pictures of various storage cubbies elite

Moonlight Mile

I did search “storage Elite I” etc. And came up empty. Can any Elite I owners verify that these Elite II storage cubby pics and features and sizes/locations are the same on Elite I (2021)? Or I can start a new thread (or a mod can move this or delete it?). I have wondered if there are enough diffs between I and II to warrant making a new “section” on the forum for Elite I stuff? Maybe? 

Edited by SeaDawg
  • Like 2

2021 Elite 1 -- Hull #731

Ram 1500 Rebel 4x4

Now Sold

states.png

• Moderators

Good idea on a separate thread specifically for Elite I stuff.  It just might make it easier for members to find in the future.  

Also, I thought you said somewhere that your pup is a black lab.  Certainly labs don't generally have a "license to kill" 😄

Bill

• Like 3

2023 Ford F150 Lariat 3.5EB FX4 Max Towing, Max Payload, 2016 Oliver Elite II - Hull #117 "Twist"

1 hour ago, topgun2 said:

Good idea on a separate thread specifically for Elite I stuff.  It just might make it easier for members to find in the future.  

Also, I thought you said somewhere that your pup is a black lab.  Certainly labs don't generally have a "license to kill" 😄

Bill

I would LOVE a separate area for Elite 1 stuff — not just storage ideas (I have NO idea how much space I will have in a 2021 E1 and need to know BADLY, as I am getting rid of stuff and knowing how much I can KEEP well ahead of my late Jan 2021 delivery date would let me get things sorted SO much more efficiently. I could sell things that won’t fit, etc. I have NO idea what amount of clothing will fit, kitchen and bath stuff, ANYTHING. I cannot tell you how much I would love to hear from other late model Elite owners re all that and see some pics and organization tips and anything else Elite 1 (esp FT people) owners care to share. 

I know there are obviously a lot of differences between the E1 and E2, and a separate area would be SO helpful. If this can be done? Thanks for considering it. 🙂

Yes! Black Lab. And he is sleeping now. License to sleep. Haha!

Ram 1500 Rebel 4x4

Now Sold

states.png

• Moderators

We often carry a large plastic bin in the backseat area of the truck for extra clothes when we’re on an extended trip through different weather areas.  Your Rebel has a cavernous back seat area, plenty of room to carry clothing that won’t fit in the trailer cubbies.  Mike

• Like 2

Texas Hill Country | 2016 Elite II #135 | 2020 Ram 2500 6.7L

ALAZARCACOFLGAIDILKSKYLAMDMSMOMTNENVNMNYNCNDOHOKSCSDTNTXUTVAWVWYsm.jpgALAZARCACOCTDEFLGAIDILINIAKSKYLAMEMDMAMS

• Moderators

We carry extra clothing, coats, boots, etc. In bins in the pickup bed, as well. 

Three bins fit nicely under the Elite big dinette, if you keep it made into a bed all the time, as we do. One bin is extra bedding and blanket. One is often clothing. One is misc daily stuff, vacuum, etc.

• Like 2

2008 Ram 1500 4 × 4

2008 Oliver Elite, Hull #12

Florida and Western North Carolina, or wherever the truck goes....

400 watts solar. DC compressor fridge. No inverter. 2 x 105 ah agm batteries .  Life is good.

We keep our shoes in a bin under the bed which is kept as a full time bed. We also use a net laundry basket from Walmart under the bed along with another smaller net laundry bag for towels (bath and hand).  There is enough room for another bin like the one for shoes as well.  It has worked well for us.  We can usually take enough clothes for a week and fit them into the closet.  We do laundry once a week while on the road.

• Like 2

On 11/6/2020 at 12:31 PM, SeaDawg said:

We carry extra clothing, coats, boots, etc. In bins in the pickup bed, as well. 

Three bins fit nicely under the Elite big dinette, if you keep it made into a bed all the time, as we do. One bin is extra bedding and blanket. One is often clothing. One is misc daily stuff, vacuum, etc.

I plan on keeping the bed as a bed FT. Have to! Big black Lab would not "approve" of sleeping "on the floor." I can imagine the look I would get. "Hey! Where's muh bed? You cannot expect me to sleep on a *floor* or some kind of 'dog' bed!" He'd be doing a doggie version of a fistbite as he said it. Yes I have a vivid imagination about dogs and their "thought processes."  Aheh.

Ram 1500 Rebel 4x4

Now Sold

states.png

On 11/6/2020 at 11:18 AM, Mike and Carol said:

We often carry a large plastic bin in the backseat area of the truck for extra clothes when we’re on an extended trip through different weather areas.  Your Rebel has a cavernous back seat area, plenty of room to carry clothing that won’t fit in the trailer cubbies.  Mike

Yes! I have three hideous purple plastic bins. I can't fit them all, I don't think, nor would I necessarily want to, but one would be great just as you said! All these bits of info are SO helpful as I try to decide "how much, really" can I cram into the truck and the Elite 1 without OVER-cramming it. I don't want the spiffy new trailer to look like an episode of Hoarders. I can see how you gotta be vigilant about bringing NEW items in, too. I think I'll have a 'rule' like . . .  ok if you buy/acquire something, you have to donate/sell/trash something already in there. Otherwise it seems like it would start getting really junky in that small space (Elite 1). I know most people go look first, at Ollies, maybe do the factory tour, etc. I am buying on reputation and videos, comments, reviews alone. Sight unseen, in a way. And not afraid at all because of the reputation and the community. I know this is going to be an outstanding trailer. Thanks again!

