Rhino 21 gal waste tote

Landrover

If anyone is interested. Amazon now has the Camco  Rhino 21 gal waste tote for $100.99  was once at $150.00 then Went down to  $120.00  I ordered one, I don’t think they will get much lower.  Once it arrives I plan on doing some testing with clean water to determine how full it will get  base on the black tank readings 70-80- 90% it shouldn’t max out the tote. Hopefully some room to spare for extra rinse.  18 gal black tank 21gal tote should work ok. Will see. I’ll post results anyone else use this tote?

• Thanks 2
  • Like 2

Grant  2022 GMC Denali 2500 HD 2019  Elite 11😎

• Moderators

The SeeLevel guages are better than most, imo. (When we installed new tanks and gages on the boat, SeeLevel was our choice.)

But, level front to back and side to side still make a difference in the readings, depending on where the Guages are mounted. I judge "full" by looking down the drop with the valve open, as a backup. Same as any rv we've had or delivered. The black tank is just not the tank you want "overfilled." 🤨

Also, depends on where the dump valve is located. I think we get some extra storage (by several gallons) in the black waste pipe, in our older Ollie.

Great idea to test with clean.

I've always recommended that newbies fill the new black tank with clean water, to learn how to dump. No big deal if clean water gets spilled with a faulty connection or technique.

• Like 1

2008 Ram 1500 4 × 4

2008 Oliver Elite, Hull #12

Florida and Western North Carolina, or wherever the truck goes....

400 watts solar. DC compressor fridge. No inverter. 2 x 105 ah agm batteries .  Life is good.

• Moderators

great price, btw. Thanks!

2008 Ram 1500 4 × 4

2008 Oliver Elite, Hull #12

Florida and Western North Carolina, or wherever the truck goes....

400 watts solar. DC compressor fridge. No inverter. 2 x 105 ah agm batteries .  Life is good.

Also be aware that the tank, when full will be close to 150 pounds.  Be prepared to handle that weight. Also remember there will be waste still  in the pipe when the vent starts " bubbling crude". Be prepared for that as well. It is best to leave some in the camper tank, than clean off the ground in front of a line at the dump station? Some in the tank will splash around and clean as you travel...

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, Mainiac said:

Also be aware that the tank, when full will be close to 150 pounds.  Be prepared to handle that weight. Also remember there will be waste still  in the pipe when the vent starts " bubbling crude". Be prepared for that as well. It is best to leave some in the camper tank, than clean off the ground in front of a line at the dump station? Some in the tank will splash around and clean as you travel...

Mainiac.   Great point on the weight sounds right 8lbs per gal.  Heavy. Forgot to consider  that. I hope the wheels are a strong point. I don’t plan on using it much. A just in case item.

Grant  2022 GMC Denali 2500 HD 2019  Elite 11😎

Three things on our tank. Had a snap on retainer to hold the wheel on. It failed. We have repaired. Check that yours are strong.

Make sure you have a fitting that will fit on your hose and into your portable tank. Some tanks vary.

Have a short hose to drain the portable tank. Makes emptying a lot easier. A hose on the vent may be good too.

• Like 2

I have the 21 gal tote tank and it works just fine, I would recommend it.  My Rhino came with the short hose, 90 degree fitting, trailer hitch adaptor, and some other parts. Mine came from Amazon a year ago and was $120 including the free shipping and taxes. 

trainman

• Thanks 1

2019 RAM 1500, 5.7 Hemi, 4X4, Crew Cab, 5'7" bed, Towing Package, 3.92 Gears.