Trying to Understand Diff between “Tow Hitch” and “Tow Package”

Moonlight Mile

1 hour ago, SherMica said:

I def want those features. And I’m used to black vehicles. This beast is right up my alley. I can’t WAIT! 

LOL. It sound as if a decision has been made. Have you driven this beast yet? If not, ask the sales droid to direct you to some gnarley, choppy roads to test the ride. You may not be able to find gravel or dirt, and the droid won’t like getting the truck dirty, but broken, potholed pavement will do as a substitute. 

John Davies

Spokane WA

Edited by John E Davies
  • Like 2

SOLD 07/23 "Mouse":  2017 Legacy Elite II Two Beds, Hull Number 218, See my HOW TO threads: https://olivertraveltrailers.com/topic/john-e-davies-how-to-threads-and-tech-articles-links/

Tow Vehicle: 2013 Land Cruiser 200, 32” LT tires, airbags, Safari snorkel, Maggiolina Grand Tour 360 Carbon RTT.

On 10/25/2020 at 9:51 AM, John E Davies said:

The Rebel is a very nice choice for a 1500 pickup, but be aware it has some “offroady” aspects like bigger (33”) All Terrain tires, upgraded suspension, skid plates and a 1” taller height. If you actually want these features (as I do, for boondocking and exploring the VAST network of unimproved roads in the West) then go for it. If you don’t want these features, and you want an easier to enter vehicle, plus a lower bed height, then a standard Ram 1500 would be a more logical choice. In terms of cool factor, the Rebel wins hands down.....

I don’t know if this has been mentioned before, if you plan to install a canopy, which I do recommend, do NOT buy the Ram Box option, since the box lids cannot open with a canopy in place. They will work with a retractable tonneau cover. The bed is also a lot narrower when you have the boxes, some people do not like this aspect.

4EB3E6A8-9C76-4375-9BA6-23E18489F955.thumb.jpeg.d6819e30b99cd0c35f9b9a57edbbe945.jpeg

Nice truck: https://www.caranddriver.com/reviews/a19561753/2019-ram-1500-rebel-first-drive-review/

Black especially, or any really dark color, is a bitch to keep looking nice, pardon my language, especially when traveling long term. White will match your Ollie, but any light color will be easier to maintain. I really like khaki (desert tan) since it is the color of dirt.... but they don’t offer “Dirt” in the Rebel color chart.😀

Always always, drive before you buy. Make sure it fits you, both physically and emotionally.....

John Davies

Spokane WA

Our pickup is silver . . . . it hides most dirt well.  Only downside: there are a large percentage of Ingot Silver Fords on the road; everyone waves at us 😁

• Haha 2

Ray and Susan Huff

Elite II Twin "Pearl" - Hull#699; delivered December 7, 2020

2013 F350 6.7l diesel Super Duty 4x4 long bed crew cab

1UP-USA Heavy-duty bike rack

2017 Leisure Travel Van Unity Twin Bed (sold)

AZARCAIDNVNMOKORTNTXUTWAsm.jpg

19 hours ago, John E Davies said:

LOL. It sound as if a decision has been made. Have you driven this beast yet? If not, ask the sales droid to direct you to some gnarley, choppy roads to test the ride. You may not be able to find gravel or dirt, and the droid won’t like getting the truck dirty, but broken, potholed pavement will do as a substitute. 

John Davies

Spokane WA

Dude I am picking it up Thursday! I am so excited I think I’ll jump a row of school buses in it first. LOL

• Thanks 1

2021 Elite 1 -- Hull #731

Ram 1500 Rebel 4x4

Now Sold

states.png

• Moderators

In someone's immortal words, "you go girl"!

Ya got a dog, ya got a truck and soon you'll have an Oliver.  What more does one need?

Bill

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

2023 Ford F150 Lariat 3.5EB FX4 Max Towing, Max Payload, 2016 Oliver Elite II - Hull #117 "Twist"

On 10/27/2020 at 10:29 AM, topgun2 said:

In someone's immortal words, "you go girl"!

Ya got a dog, ya got a truck and soon you'll have an Oliver.  What more does one need?

Bill

That really sums it up, right there! I am very fortunate, and VERY grateful all this is happening. Been through a buncha years o’ sheer hell I wouldn’t wish on my worst enemy. No lie. So excited. Still have tons of questions and no time to read much right now. Apologies in advance for asking stuff that is probably already answered and easily Googled. I am a web nerd (one of many hats), but damn there is a LOT to read up on and learn and I’m trying not to “overthink” but that too is one of my charms. Ha. Thanks again to ALL. I really hope to attend a meet up. Or run  into some of you - well, not literally - after I am out there FT. Especially any of you Ollie folks who FT! 

• Thanks 2
  • Like 3

2021 Elite 1 -- Hull #731

Ram 1500 Rebel 4x4

Now Sold

states.png