2021 Oliver NOT Rally

hardrock

• Moderators
8 hours ago, Overland said:

I wonder if Oliver would help fund the first Ollie Antarctica Expedition? 

Now, wouldn't those photos bring a new dimension to "four season" camping?

2008 Ram 1500 4 × 4

2008 Oliver Elite, Hull #12

Florida and Western North Carolina, or wherever the truck goes....

400 watts solar. DC compressor fridge. No inverter. 2 x 105 ah agm batteries .  Life is good.

• Administrators
22 hours ago, Overland said:

I'll take that as confirmation that Oliver is working on a seaworthy model.  Will there be an upgrade for existing owners?

Lol, I have always said the Oliver looks like it'd float!

Full Stack Developer/Marketing @ Oliver Companies

Oliver Forums Guidelines & Rules

If Oliver would go back to installing a two-inch receiver on the back bumper then a person could use a standard hitch propeller. Steering?  Well, perhaps from the flying bridge up on the solar panels. Stability?  Someone (John Davies?) would have design and fabricate a keel to attach between the mudflaps. Sideways propulsion while docking?  — perhaps the outdoor shower?

• Haha 1

2021 Oliver LE2
Ram 2500 diesel

Zefan00n will be at site D-08 with Hull 707  (Heart-a-Lee).  Our first stop along the way to visit our son in Denver- the first long distance voyage in our new OE II.  Very much looking forward to meeting OOO  (other ollie owners)!  Arriving on the 13th, leaving on the 17th.

• Like 1

Wife & I have reservations for 3 days.   We are  scheduled for delivery of our second Oliver on May 7.   If all goes well at Davy Crockett we plan to meander down the Natchez Trace & loop back to site E41.  Looking forward to sharing ideas and potential future modifications based on meeting  you all! 

• Like 1

“Ramble” - 2021 Legacy Elite II #797;  2020 Ford F-250

• 4 weeks later...

We booked "2 HOBOS" into space D-3 last week.  BTW:  The young lady that took our reservation said that they have "unofficially" blocked off several spots down in the normal Oliver trailer area for folks attending this years NOT Oliver Travel Trailer (NOTT) rally.  Looking forward to seeing other owners again.

58842523_10219275019134189_2451776720802414592_n (1).jpg

Edited by hobo
add photo
  • Like 2

2018 Elite II, Hull #414 (the very last 2018 produced).  Trailer name "2 HOBOS" .   2018 F250 4X4 Crew Cab, 6.7L diesel

We have reservations in Section F. Looking forward to seeing everyone! 
Safe Travels!

David & Kathy

Edited by Patriot
  • Like 2

2020 OLEII - Hull #634 aka-  “XPLOR” 

2021 F350 6.7 liter Diesel Lariat Ultimate Tremor aka- Beast

IMG_2879.jpeg

• 2 weeks later...

OK -  I fully understand - The rally is just a bunch of Oliver owners setting up shop in a common camp ground - amidst an improving Covid 19 precautionary atmosphere.  It  seems to me - Given - reasonable safety precautions - we could hold a few informal/formal topic specific get togethers - for those folks comfortable following the distancing and masking guidelines.

There are plenty of open air places to have such a gathering - weather permitting -  where such topics as  - Oliver specific question and answer session - may be valuable to some.  It appears we will have a good number of experienced owners in attendance who may be in a position to share their knowledge.

If there is any interest in this or any other topic - please post your thoughts here. 

We are all adults - we can manage our risk accordingly. If you feel differently  - fine - my comments are simply to understand any interests over and above the camping experience. 

RB

• Like 1

Cindy,  Russell and  "Harley dog" . Home is our little farm near Winchester TN

2018 Oliver Legacy Elite II - 2018 GMC 2500 Duramax 

"Die young - As late as possible"
ALAZARCACOFLIDMTNVNMOKORTNTXUTWAWYd56201

37 minutes ago, BackofBeyond said:

OK -  I fully understand - The rally is just a bunch of Oliver owners setting up shop in a common camp ground - amidst an improving Covid 19 precautionary atmosphere.  It  seems to me - Given - reasonable safety precautions - we could hold a few informal/formal topic specific get togethers - for those folks comfortable following the distancing and masking guidelines.

There are plenty of open air places to have such a gathering - weather permitting -  where such topics as  - Oliver specific question and answer session - may be valuable to some.  It appears we will have a good number of experienced owners in attendance who may be in a position to share their knowledge.

If there is any interest in this or any other topic - please post your thoughts here. 

We are all adults - we can manage our risk accordingly. If you feel differently  - fine - my comments are simply to understand any interests over and above the camping experience. 

