BAL Xchocks

Patriot

We picked up set of these awhile back and used them on our last week long camping trip in mountains of SW Va. They worked great especially during the day and night we caught a lot of the remnant winds off hurricane Zeta. They perform as advertised and made for a very stable no rocking Ollie. I still used the rubber chocks as seen in my pic. 
Just a bit of feedback if anyone is considering a set. 

Happy Camping!

BA3796A7-AA09-42F5-B4F7-3E06779F341E.jpeg

79137B2A-93D5-48C6-B6D5-E0D4DE7E6D7B.jpeg

Edited by Patriot
  • Like 4

2020 OLEII - Hull #634 aka-  “XPLOR” 

2021 F350 6.7 liter Diesel Lariat Ultimate Tremor aka- Beast

IMG_2879.jpeg

On 11/8/2020 at 7:04 AM, Patriot said:

We picked up set of these awhile back and used them on our last week long camping trip in mountains of SW Va. They worked great especially during the day and night we caught a lot of the remnant winds off hurricane Zeta. They perform as advertised and made for a very stable no rocking Ollie. I still used the rubber chocks as seen in my pic. 
Just a bit of feedback if anyone is considering a set. 

Happy Camping!

BA3796A7-AA09-42F5-B4F7-3E06779F341E.jpeg

79137B2A-93D5-48C6-B6D5-E0D4DE7E6D7B.jpeg

I have a set as well but do not yet have my trailer.  Was wondering if these would effectively replace chocks or are they really about stabilization?

SOLD:  2021 Elite 2, Twin Bed, Lithium & Solar, 3000W Inverter

SOLD:  2022 Ford F150, 3.5L V6 EcoBoost, 4x4 Supercab, Trailer Tow Package

1 hour ago, GAP said:

I have a set as well but do not yet have my trailer.  Was wondering if these would effectively replace chocks or are they really about stabilization?

I have a set also and they are for stabilization per the instructions.   Probably because of lawyers involved but they are not meant to be used as a replacement for chocks to prevent rolling.   “Not to be used as a parking brake”.  Here are the instructions.   I use rubber chocks on the tires as well. 

5CA1BCC4-3264-4231-B0DB-126E58D436FE.jpeg

Edited by FrankC
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, FrankC said:

I have a set as well and they are for stabilization per the instructions.   Probably because of lawyers involved but they are not meant to be used as a replacement for chocks to prevent rolling.   “Not to be used as a parking brake”.  Here are the instructions.   I use rubber chocks on the tires as well. 

5CA1BCC4-3264-4231-B0DB-126E58D436FE.jpeg

Yes! Never to be used as chocks. Thank you Frank for posting! 👍🏻

IMG_2879.jpeg

I ask not just cause I'm not looking to have redundant gear.  I'm having a hard time picturing how to use chocks on tires that are on levelers so not in contact with the ground.  I guess the chocks could sit to either side of the levelers and do their job if things go south.

1 hour ago, GAP said:

I ask not just cause I'm not looking to have redundant gear.  I'm having a hard time picturing how to use chocks on tires that are on levelers so not in contact with the ground.  I guess the chocks could sit to either side of the levelers and do their job if things go south.

Chocks can be used on the wheels on the opposite side of the trailer from where the levelers are (presumably only one side needs raising to get to level on that axis)

Jim and  Yanna, Woodinville WA

2004 Ford E250 camper conversion

Oliver Elite II hull #709

1 hour ago, GAP said:

GAP-

I use these Andersen levelers - hope this helps.

• Like 1

IMG_2879.jpeg

Jim, that is a big chunk of clarification.  using the chocks on the non leveled side and, as Patriot does, using levelers that have a chock type aspect to them, like the Andersons, should do the trick.  Thanks gents.

• Like 1

BTW, does anyone happen to know the dimensions of the pads at the bottom of the three jacks?  I bought a set of the Camco yellow Stabalizer Jack Supports and was surprised to see how big the open area in the center was.  Huge items but would probably weigh less than constructing something similar from wood

• 4 weeks later...