Ram 1500 Rebel 4x4

Now Sold

states.png

On 11/6/2020 at 8:51 AM, topgun2 said:

Bill

Maybe I will throw this idea into a suggestion box!

Ram 1500 Rebel 4x4

Now Sold

states.png

• Moderators

We are home from (we think) our last camping trip of 2020.

I can try to help you, from the old school perspective,  as best as I can.

I remove most everything from the trailer at the end of the year, and clean/launder/discard/replace as i go. 

I'm always surprised at how much I'm moving around,  considering we travel with three empty cupboards  (at least) most of the time.

I agree. You don't want to turn the trailer into a hoarders paradise. Nor do you want to have to replace items you give away from your sticks and bricks home.

2008 Ram 1500 4 × 4

400 watts solar. DC compressor fridge. No inverter. 2 x 105 ah agm batteries .  Life is good.

• Moderators

When we picked up our elite, we had 3 people in a volvo xc90, plus our luggage from a week at a trade show, plus what I felt was essential to set up the trailer for a trip to Florida.  (Third person was my brother. We dropped him off 6vor 7 hours down the road at his in-laws,  to catch a flight home to Minnesota. )

That's entirely different than trying to move into a new home on wheels, however. 

I'll try to make a list of what I really think is essential for living on our longer (2 months or more trips, with more than one season.)

Sherry

2008 Ram 1500 4 × 4

• Moderators

20201107_105248.jpg

20201107_104955.jpg

All the small side cabinets (4 total) are close to the same size. One over fot and head of bed, two over small dinette area.

The measurements are the opening size, roughly in my 2008. There's more space on each side of the opening. 

That's where packing cubes and fabric separators like Skubb from ikea come in. They can use the space, conforming to the curve of the hull, and keep stuff from jumbling around.

Edited by SeaDawg
  • Like 3

2008 Ram 1500 4 × 4

• Moderators

20201107_105637.jpg

20201107_105452.jpg

• Like 2
  • Love 1

2008 Ram 1500 4 × 4

• Moderators

My drawers are different from the new trailers, so hopefully,  someone with a newer Elite will share. Even with the smaller old school drawers, there is room for a small silverware divider.

2008 Ram 1500 4 × 4

• Moderators

Above the sink, I  use plastic /Tupperware,  etc. to separate items. Coffee supplies in one. Another for mugs and glasses. Another for cooking oil, condiments,  etc.

2008 Ram 1500 4 × 4

• Moderators

Here's a photo of the jumbled mess of my closet as I  was taking it apart. 

It may not be built the same today, so, ask your rep. I  have one shelf with a lip, a single rod, and a false bottom (removeable) that covers wiring and a few other bits.

The closet isn't big. It's big enough for six outfits and a jacket or two, and the little ikea organizer. Room under and around for several large packing cubes.

Top shelf holds first aid kit, medicines, bug spray, and sometimes hats or a packing cube. Or a rolled up sweatshirt or two. Extra tp.

If we need space for bigger coats, outfits get rolled and moved into another space.

Winter traveling, or rainy weather, I hang jackets in the bathroom to dry, using the shower hook, and a big command hook.

I use a lot of command hooks, and a lot of velcro for flashlights, remote controls,  etc. Also for hanging long sleeve shirts, light jackets, etc, as layers change throughout the day.

The red jacket you see is hanging over a sweater, on a command hook, on the bit of bathroom wall adjacent to the closet.

The grey cube is a small first aid kit. The other one is covered by the floppy packing cube above. 

Screenshot_20201109-200903_Gallery.jpg

Edited by SeaDawg

2008 Ram 1500 4 × 4

• Moderators

So, at the end of the season, I  empty everything out of the Ollie. Clean, launder, crate it up so we can work on winter projects.  I'm amazed every year at the amount of "stuff" I pull out of the trailer.

It's a lot. I'm on the eighth load of laundry, now. Even though I  take less every year. Done soon, I  hope.

This year's big project is doubling the fixed solar. A few other minor projects if we have time. Retirement is really a busy time for us . I often winder how we found time to work.  

Edited by SeaDawg

2008 Ram 1500 4 × 4

• 5 months later...

I would second the idea of having a separate section for Elite I trailers to address their unique requirements.  There are many topics that apply to both but when it comes to storage, packing, towing, etc, there are some unique differences.  This would make those who own (or will own) an Elite I a great resource for them.

I would also be very valuable for Oliver to create a dimensions document for the Elite I like they have for the Elite II.

Thanks for considering this!

Carl

• Like 1

2021 Legacy Elite I | "Lil' Tow" | Hull #924

Tow Vehicle: 2020 Jeep Gladiator

AZARCAIDNVNMOKORTNTXUTWAsm.jpg

• Moderators
1 hour ago, Carl Hansen said:

I would also be very valuable for Oliver to create a dimensions document for the Elite I like they have for the Elite II.

Thanks for considering this!

Yes, it would. I'll put that request in again. 

• Like 2

2008 Ram 1500 4 × 4