2021 Oliver NOT Rally

hardrock

The Oliver Travel Trailers Owners Rally traditionally occurs at Lake Guntersville State Park, (LGSP) Guntersville Al the 3rd week of May on an annual basis.  Because of concern over Corona Virus, Oliver, understandably,  will not be sponsoring the rally for 2021 out of concern for Oliver Owners.    However, you are encouraged to come to Guntersville May 13-16 2021.    ( Date corrected ).  I will be contacting LGSP administration to request we get our rally discount during this time as well as a pavilion for us to safely gather. If you are considering coming, I encourage you to go ahead and make reservations.  The park allows reservations to be made on their website and the campground is already beginning to fill up that weekend. 

When we gathered in October this year, the campground was full, no sites were available so make your reservations ASAP !

I hope to see you there

Coy Gayle

1155 Lodge Dr. Guntersville, AL 35976

Phone Numbers

General Info: 256-571-5440

Lodging: 256-571-5440

Camping: 256-571-5455

Park Office: 256-571-5444

Reservation website

https://www.reservealapark.com/AlabamaWebHome/Facilities/SearchViewUnitAvailabity.aspx

Beach Pavillion (side view).JPG

LGSPlakeview.jpg

DSC_0651.JPG

Terrace and Rainbows.jpg

BUCK (use).jpg

DSC_2959.JPG

deer5.jpg

Sunset from pool.JPG

View from Above.JPG

Edited by hardrock
Incorrect date
  • Thanks 1
  • Like 1

• Moderator+

I made my reservations for your first set of dates. I'm gonna need you to help me fix that. I could not do it on line.

• Like 2

Steve, Tali and our dog Rocky plus our beloved Storm, Maggie, Lucy and Reacher (all waiting at the Rainbow Bridge)

2008 Legacy Elite I - Outlaw Oliver, Hull #026 | 2014 Legacy Elite II - Outlaw Oliver, Hull #050 | 2022 Silverado High Country 3500HD SRW Diesel 4x4 

801469912_StatesVisitedTaliandSteve08-23-2021-I.jpg.26814499292ab76ee55b889b69ad3ef0.jpg1226003278_StatesVisitedTaliandSteve08-23-2021-H.jpg.dc46129cb4967a7fd2531b16699e9e45.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

We made reservations last Friday. I talked to someone at the park who said as of now there are no Rally discounts available. I paid only the first night deposit and she said if they added the discount I'd just owe less at check in. We are looking forward to our first (non) Rally and meeting other Oliver owners. 89 days to our pick up date. Counting down slowly...

Cindy & Charlie

• Like 1

Charlie & Cindy / Cleburne, TX / 2021 Elite II Hull #743 / 2013 Ford F250 Diesel 4WD Supercab

States we've camped in our Oliver:

ALAZLANMTNTXUTsm.jpg

• Moderators
2 hours ago, Time2Go! said:

We made reservations last Friday. I talked to someone at the park who said as of now there are no Rally discounts available. I paid only the first night deposit and she said if they added the discount I'd just owe less at check in. We are looking forward to our first (non) Rally and meeting other Oliver owners. 89 days to our pick up date. Counting down slowly...

Cindy & Charlie

We’ll see you there!  Mike

• Like 1

Texas Hill Country | 2016 Elite II #135 | 2020 Ram 2500 6.7L

ALAZARCACOFLGAIDILKSKYLAMDMSMOMTNENVNMNYNCNDOHOKSCSDTNTXUTVAWVWYsm.jpgALAZARCACOCTDEFLGAIDILINIAKSKYLAMEMDMAMS

• 3 weeks later...
3 hours ago, bsullivan said:

What section of the park should I make my reservation?

We are in Section D. The clerk told me both D & E were normally reserved for the Oliver Rally. 

