Coaxial Wiring Accessibility

Jairon

Can anyone confirm these coax runs are accessible from the basement to the attic?

coax.PNG.4814c6a252bedff522826b78e47576bf.PNG

I'm interested in running LMR-400 from those outlets to the attic for MIMO cellular antennas. If the runs are not accessible, this will be another "post build" request. Hopefully this will be my last weird question for at least a week. 😁

2019 Toyota Land Cruiser

2021 Oliver Elite II, Hull #748

You should ask the factory folks. I would hesitate to say one year's run is the same as the next. I'm pretty sure mine run straight to the rear cubby hole. I have used mine once - just to verify they work....

RB

• Thanks 1

Cindy,  Russell and  "Harley dog" . Home is our little farm near Winchester TN

2018 Oliver Legacy Elite II - 2018 GMC 2500 Duramax 

"Die young - As late as possible"
ALAZARCACOFLIDMTNVNMOKORTNTXUTWAWYd56201

They do, but you'd need to run more cable anyhow.  Instead of doing a cable run to bring the signal inside, you can also consider just putting a hotspot in an enclosure outside, right next to the antennas, for the lowest loss. 

Between Olivers…

28 minutes ago, WhatDa said:

They do, but you'd need to run more cable anyhow.  Instead of doing a cable run to bring the signal inside, you can also consider just putting a hotspot in an enclosure outside, right next to the antennas, for the lowest loss. 

Thanks for the reply, WhatDa. I was wondering if the insulation would act like a big Faraday cage but now that I think about it, the current Oliver supplied WiFi Ranger is mounted externally if I remember correctly. I hope to use a simple hotspot setup most of the time but was going to use the coax to run up a large hitch mounted pole for a dual Yagi antennas when the signal is just too poor. The pre-drilled coax ports close to the rear only adds about 10 ft or so of coax and I can avoid drilling a hole out of the attic 😜

Edited by Jairon

2019 Toyota Land Cruiser

13 hours ago, Jairon said:

Thanks for the reply, WhatDa. I was wondering if the insulation would act like a big Faraday cage but now that I think about it, the current Oliver supplied WiFi Ranger is mounted externally if I remember correctly. I hope to use a simple hotspot setup most of the time but was going to use the coax to run up a large hitch mounted pole for a dual Yagi antennas when the signal is just too poor. The pre-drilled coax ports close to the rear only adds about 10 ft or so of coax and I can avoid drilling a hole out of the attic 😜

Wifi passes even without the wifi ranger (we have gigabit at the house and home base, so it is faster to connect directly than via WFR). Also note you probably want a Log Periodic or panel vs a yagi.  Yagis don't offer wide frequency coverage that you want - but many of the LPs are advertised as yagis.  600mHz band is key if you ever want to have T-Mobile service.  Also for LP/Yagi you need to pay attention to wind loading otherwise the pole will try to weathervane.  I am looking at a setback mount to prevent a crosswind from applying rotational force.

image.thumb.png.40008b2de9f10aee45f80e3118e73054.png

• Like 1

Between Olivers…

Awesome! That is pretty much exactly what I'm going for! 😁

I was hoping these fiberglass poles would be rigid enough to pull it off: https://polesandholders.com/Poles-c52533952

I plan to re-drill the holes at about 1/3 of the tube extension for greater rigidity.

Mount: https://polesandholders.com/NEW-Deluxe-Hitch-Mount-for-22-Pole-p205977791

I currently plan to use the Poynting LPDA-92:

LPDA-0092-Dual-Mount_Back-view-1-e1520498704450.jpg.075eedf9b66f7f1c2a0313567d893756.jpg

I should use better terminology to prevent someone from buying the wrong thing 😀 Band 71 support is something I should probably strongly consider as well. Thanks!

Edited by Jairon

2019 Toyota Land Cruiser

If you look at the tech specs for that antenna, it misses the 600 mhz band.  I am thinking of a separate antenna for band 71 if we swap the tower to t-mobile. Also you will want your antennas 45 degrees either side of vertical (think X or V  instead off a Cross or T)

image.png.f4f42f62167841886fcf650ed2883ca8.png

Those flag pole holders may have some issues: wall thickness, diameter of top section, and no clamping to prevent rotation.  We used max gain systems with clamps but also looked at DX Engineering.  Either way you'll need some level of guying if you get too high off the ground.  You could potentially that mast with a guy mounted to the tip of the antenna(s) to provide directional stability.

Between Olivers…

When we picked up our trailer we found that the coax cables were crossed, in other words the TV and the Cable plugs on the outside of the trailer were backwards. After talking with Oliver service they said to just switch the coax cables on the inside of the garage compartment in the trailer. I removed the inside trim panel and switched the cables, no big deal, but wondered why this wasn't checked in final checkout.

trainman

• Like 1

2019 RAM 1500, 5.7 Hemi, 4X4, Crew Cab, 5'7" bed, Towing Package, 3.92 Gears.