Buzzing noise from under dinette

Daecart

Hi All, 

When we are plugged into shore power we get a buzzing noise from under the dinette (near the fuse box) when there are no lights on. As soon as we turn one of the inside lights on the buzzing stops. Needless to say we sleep with the lights off, so the buzzing can drive you a bit mad. 

Anyone else have this issue?  None of the fuses seem to be out in the sense that everything on the trailer is operational.  So Im not sure how the silence the buzz. 

Any tips would be greatly appreciated.

What is your hull number?

I had a buzz that would change pitch when various things were switched on or off. I called Progressive Dynamics and described the noise and the fellow asked for a number off the board. I told him what it was and he said I needed a new board. He sent it to me, I installed It and that was the fix. I’m part caveman, so you might say it was so easy a caveman can do it. 

Read this thread

https://olivertraveltrailers.com/forums/topic/2636-noise-from-progressive-dynamics-power-center/#post-136225

Edited by Townesw
  • Thanks 2

Bill and Martha

2018 LEII Hull 313

2019 Chevrolet 2500HD Duramax

10 minutes ago, Townesw said:

I had a buzz that would change pitch when various things were switched on or off. I called Progressive Dynamics and described the noise and the fellow asked for a number off the board. I told him what it was and he said I needed a new board. He sent it to me, I installed It and that was the fix. 

So it was the electrical panel?  I wonder what caused the buzzing to stop when a lights was turned on. . . . . 

Edited by Susan Huff

Ray and Susan Huff

Elite II Twin "Pearl" - Hull#699; delivered December 7, 2020

2013 F350 6.7l diesel Super Duty 4x4 long bed crew cab

1UP-USA Heavy-duty bike rack

2017 Leisure Travel Van Unity Twin Bed (sold)

AZARCAIDNVNMOKORTNTXUTWAsm.jpg

23 minutes ago, Townesw said:

I had a buzz that would change pitch when various things were switched on or off. I called Progressive Dynamics and described the noise and the fellow asked for a number off the board. I told him what it was and he said I needed a new board. He sent it to me, I installed It and that was the fix. I’m part caveman, so you might say it was so easy a caveman can do it. 

Read this thread

https://olivertraveltrailers.com/forums/topic/2636-noise-from-progressive-dynamics-power-center/# -136225

Thanks Townesw!

We are hull 369. It never really changes pitch but I am a light sleeper so it bothers me. The second a light gets turned on, it stops immediately. 

Remove the converter front panel and snap a picture of the number located where the red arrow is pointed in the following picture 

06D7BACD-B880-4F94-95B8-3A56D267BA6B.thumb.jpeg.11fd01e379744059813f0c138a63d53c.jpeg

Have that number ready and call Progressive Dynamics. Maybe they’ll send you a replacement. 

• Like 1

Bill and Martha

2018 LEII Hull 313

• Moderators

Well, that video seems to be exactly the problem the op described.  Thank you!

• Thanks 1

2008 Ram 1500 4 × 4

2008 Oliver Elite, Hull #12

Florida and Western North Carolina, or wherever the truck goes....

400 watts solar. DC compressor fridge. No inverter. 2 x 105 ah agm batteries .  Life is good.

4 hours ago, Daecart said:

Thanks, Townesw. 

I contacted progressive, they shipped me out a replacement panel. And the at did it. The 50 decibel hum that drove me crazy is gone. 

the silence is amazing! 

Glad I could help.

• Thanks 3

Bill and Martha

2018 LEII Hull 313