full time rving...??

mtkadan

I can't imagine not having our home to come to whenever we want roots.  I know there are many retirees, and those who can work on the road and have not yet retired, who full-time in an RV.  For one, I couldn't work on the road; too many distractions.  And I'd be lost without my big kitchen where I can bake up a storm.  I just wouldn't be the life for me.  I would miss my yard, vegetable garden and all things familiar . . . . . oh, and family . . . . . 

Another consideration is, if your full-time plans include a partner, can you get along in tight quarters and still be friends at the end of the day 😁

Ray and Susan Huff

Elite II Twin "Pearl" - Hull#699; delivered December 7, 2020

2013 F350 6.7l diesel Super Duty 4x4 long bed crew cab

1UP-USA Heavy-duty bike rack

2017 Leisure Travel Van Unity Twin Bed (sold)

AZARCAIDNVNMOKORTNTXUTWAsm.jpg

8 hours ago, Susan Huff said:

I can't imagine not having our home to come to whenever we want roots.  I know there are many retirees, and those who can work on the road and have not yet retired, who full-time in an RV.  For one, I couldn't work on the road; too many distractions.  And I'd be lost without my big kitchen where I can bake up a storm.  I just wouldn't be the life for me.  I would miss my yard, vegetable garden and all things familiar . . . . . oh, and family . . . . . 

Another consideration is, if your full-time plans include a partner, can you get along in tight quarters and still be friends at the end of the day 😁

Dan,

I'm sure  a few of the FT'ers will reply.  We have spent a few months at a time in ours and enjoy it immensely.  Were we to FT - only a  few things  we see that put a kink in the enjoyment - not an any order - laundry - moving around you are always looking for a good laundromat, inclement weather - more than a day confined is hard for me to do, and lastly to Susan's  point - I really enjoy working around our farm, keeping Bee's, gardening, etc.. And I like to keep my  training schedule - local pool 3 times a week, run, bike: on familiar routes.  Out on the road I don't usually get any pool time, and I end up blowing off the  other two....  I'll have work on this.

However, we travel to see family, have no issues being around each other for long periods, and have enjoyed the vagabond lifestyle (in month or more stints) for our entire married life.  We sold the house, and eliminated a good deal of the other responsibilities and fixed expenses a while back - in anticipation of leaving for long stents.  Within the next  year we plan to substantially increase our time out exploring the world and our largest issue will be putting the farm in longer term slumber. Which is really just securing equipment, renting out (or whatever happens)  my hives, and locking up the Barndominium. As for the rest ,  The grass and trees can keep growing, the weeds will do what they do, and the wildlife can have it all back.  We do plan to spend some time here - not sure when  - winters - not, 

The rest is all part of the adventure. Enjoy.

• Like 3

Cindy,  Russell and  "Harley dog" . Home is our little farm near Winchester TN

2018 Oliver Legacy Elite II - 2018 GMC 2500 Duramax 

"Die young - As late as possible"
ALAZARCACOFLIDMTNVNMOKORTNTXUTWAWYd56201

i will start out traveling solo...just want to see whats around the corner...  

am hoping to find "home bases" in different places for different times of the yr.

being from minnesota....will actively avoid sno and coldest weather.