Hello from Hemphill, Tx

Dgsmith

I’m way overdue introducing myself, but I guess it’s better late than never,  as I joined the forum a few years ago.  I have been researching and thinking about RVs off and on ever since.  I finally came to the conclusion that an Oliver Elite II was the best choice for me so I put down my deposit last month.  Much to my pleasant surprise, Anita gave me some early build dates so my pick up date is early February.  I thought I might have to wait until late spring or early summer.  😁

I’ve done tons of tent camping ( go figure..I’m an Army retiree) and pop up trailer camping (mostly during my 14+ year Army tours in Germany), but I think now at the ripe old age of 68 I’m ready for a little less roughing it.  I’ve seen enough of Europe, now it’s time to explore my own country.  I wish my wife, Kitty, could join me but she passed away recently due to a long illness, so I’ll be going it alone now.

This forum is such a valuable resource! My hat’s off to all the contributors.  I can’t tell you how much I appreciate the time and effort that goes into sharing your expertise.  

David

• Like 5

David Smith, Hemphill, Tx

2016 Ford F-150, 3.5l EB, King Ranch

Elite II #736 delivered 3 Feb 2021

• Moderators

David, welcome to the group!  We’re about the same age and I had several tours in Europe before retiring as well so we may have crossed paths somewhere.  I’m sorry to hear about Kitty, traveling in retirement would have been such a joy.  You’ll find a friendly community among Oliver owners who will be quick to welcome you in.  If you’ve been on the forum for a while you know everyone is here to answer questions and help. Mike

• Like 1

Texas Hill Country | 2016 Elite II #135 | 2020 Ram 2500 6.7L

ALAZARCACOFLGAIDILKSKYLAMDMSMOMTNENVNMNYNCNDOHOKSCSDTNTXUTVAWVWYsm.jpgALAZARCACOCTDEFLGAIDILINIAKSKYLAMEMDMAMS

Welcome David. 

Your trailer will not be a unit to be lonely in. There are plenty of people that will talk to you about your camper. They will follow you into rest areas and restaurants to ask about the Oliver. They will stop at campgrounds too.

The Oliver is a great unit to see our country in.  From the pink granite at Acadia, to the Blue Ridge, to Natchez Trace, to the tumbleweed of the west you will always feel at home in the Oliver. The pillow you put your head on will be the same one you had last night. You can wear different color clothes everyday and no one will notice. You made a good choice. See you around a campfire. 

• Like 2

Welcome and now is a great time to read and become even more familiar with Oliver University and your owners manual. 
Congrats on your new Oliver!

-Patriot

• Like 1

2020 OLEII - Hull #634 aka-  “XPLOR” 

2021 F350 6.7 liter Diesel Lariat Ultimate Tremor aka- Beast

IMG_2879.jpeg

On 9/29/2020 at 1:54 PM, Dgsmith said:

I’m way overdue introducing myself, but I guess it’s better late than never,  as I joined the forum a few years ago.  I have been researching and thinking about RVs off and on ever since.  I finally came to the conclusion that an Oliver Elite II was the best choice for me so I put down my deposit last month.  Much to my pleasant surprise, Anita gave me some early build dates so my pick up date is early February.  I thought I might have to wait until late spring or early summer.  😁

I’ve done tons of tent camping ( go figure..I’m an Army retiree) and pop up trailer camping (mostly during my 14+ year Army tours in Germany), but I think now at the ripe old age of 68 I’m ready for a little less roughing it.  I’ve seen enough of Europe, now it’s time to explore my own country.  I wish my wife, Kitty, could join me but she passed away recently due to a long illness, so I’ll be going it alone now.

This forum is such a valuable resource! My hat’s off to all the contributors.  I can’t tell you how much I appreciate the time and effort that goes into sharing your expertise.  

David

Maybe you got our build date!  We were scheduled for February 3 delivery, then had a call from Rodney Lomax asking if we'd like to bump it up to December 7!  

We've lived all our lives on the West Coast, but not until retiring have we managed to get out and see the beauty our country has to offer.  Perhaps our Olivers will meet out on the road in 2021.

• Like 1

Ray and Susan Huff

Elite II Twin "Pearl" - Hull#699; delivered December 7, 2020

2013 F350 6.7l diesel Super Duty 4x4 long bed crew cab

1UP-USA Heavy-duty bike rack

2017 Leisure Travel Van Unity Twin Bed (sold)

AZARCAIDNVNMOKORTNTXUTWAsm.jpg