Not Since Dinosaurs Roamed The Earth Have I Had A New Vehicle. It's HERE NOW.

Moonlight Mile

I don’t know why they would not delete that one item for a cash credit.... worst case scenario, unbolt the basket (four 1/2”  nuts under the tongue) and sell it here in the Classifieds. Or leave it in place and just don’t fill it with heavy stuff. You might want to use it now and then for firewood, or wet boots, or any kind of fresh road kill..... 😳

John Davies

Spokane WA

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

SOLD 07/23 "Mouse":  2017 Legacy Elite II Two Beds, Hull Number 218, See my HOW TO threads: https://olivertraveltrailers.com/topic/john-e-davies-how-to-threads-and-tech-articles-links/

Tow Vehicle: 2013 Land Cruiser 200, 32” LT tires, airbags, Safari snorkel, Maggiolina Grand Tour 360 Carbon RTT.

6 minutes ago, John E Davies said:

". . .  or any kind of fresh road kill..... 😳

LOL   Yeah to me this truck feels like a "monster truck" -- could probably run over a large "something" and think, "Oh, speed bump I guess." 

I will ask all these questions tomorrow (as to knocking off the basket charge, the need for the Anderson, and anything else I can think of) based on all the great help here. Thanks again.

2021 Elite 1 -- Hull #731

Ram 1500 Rebel 4x4

Now Sold

states.png

• Moderators
10 hours ago, SherMica said:

I may be the most n00by-ish n00b this forum has ever seen. HAHA! But, I "have a dream" and I am FLEXIBLE, even so. November is here, and I have Nov and Dec to really start paying attention and researching this stuff, making some reservations, etc.

I have a feeling it won’t be too long and you’ll be giving advice and sharing knowledge here.  A lot of us were in you shoes not long ago.  You are asking the right questions and doing your homework and are on the right track!  Mike

• Like 2

Texas Hill Country | 2016 Elite II #135 | 2020 Ram 2500 6.7L

ALAZARCACOFLGAIDILKSKYLAMDMSMOMTNENVNMNYNCNDOHOKSCSDTNTXUTVAWVWYsm.jpgALAZARCACOCTDEFLGAIDILINIAKSKYLAMEMDMAMS

• Moderators

You might want to ask your rep what the typical tongue weight is of a 2021 Elite.

• Like 1

2008 Ram 1500 4 × 4

2008 Oliver Elite, Hull #12

Florida and Western North Carolina, or wherever the truck goes....

400 watts solar. DC compressor fridge. No inverter. 2 x 105 ah agm batteries .  Life is good.

FWIW - I really like my front basket. Were I you, I'd go with it, load out your truck and the Oliver as you want - and go to a cat scale - and weight it out. 

AS mentioned, you should  have no need for the Anderson. I would save the $800. 

Good travels in your new Oliver. If you end up around the Mid TN /Lynchburg area give me ping- 

RB

• Like 2

Cindy,  Russell and  "Harley dog" . Home is our little farm near Winchester TN

2018 Oliver Legacy Elite II - 2018 GMC 2500 Duramax 

"Die young - As late as possible"
ALAZARCACOFLIDMTNVNMOKORTNTXUTWAWYd56201

17 hours ago, SherMica said:

Thanks to all for EVERYTHING. Someone said they wanted to know if I had taken possession of the new (2021) Ram 1500 4x4 Hemi Rebel with the tow package included.

I do have it. First new vehicle in about 20 years. So much cool tech. I do web dev, among other things, but man, this is automotive, not web, and this is blowing my mind. I had no clue car tech was this advanced. (Ah, so many things "can" go wrong. 27 computer modules or something.) But, it has heads-up display, it's badass looking, I LOVE the height of it and have NO trouble getting in and out, and I love the power of the V8 (which I was used to), and the nav and the even disembodied voice coming at me. I like that it makes tacos and shoots them out the glove box at me on voice command. (Well, it seems like it could.) All of it. So much to learn. For those just joining us, I'll be towing an Elite 1 (late Jan deliv) and this is my Tow Vehicle. There are many like it but this one is mine. I am attaching a pic of it parked next to my nabe's SUV, which my Rebel looks like it could eat -- as a snack. Snarf!

