Trojan battery short warranty!

John E Davies

If there is another Trojan AGM thread about this, please merge them..... I could not find one.

I never saw any paperwork about the 6V AGMs in my owner's package. I assumed the batteries had a half-way decent warranty. Mine are 42 months old, four camping seasons. I guess not.....

"Trojan Battery Company (“Manufacturer”) warrants each Trojan® - branded battery sold by Trojan or any of its authorized distributors or dealers in the United States and Canada (“Battery”) to be free of defects in material and workmanship for a period of 12 months, (except 18 months on T-105, T-105 Plus, T875, T-1275, T-1275 Plus and RangerTM 160) after the date of purchase."

https://www.trojanbattery.com/pdf/ManufactureLimited_Warranty.pdf

That seems pretty darned lame to me! I guess that is just another reason to put in a good quality lithium battery set. LiFeBlue warranty is 60 months no questions, plus another 60 months of free repair, or a new replacement at 30% off MSRP. Owner pays shipping. This does NOT apply to OEM applications.

Does anyone know the terms of the Oliver LiFeBlue warranty?

This is interesting and a little upsetting, when my two shocks blew, replacement Monroes had a five year warranty, but Oliver's OEM warranty is just one year. I would hope that Oliver would match the warranty terms of an aftermarket purchase, if not exceed them.... 

"1. How do you read the date codes on the batteries?
Negative Terminal- Shipping Date. This code indicates the month and year when the battery was shipped out of our factory. LETTER stands for the month, A to L (A=January, B=February, C=March, and so on); NUMBER is the last digit of the year.

• Example:
  • A battery with “G4” on the negative.
  • G4” means that it was shipped from our factory around July of 2014."

Comments are welcome.

John Davies

Spokane WA

Edited by John E Davies

SOLD 07/23 "Mouse":  2017 Legacy Elite II Two Beds, Hull Number 218, See my HOW TO threads: https://olivertraveltrailers.com/topic/john-e-davies-how-to-threads-and-tech-articles-links/

Tow Vehicle: 2013 Land Cruiser 200, 32” LT tires, airbags, Safari snorkel, Maggiolina Grand Tour 360 Carbon RTT.

• The title was changed to Trojan battery short warranty!