Snow - what now?

Mainiac

Yesterdays rain, here at the coast, turned to snow just inland. The ski slopes got a 6" base. This morning that snow is still there. It is only 30 degrees here and the field has a thick coating of frost. Guess it is time for that dreadful task. WINTERIZE! Though the task is easy, the mental end of the season is the hardest part. 

When should we plan to hook up and pull out? January? February? 3 weeks? 4 weeks? Maybe 5? New places? Or old favorites?

Decisions! Decisions!

• Like 2

• Moderators

For years now I have tried to tell those "working folk" I run into just how stressful retirement is.  After they initially laugh I go on to explain that since they are working they have a fairly good idea of exactly what their day will bring.  They know when they will get up, what they will wear, probably what they will have for breakfast, where they will go, what they will do, maybe even where they will eat, what time they will head for home and what they will do when they get there.

We "retired folks" don't necessarily know many of these things and we have to make decision upon decision each and every day which leads to STRESS! However, because I (we) care about the wellbeing, health and happiness of others, this retirement thing is just something that I (we) are willing to do.  I encourage those "working folk" just to continue to work, pay into Social Security, and be happy.  I'll suck it up and handle all this STRESS for them.

Bill  😅

• Like 2
  • Haha 7

2023 Ford F150 Lariat 3.5EB FX4 Max Towing, Max Payload, 2016 Oliver Elite II - Hull #117 "Twist"

• Moderators
1 hour ago, topgun2 said:

I encourage those "working folk" just to continue to work, pay into Social Security, and be happy.  I'll suck it up and handle all this STRESS for them.

It's a tough job, but somebody has to do it...

2008 Ram 1500 4 × 4

2008 Oliver Elite, Hull #12

Florida and Western North Carolina, or wherever the truck goes....

400 watts solar. DC compressor fridge. No inverter. 2 x 105 ah agm batteries .  Life is good.

My wife and I look through here and on the FB page and at least twice a day turn our phone to the other and say “ooh, don’t you wish we were here?” before jumping on some dull conference call or other. Trying not to wish my life away but can’t wait to have the freedom to head for the hills whenever the urge strikes. Thanks for the vicarious thrills. 

194 days until May, our Ollie birth month. 

• Like 3

Any chance you could post pictures?  Rain, sleet or snow, doesn’t matter for those of us waiting for delivery day. Lol. Would just like to see what might be in our future. Can’t wait. March 25th for us. 

2021 Legacy Elite I , Hull #765

2021 Chevrolet Silverado 3.0 Diesel 

Navarre, Fl

What gets us through the week. 

Get up in the morning, go to the head. Get coffee. Lunch time, nap time, supper time. Maybe tv time and then bedtime. Just never know what day it is. This clock helps. Everyone should get one as a retirement gift...16032010679339019150874860242944.thumb.jpg.07f4e5cb2145e0b81c1cb0ed08761151.jpg

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Mainiac said:

What gets us through the week. 

Get up in the morning, go to the head. Get coffee. Lunch time, nap time, supper time. Maybe tv time and then bedtime. Just never know what day it is. This clock helps. Everyone should get one as a retirement gift...16032010679339019150874860242944.thumb.jpg.07f4e5cb2145e0b81c1cb0ed08761151.jpg

This is our "retirement clock" . . . . . . just have to remember to change it!

P1510564.JPG

• Like 1

Ray and Susan Huff

Elite II Twin "Pearl" - Hull#699; delivered December 7, 2020

2013 F350 6.7l diesel Super Duty 4x4 long bed crew cab

1UP-USA Heavy-duty bike rack

2017 Leisure Travel Van Unity Twin Bed (sold)

AZARCAIDNVNMOKORTNTXUTWAsm.jpg

• Moderators

I love fall in the Appalachians.

This year, the leaves aren't brilliant.  But still pretty. 

20201019_175013.jpg

• Like 2

2008 Ram 1500 4 × 4

400 watts solar. DC compressor fridge. No inverter. 2 x 105 ah agm batteries .  Life is good.

Awesome photo. That’s the kind of scenery we’re looking forward to. Any one have pics from the North West?  Our son attends UW in Seattle. We’re already mapping out our trip from North West Florida to Seattle. Should be epic. 

• Like 1

2021 Legacy Elite I , Hull #765

2021 Chevrolet Silverado 3.0 Diesel 

Navarre, Fl

• Moderators
9 hours ago, C&MCurrie said:

Perfect, except I want one that shows every day as “Saturday “. 

My favorite expression,  since retirement. 

Every day is Saturday 

• Like 1

2008 Ram 1500 4 × 4

3 hours ago, SeaDawg said:

My favorite expression,  since retirement. 

Every day is Saturday 

That's a lot easier than trying to remember what day it is . . . . . . however, we still have to remember "garbage day" . . . . . our garbage pickup is every other Tuesday.  The routine Monday question: "Is tomorrow garbage day?"

Ray and Susan Huff

This discussion sure has become thought provoking...I’ve  got a whole new line of gear to research ... retirement clocks... guess I better get on, because not only will we be leaving to pick up our new camper one month from tomorrow....

we will be, for all intents and purposes,  retired🙂

• Like 3

Mark & Deb..2020 Elite II..Dearie..Hull #685..2016 Tundra

AZARCAFLMSNMOKPATNTXsm.jpg

1 hour ago, Mcb said:

we will be, for all intents and purposes,  retired

Careful about retirement.. When retired you don't get days off and vacations. 

If you ski there are no lines mid week, they start the lift as you ski up. Mid week you can go into a store, get what you want and get out. If you go to the beach mid week you can watch the beach and surf, instead of where you step. Lots of times, mid week, you can get your choice of sites at campgrounds. Doesn't take long to plan on staying home on Saturdays and enjoy family...

• Like 4

6 hours ago, Mainiac said:

Careful about retirement.. When retired you don't get days off and vacations. 

If you ski there are no lines mid week, they start the lift as you ski up. Mid week you can go into a store, get what you want and get out. If you go to the beach mid week you can watch the beach and surf, instead of where you step. Lots of times, mid week, you can get your choice of sites at campgrounds. Doesn't take long to plan on staying home on Saturdays and enjoy family...

Word of caution: none of the above applies during the pandemic 😷

Ray and Susan Huff

44 minutes ago, Mainiac said:

Don't know where you live, but your words don't live here!

PNW . . . . . Oregon has been flooded with RVers from California . . . . . 

Ray and Susan Huff