Edisto Beach State Park, SC

Brian and Maria

We’re jazzed that the weather is looking great for our beach trip! Starting Sunday and returning on Wednesday. This will be our first time camping right on a beach so we are really looking forward to it. We’ve never been to Edisto Beach; Folly Beach further to the north has been our favorite. We don’t camp right on the beach there but the campground at nearby James Island County Park is awesome. Anyway I hope to post here again after this trip. Keep safe everyone. - Brian

E493D545-83CE-4652-8163-8BBFA84271B3.jpeg

• Like 6

Brian and Maria | and furbabies Lucas and Joie | Western NC
2020 Elite I | Hull 583 | February 6 Delivery
2018 F150 XLT 4x4 Supercrew | 3.5L V6 EB | Max Trailer Tow | Undercover Elite Tonneau

• Moderators

As a kid my Dad and I went to Edisto and the surrounding area fairly often.  Absolutely no one was there and I was a fierce pirate 🏝️.  Things have changed but it is still a very nice beach.  Have fun!

Bill

• Like 3

2023 Ford F150 Lariat 3.5EB FX4 Max Towing, Max Payload, 2016 Oliver Elite II - Hull #117 "Twist"

Hope the weather stays nice - the newest Hurricane seems to be dissipating across that middle east coast. I'll put this one on our list. 

• Like 1

Cindy,  Russell and  "Harley dog" . Home is our little farm near Winchester TN

2018 Oliver Legacy Elite II - 2018 GMC 2500 Duramax 

"Die young - As late as possible"
ALAZARCACOFLIDMTNVNMOKORTNTXUTWAWYd56201

We stayed at James Island State Park in late February this year .  We really enjoyed it.  We had a spot that was very close to the beach.  You could hear the waves and walk on the beach.  It was pretty convenient to Charleston.  We did a carriage ride and trip to Fort Sumpter among other things.  Pre covid Charleston had a street fair one Sunday per month that was awesome and very dog friendly.  We also stayed at Hunter Island a little further south.  James Island was nice and was not very crowded in February!!!. It was our first campground after David Crockett.  It was one of our favorites on our trip.  Enjoy your stay.  

• Thanks 1
  • Like 3

5 hours ago, BackofBeyond said:

Hope the weather stays nice - the newest Hurricane seems to be dissipating across that middle east coast. I'll put this one on our list. 

BackofBeyond, thank! and so far, so good, looks like the weather will cooperate. Booking so far in advance is a roll of the dice we sometimes lose, weather-wise, but in this case was necessary to get a spot on the beach. Be safe. - Brian

2018 F150 XLT 4x4 Supercrew | 3.5L V6 EB | Max Trailer Tow | Undercover Elite Tonneau

5 hours ago, Mattnan said:

We stayed at James Island State Park in late February this year .  We really enjoyed it.  We had a spot that was very close to the beach.  You could hear the waves and walk on the beach.  It was pretty convenient to Charleston.  We did a carriage ride and trip to Fort Sumpter among other things.  Pre covid Charleston had a street fair one Sunday per month that was awesome and very dog friendly.  We also stayed at Hunter Island a little further south.  James Island was nice and was not very crowded in February!!!. It was our first campground after David Crockett.  It was one of our favorites on our trip.  Enjoy your stay.  

Mattnan, thanks and happy to hear that you enjoyed your Edisto Beach stay. We love the mountains but also enjoy surf and sand so we're jazzed to see Edisto. We have a camper friend who spoke well of Hunter Island. I'd be interested in your impressions, we're considering a stay there as well. Be safe. - Brian

• Like 1

Huntington Island was nice as well.  A little more remote.  We stayed there to tour Beaufort area.  The light house and park just past the campground was nice.  We liked James Island just a little more.  Both good spots.  From Huntington we went on to Savannah.  This was an area of the East Coast we have always wanted to visit.  From Savannah we went to the Florida Keys and then to Naples/Marco Island area.  

• Thanks 2
  • Like 1

• Moderators

There are some lovely spots between Savanna and the keys .

I'm  glad all of you found spots. Florida isn't easy in the winter, even for those of us who live here. 

Might be better this year, as the Canadian visitors are as of yet still restricted  . Good luck!

• Like 2

2008 Ram 1500 4 × 4

2008 Oliver Elite, Hull #12

Florida and Western North Carolina, or wherever the truck goes....

400 watts solar. DC compressor fridge. No inverter. 2 x 105 ah agm batteries .  Life is good.

Thanks,  being a newbie last year we did not realize how full the campgrounds in Florida were.  We ended up driving from Savannah to the Cracker Barrel just south of Homestead for the night before we went to the Keys.  That was a long drive with the Ollie in one day.  That Cracker Barrel is parked full much of the time with campers coming and going to the Keys.  Traffic around Miami was not fun.   The Keys were great.  We had never been to the Keys.  We stayed 10 days at Collier-Seminole State Park in Naples. We had been to Naples/Marco Island a number of times on business when I was working.  Collier-Seminole was also a nice park.  We met up with a local friend that winters in her Airstream in one of the Naples RV parks.

• Like 2

We’re going to miss Edisto Beach State Park. We’ve enjoyed our stay and we were happy to see a very nice looking Elite II at the campground and meet more of the Oliver family! 

The ocean is on the other side of the dunes in the second picture so you’re not exactly “on the beach” but close enough to hear the surf and take a nice long walk on the beach whenever you want. Many, many shells on the beach. The first night the no-see’ums were terrible and had us making a hasty retreat indoors. The next day they weren’t an issue because it was quite cool but they were back again today, a warmer day. The showers are convenient and clean, the grounds well maintained. We were able to pick up the free wifi with our WiFi Ranger so two thumbs up for that. The antenna picked up a good selection of television stations. Our site (#27) had absolutely no shade but it wasn’t an issue with pleasant daytime highs. Sites have electricity and water, no full hookups. The dump station is located off site, about 1/2 mile on the way out. I’ll happily give this campground an overall rating of “we’ll be back.” Be safe everyone.

- Brian

[And yes, we did vote early back home!]

47A4130E-94C7-43E7-8229-40A2BCFE1D2E.jpeg

5DCF6735-732D-41F0-8820-7EAF6BF8A354.jpeg

Edited by Brian and Maria
Typo.
  • Thanks 1
  • Like 2