Spring Maine Rally

Mainiac

A Spring Maine Rally keeps getting mentioned.

So many unknowns at this time. The State is only allowing certain state residents to visit without quarantining, yet somethings may open? How many would be interested? Just Olivers? Just fiberglass units? All who might like to see an Oliver, like maybe day visitors?. How big an area would we need? Full hookups? Near a golf course? Midweek? With all the RV sales, some places are already booked. What else might folks like to do or see?

Probably a given? Near Acadia National Park, if only for a day trip. A lobster feed. A "Show and Tell" session? 

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, Mike and Carol said:

think the Oliver Rally is being planned for mid to late May in Alabama.  Would a Maine rally be earlier, like April?

Frost is barely out of the ground, if at all by May 1rst. Hence water doesn't get turned on. Depends on year. Looking at any interest at this point. Because of pent up demand, and some eased state restrictions, some places are already booked...

• Moderators

We stayed at lamoine state park once, when Acadia was too full for our liking. It was quite beautiful. 

• Like 1

2008 Ram 1500 4 × 4

2008 Oliver Elite, Hull #12

Florida and Western North Carolina, or wherever the truck goes....

400 watts solar. DC compressor fridge. No inverter. 2 x 105 ah agm batteries .  Life is good.

And of those 16 days of summer, 4 or 5 of them are  hot and muggy... at which point we all start griping about the weather and looking forward to fall ...

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Mark & Deb..2020 Elite II..Dearie..Hull #685..2016 Tundra

AZARCAFLMSNMOKPATNTXsm.jpg

21 minutes ago, Mcb said:

And of those 16 days of summer, 4 or 5 of them are  hot and muggy... at which point we all start griping about the weather and looking forward to fall .

Yes. Temps soar into the high 70s, maybe even mid 80s. Dew point hovers near the 60s. Some downpours would raise the stream heights and guarantee some brilliant tree colors. 

(think I forgot those days I hid in the house with the AC on)..

• Haha 1

I'd be interested for sure.  I'm up for anytime in the spring.  My kayak instructional business does a lot of work there.  Mainiac is spot on that early May could be quite cold at night from mid coast to down east.  If you are interested in Acadia/Mt Desert area without the crowds, Schoodic Woods State Campground is a fantastic spot.  Bath buildings do not offer showers but very clean, well maintained, nicely wooded so sites are quite private,  fantastic hiking/paddling/biking in the area, some good eateries and art galleries.  There is a ferry that runs from Winter Harbor (town where campground is) to Bar Harbor or it's a 45 minute drive which = about 5 miles as the crow flies.  Lots of shopping, eating and garden tour options there.  Pretty far downeast so none too far from the Canadian border in Lubec.

SOLD:  2021 Elite 2, Twin Bed, Lithium & Solar, 3000W Inverter

SOLD:  2022 Ford F150, 3.5L V6 EcoBoost, 4x4 Supercab, Trailer Tow Package

We would be up for this!  Hard to plan around our 16 days of summer.  Of course I am all for avoiding mud season!!!!!  Perhaps right after Labor Day right before the first nor'easter.  I don't know why I live here with so few good weather days??!!. 

I guess the record number of folks moving in due to covid are in for a rude awakening!!! Or just a long cold winter followed by never ending mud season.  Maybe I'll just take up smoking pot to pass these cold winter months now that it is legal and I can buy it without meeting some guy named Zombo behind a random outhouse!  

• Haha 1

I always found When I was  living in the NewEngland states  the best camping in CapeCod Mass, Maine, Vermont NewHampshire Conn, was just After Labor Day.  Most people were back to work getting ready for the holidays, Kids were back in school, camp grounds were mostly empty getting ready to close for the season. The scenic views were fantastic. The weather would cooperate  fairly well. Hopefully you would get an Indian summer. Although you would have a short window. A couple weeks at best before every thing changed. 

Grant  2022 GMC Denali 2500 HD 2019  Elite 11😎