• Like 1

Charlie & Cindy / Cleburne, TX / 2021 Elite II Hull #743 / 2013 Ford F250 Diesel 4WD Supercab

ALAZLANMTNTXUTsm.jpg

Hi Coy,

It's great to hear you're organizing this event again. I'm putting it on the Google rally map for fiberglass RVs, but by clicking on the pin, it will read, "No further information..."

I recommend you just start a thread on Fiberglassrv.com, even if you want to link it back to this Oliver trailer thread for more info. I only have so much volunteer time to herd in independent rallies. Would love to keep your events in the loop.

If I have time in May, I might be a last-minute attendee!

Kind regards,

Jeannine

RV Compass: Unconventional Rallies for Independent RVers

Publisher of The Roost: the monthly e-newsletter that reports mass flockings of Egg trailer enthusiasts

• Moderators
16 hours ago, HMD1056 said:

I am so happy for all of the Oliver Owners that a non-rally rally is organized!  Have fun lucky owners!!

While it does not look like I will be attending, anyone that is interested in Olivers can certainly attend.  They can either bring what they already own or simply rent one of the many rooms that this State Park has available - camping cabins to rooms in the lodge.  Surely, all are welcome and it is a great opportunity for prospective owners to talk to current Oliver owners and see what they have done to make the Oliver an even better camper for them.

Bill

Edited by topgun2

2023 Ford F150 Lariat 3.5EB FX4 Max Towing, Max Payload, 2016 Oliver Elite II - Hull #117 "Twist"

• Moderators

Stan - 

Glad to hear that you are going to be making the trip.  I doubt that I will be going but I'm sure that you will have a good time.

Bill

• Sad 1

2023 Ford F150 Lariat 3.5EB FX4 Max Towing, Max Payload, 2016 Oliver Elite II - Hull #117 "Twist"

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

We are booked for Site #E28.  We will be arriving on 5/13 and heading out on 5/15.  We will only be there a couple of nights but we are looking forward to meeting the other Ollie owners.

2020 F250 Lariat Supercrew 6.7 Diesel 4x4

2020 Oliver Legacy Elite I  *   Hull #664 (April 2, 2022 Incident)

2017 Oliver Legacy Elite II * Hull #293 (Purchased Used April 16, 2022)

Located SE Texas Region

ABBCYTAKAZARCACOIDLAMSMTNVNMORSDTNTXUTWA

I noticed the park has a golf course... anyone here planning to play? My husband enjoys playing golf and I think he'd like to join a group for a Friday or Saturday game.

Will there be any planned activities, pot luck meals, etc. since this is a non-Rally?

We pick our trailer up on Monday, 02.15 and are looking forward to meeting other Oliver owners. Looks like a good group of noobies will there.

Cindy

ALAZLANMTNTXUTsm.jpg

• Moderators

Hopefully anyone that is planning on attending and planning on playing golf will reply here.  However, unless your husband is a scratch golfer and Matt Duncan from Oliver shows up, tell him (your husband) to be careful with whom he plays 😁.

Bill

Edited by topgun2
clarifying grammar
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

• Administrators
On 11/10/2020 at 1:20 AM, ScubaRx said:

I made my reservations for your first set of dates. I'm gonna need you to help me fix that. I could not do it on line.

I noticed your map is almost filled up! Soon you'll have to hang it up and start a new map to have some goals lol

Full Stack Developer/Marketing @ Oliver Companies

Oliver Forums Guidelines & Rules

1 hour ago, JWalmsley said:

I noticed your map is almost filled up! Soon you'll have to hang it up and start a new map to have some goals lol

I'll take that as confirmation that Oliver is working on a seaworthy model.  Will there be an upgrade for existing owners?

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

• Moderators
6 hours ago, JWalmsley said:

When that happens, it's time to plane new routes, see new places. Or, revisit favorites.  

2008 Ram 1500 4 × 4

2008 Oliver Elite, Hull #12

Florida and Western North Carolina, or wherever the truck goes....

400 watts solar. DC compressor fridge. No inverter. 2 x 105 ah agm batteries .  Life is good.