lately.  Still  plenty of places to explore.

RB

Yep. It's good to be able to get off the beaten path and find those hidden places!

MaryBeth
Boulder, CO

2022 Elite II #953

COKSMONESDTNUTWYmed.jpg

On 9/28/2020 at 3:15 PM, VBistro said:

Greetings! New member, here. Future owner just about to pull the trigger.

Hubby and I are hardly new to the camper world, having owned a pop-up, a Forest River Roo, and most recently a completely over-the-top upfitted sprinter. We've learned that our style of camping (boondocking and mountain biking/gravel riding) is more suited to a TT/TV combo, and have settled on the Oliver as Camper 4.0. Haven't placed our order quite yet, but hope to in the next month or so. I'm here to learn!

Now, off to search topics about off-road use (nothing crazy, but we like to take advantage of abundant fire roads and dispersed camping here in the West), tow vehicles, floorplan details, etc...

MaryBeth

If you haven't already, done so, be sure to contact Oliver about setting up a "See an Oliver" visit.  When we were "still looking" Oliver assigned us a sales agent who quickly set us up with an owner near our location.  

Oliver was happy to answer any and all of my questions, but in no way did I ever feel any "sales pressure".  Great folks to do business with.  And of course, there are Oliver owners on this forum, with all levels of expertise, willing to help prospective owners make those important decisions.

Ray and Susan Huff

3 minutes ago, Susan Huff said:

If you haven't already, done so, be sure to contact Oliver about setting up a "See an Oliver" visit.  When we were "still looking" Oliver assigned us a sales agent who quickly set us up with an owner near our location.  

Oliver was happy to answer any and all of my questions, but in no way did I ever feel any "sales pressure".  Great folks to do business with.  And of course, there are Oliver owners on this forum, with all levels of expertise, willing to help prospective owners make those important decisions.

Thanks, Susan.

I spoke at length with Rodney today, and will be working with Josh moving forward.  Hopefully we'll be able to "See an Oliver" sometime in the next week.

Rodney was very helpful (as was Jordan a couple of months ago), and answered all the questions we have....right now.  And I was sure to let him know that the only thing we aren't keen on in the current Oliver is the propane fridge.  Just no good at altitude, and when you start at 5500 feet like we do, you're always going up!  😉

MaryBeth
Boulder, CO

2022 Elite II #953

COKSMONESDTNUTWYmed.jpg

1 minute ago, VBistro said:

Thanks, Susan.

I spoke at length with Rodney today, and will be working with Josh moving forward.  Hopefully we'll be able to "See an Oliver" sometime in the next week.

Rodney was very helpful (as was Jordan a couple of months ago), and answered all the questions we have....right now.  And I was sure to let him know that the only thing we aren't keen on in the current Oliver is the propane fridge.  Just no good at altitude, and when you start at 5500 feet like we do, you're always going up!  😉

We had pretty much already decided on an Oliver, from watching the factory tour online.  The in person visit helped us "try one on" for fit - are the twin beds big enough? (my husband is over 6'), same for the bathroom.  Is the storage space adequate? (the cupboards were much more spacious than I had envisioned).  What I had not anticipated was the quality craftsmanship - which is beyond amazing!

Ray and Susan Huff

18 minutes ago, Susan Huff said:

We had pretty much already decided on an Oliver, from watching the factory tour online.  The in person visit helped us "try one on" for fit - are the twin beds big enough? (my husband is over 6'), same for the bathroom.  Is the storage space adequate? (the cupboards were much more spacious than I had envisioned).  What I had not anticipated was the quality craftsmanship - which is beyond amazing!

I really am looking forward to an in-person visit.  All of our research points us to Oliver, and for someone who has owned two Forest River products (a pop up and a Roo), I am REALLY looking forward to quality craftsmanship.  😉  The only thing I can think of that would keep us from ordering is if my husband decides that there just isn't enough elbow room.  Neither of us is particularly tall, but this man likes his space.  The Roo with its camper-long bumpout dinette/couch meant that we could host 8 of our closest friends in the rain, practice indoor yoga, and not trip over each other.  Personally, I prefer a smaller footprint since I will often take our rig out by myself.  I am confident that the twin set-up will be a good compromise!

• Like 1

MaryBeth
Boulder, CO

2022 Elite II #953

COKSMONESDTNUTWYmed.jpg

• Moderators

One of the "problems" I've encountered when talking to people about the Oliver Travel Trailers and the Oliver Company is that most (if not all) of these people have never actually had dealings with either a product like the OTT nor the Company that makes it.  You can tell people about "no sales pressure", "no hassles", "they stand behind the product", "they do what they say they are going to do", "If its their fault - they will fix it", etc.  But, certainly all of that "stuff" has just got to be marketing hype - nobody really does business like that these days.  Well, Oliver ain't perfect, but they are a bunch better than anything or anyone I've ever done business with.  It's just hard to believe.

Bill

• Like 4

2023 Ford F150 Lariat 3.5EB FX4 Max Towing, Max Payload, 2016 Oliver Elite II - Hull #117 "Twist"

8 hours ago, VBistro said:

I really am looking forward to an in-person visit.  All of our research points us to Oliver, and for someone who has owned two Forest River products (a pop up and a Roo), I am REALLY looking forward to quality craftsmanship.  😉  The only thing I can think of that would keep us from ordering is if my husband decides that there just isn't enough elbow room.  Neither of us is particularly tall, but this man likes his space.  The Roo with its camper-long bumpout dinette/couch meant that we could host 8 of our closest friends in the rain, practice indoor yoga, and not trip over each other.  Personally, I prefer a smaller footprint since I will often take our rig out by myself.  I am confident that the twin set-up will be a good compromise!

A few years ago we successfully downsized, trading a spacious 30ft 5th-wheel (do two people really need that much space to camp?) for a 25' Leisure Travel Van.  The floor plan was similar in size and layout to the Elite II twin.  Aside from not having a vehicle to drive around in while base camped, the van fit us well, except for the few times my husband wished it had a slide. 

Yes, my husband also needs his space.  While camping, we spend most of our awake time outside, but when weather forces us inside, the twin beds make a great lounge area.  I also plan to add living space, at times, by setting up the Oliver dinette as a sofa, with the platform in "bed mode" and a few additional cushions we acquired from another Oliver owner.   

As with all RV choices there are trade-offs, but I'm more than certain we will love the Oliver.  And, yes, I'm sure I will hear, more than once, "I wish this thing had a slide!"  :classic_love:

• Like 1

Ray and Susan Huff