Here is the door sticker for your Truck Nerdz. And I could not be more excited. I love this thing! LOVE IT. Married it and had its babies LOVE IT.  My dog LOVES it. Dogs and trucks, trucks and dogs. YAAAAAAHHHS.

The sales guy at OTT is still telling me to get the Anderson. I am calling tomorrow to discuss this further while there is still time. FYI. Also shopping for a generator that will fit in Ollie "basket" option (or in whatever one buys to cover the back of a Ram 1500 Rebel securely) and which has a propane option. Still so much to learn, obviously. Overwhelming at times, but thank you all again!

dinosaur.jpg

Just want to tell you, I love your posts . . . . . . . Looking forward to more!

• Thanks 1

Ray and Susan Huff

Elite II Twin "Pearl" - Hull#699; delivered December 7, 2020

2013 F350 6.7l diesel Super Duty 4x4 long bed crew cab

1UP-USA Heavy-duty bike rack

2017 Leisure Travel Van Unity Twin Bed (sold)

AZARCAIDNVNMOKORTNTXUTWAsm.jpg

14 hours ago, John E Davies said:

I don’t know why they would not delete that one item for a cash credit....

The cost savings packages offer a discount for bundled options.  Seems logical that removing an option from a package would also remove the discount so the shortest path for someone to get just the options they want is to just individually list the items from the package that they want.  All the options in the cost savings packages are listed individually on the build sheet.

Simplicity in specifications is the best way to avoid Murphy's law.  🙂

• Thanks 1
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, BackofBeyond said:

FWIW - I really like my front basket. Were I you, I'd go with it, load out your truck and the Oliver as you want - and go to a cat scale - and weight it out. 

AS mentioned, you should  have no need for the Anderson. I would save the $800. 

Good travels in your new Oliver. If you end up around the Mid TN /Lynchburg area give me ping- 

RB

Thanks RB! As of now I am indeed gonna skip the Anderson and get/keep the basket since it comes with a package I want anyway. Firewood storage? Sure! I might just take you up on the Mid TN ping; I had fam in TN ages ago, and I like the state and its people a lot generally. Meanwhile, if you know of any great campgrounds (great being subjective, I realize, but for me it means "peaceful" whether a hookup-ready site or boondocking area) in TN, please DM me, love to hear of any you recommend from personal experience. Will update the info I got from OTT this morning in a new post in this thread, FYI.

Edited by SherMica

Ram 1500 Rebel 4x4

Now Sold

states.png

2 hours ago, TexasGuy said:

Good luck! The new RAMs are beautiful trucks. I am not so patiently waiting for my new truck and Ollie in May.  

I will be anxious to hear your feedback!

The waiting! The AWFUL waiting! Boy do I hear THAT. Excited for you though. MAY! YAY!

Ram 1500 Rebel 4x4

Now Sold

states.png

3 hours ago, Susan Huff said:

Just want to tell you, I love your posts . . . . . . . Looking forward to more!

Aww, thanks Susan. I am a "writer" (among other things) but I don't write fiction. I tend to do whacked out "humor" -- which is of course super subjective. Very nice of you to say!

• Like 1

Ram 1500 Rebel 4x4

Now Sold

states.png

Hey all, spoke with OTT folks today. They said it is NO problem to delete the Anderson hitch, of course. They discussed the situation among themselves and also provided an "FYI" link about this topic, I haven't read it yet (busy, busy and all). But here it is.

I think I'm keeping my basket. Because it's part of the package and I just don't see it as a big deal (pun intended). Even if I just keep firewood in it, or dog toys in a burlap sack, or road kill (hahah), or whatever.

Have asked the OTT people the question posed above and will let you know what they say (re: typical tongue weight of Elite 1).

My isn't this exciting? I get a truck and ask tons of questions and end up asking the OTT people to ASPLAIN to all of us some more things. It's like I have a gift for making things complicated. Yeah, I put that on my resume, usually, too. Heh. 😉

• Like 1

Ram 1500 Rebel 4x4

Now Sold

states.png