RB

What gets me when they had the non rally rally  a short time ago in the middle of every thing  Scott Oliver was there showing off the new Ollie. They had several get togethers one was a QA  for newbies with Scott Oliver at the main club house.  Seemed like a rally to me.  May not have been  a full blown rally as in the past but still a rally.

• Like 1
  • Wow 1

Grant  2022 GMC Denali 2500 HD 2019  Elite 11😎

(¡Overland!  Me encanta su uso de la lengua linda... )

We hope there will be some get-togethers to share expertise and stories... We’ve both been vaccinated and still wear masks and are cautious... but SO looking forward to Ollie Interaction.

• Like 1

• Moderators

This is not an Oliver rally sponsored by the company, but a lot of rallies are organized by trailer owners.  We are saying this is a non-rally, but it really is a rally based on the number of folks attending.  I don’t think we need an agenda, but I’m sure there will be get togethers and informal events.  Based on the age of most of us, I’m sure the majority will be vaccinated. We’ll be outside mostly, so risk is low.

• Like 1

Texas Hill Country | 2016 Elite II #135 | 2020 Ram 2500 6.7L

ALAZARCACOFLGAIDILKSKYLAMDMSMOMTNENVNMNYNCNDOHOKSCSDTNTXUTVAWVWYsm.jpgALAZARCACOCTDEFLGAIDILINIAKSKYLAMEMDMAMS

Sorry to say we are going to miss our first Non-Rally.  Thanks to Uncle Sam extending the new Tax deadline to May 17th Sherry and I will have to cancel our trip.  I am ready to lay this tax prep business in the trash can as changes are getting more crazy each year.  Enjoy the time and hopefully we can join up at the next gathering!

Erv & Sherry

Erv & Sherry  Hull # 650

2022  Platinum SD 250 Tremor. 7.3 Godzilla

ALARFLGAILKYMSMONENCSCSDTNWVmed.jpg

We have also decided to cancel the trip and hope for an actual Oliver Rally next year. Since I'm still working my vacation time is limited and we have decided to do a 2 week trip to the Mighty 5 in Utah from central Texas and do some real boondocking for the first time. Hopefully by 2022 everything will be as close to normal as possible and we can plan on being there and learning lots of stuff from other owners, vendors and the Oliver company. I hope everyone enjoys their trip to Alabama!

Charlie & Cindy / Cleburne, TX / 2021 Elite II Hull #743 / 2013 Ford F250 Diesel 4WD Supercab

States we've camped in our Oliver:

ALAZLANMTNTXUTsm.jpg

On 3/31/2021 at 9:10 AM, gatorewc said:

Sorry to say we are going to miss our first Non-Rally.  Thanks to Uncle Sam extending the new Tax deadline to May 17th Sherry and I will have to cancel our trip.  I am ready to lay this tax prep business in the trash can as changes are getting more crazy each year.  Enjoy the time and hopefully we can join up at the next gathering!

Erv & Sherry

My wife ended our tax business this year. It is over, done, after almost 30 years. She knows what she is doing - in California certification is required, which includes a 40 hour course then 20 hours of annual CE. I have that cert, but you sure wouldn't want me to do your taxes - that has been my wife's expertise. I take care of the simple clients. Hope you enjoy your end of business life, and are able to sell your client list to a high bidder.

John

2014 Toyota Tacoma 4x4

2021 Elite I #758       

image.png.d972b5fc86270818b1e0f030bfaa433a.pngMap of Provinces I Visited

Thanks John,

Fortunately, I do not own the firm I have worked for the last 18 years, my Boss is 79 and has owned the firm for 40 years.   I salute your wife.  I have found certification and CPE training so comical the last few year as the instructors try to predict how new changes will be interpreted and tax professionals being the hired guns to enforce and figure out what Congress does not even know what they have passed.  Oh well...  enough of that..  

Nothing better than sitting outside the Ollie and enjoying nature....ah the life! 

• Like 1

Erv & Sherry  Hull # 650

2022  Platinum SD 250 Tremor. 7.3 Godzilla

ALARFLGAILKYMSMONENCSCSDTNWVmed.jpg

On 3/31/2021 at 2:03 PM, Time2Go! said:

We have also decided to cancel the trip and hope for an actual Oliver Rally next year. Since I'm still working my vacation time is limited and we have decided to do a 2 week trip to the Mighty 5 in Utah from central Texas and do some real boondocking for the first time. Hopefully by 2022 everything will be as close to normal as possible and we can plan on being there and learning lots of stuff from other owners, vendors and the Oliver company. I hope everyone enjoys their trip to Alabama!

OK, you perked my interest.  What are the "Mighty Five"??

2018 Elite II, Hull #414 (the very last 2018 produced).  Trailer name "2 HOBOS" .   2018 F250 4X4 Crew Cab, 6.7L diesel