2021 Oliver NOT Rally

hardrock

On 4/11/2021 at 4:16 AM, hobo said:

OK, you perked my interest.  What are the "Mighty Five"??

Hobo, 

The Mighty 5 National Parks - Arches, Bryce Canyon, Canyonlands, Capitol Reef & Zion National Parks.

We want to do Mesa Verde & Durango/Silverton Railway on the trip up thru Colorado and then do Horseshoe Bend & Antelope Canyon (if reopened) on the way back to Texas. It will be a whirlwind tour but will get some hiking, viewing, biking and boondocking in along the way.

Cindy

Charlie & Cindy / Cleburne, TX / 2021 Elite II Hull #743 / 2013 Ford F250 Diesel 4WD Supercab

States we've camped in our Oliver:

ALAZLANMTNTXUTsm.jpg

23 hours ago, Time2Go! said:

We want to do Mesa Verde & Durango/Silverton Railway

Unless you both are true die hard steam fanatics, do not take the train up to Silverton and back, the round trip is stinky and excruciatingly long (SEVEN hours to go 90 miles, not including the two hour layover). I love “live steam” but that trip pretty much destroyed me for a couple of days. If one of you wants to ride, the other should go up the hill and meet that person at Silverton, then drive back down together. There are plenty of cool shops, pubs and scenery in that very neat little town. Also some great boondocking sites close by... and the wonderful Million Dollar Highway,  Ouray, Lake City, Telluride, Alpine Loop, ghost towns, mine relics, jeep trails, multiple 12,000 foot passes, oh my! I love that particular section of the Colorado Plateau, when the fires are not making the air unbreathable.

Further west Dinosaur NM (the very remote canyon parts especially) and Colorado NM are teriffic, IMHO. 

John Davies

Spokane WA

Edited by John E Davies

SOLD 07/23 "Mouse":  2017 Legacy Elite II Two Beds, Hull Number 218, See my HOW TO threads: https://olivertraveltrailers.com/topic/john-e-davies-how-to-threads-and-tech-articles-links/

Tow Vehicle: 2013 Land Cruiser 200, 32” LT tires, airbags, Safari snorkel, Maggiolina Grand Tour 360 Carbon RTT.

Book the bus outbound and train return, or the reverse.  Coming or going through town and immediate outskirts is numbingly slow.  I'd be tempted to get it over with outbound.  

https://www.ralphmawyerphotography.com/Travel/Southwest-US/Colorado-Durango-Train/i-JDW2QKS

2020 Legacy Elite II Hull 625 - 2013 Lexus LX 570

San Antonio/Boerne - Texas Hill Country

• 2 weeks later...

SNYSDUP is heading out today, meandering its way down to Lake Guntersville & the NOT-Rally.

We look forward to meeting all who will be there.

We are starting out with the "Willis" (cat), let the adventure begin...

Bryan & Maggie 

• Like 3

Maggie & Bryan | Arnegard, ND | 2020 LE II "Twins" Hull #665 | 2021 RAM 2500  6.4L HEMI Gasser  4dr  6.5' bed

ABBCMBNBNTNSONPEQCSKYTALARCTDEFLGAILINIAKSKYLAMEMDMAMIMNMSMONENHNJNYNCNDOHOKPARISCSDTNTXVTVAWVWIxlg.jpg.d41b39fcf844ad1935d35acdc8a6c203.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

I am coming from Cincinnati and don't expect any Fuel Shortage problems in route, but just to be safe, I will be caring an extra 5 Gallons with me and will be filling up at the Half Tank Mark.

BTW, I'll have my Tongue Scale with me if anyone wants to measure their's, site E10.

One of my objective during the Rally is to get recommendations on which Mattresses to get, currently just cushions. You know Papa Bear/Mother Bear/Baby Bear. Which one is just right?  

• Like 2

On 3/28/2021 at 4:57 PM, Overland said:

The non rally rally is really a rally?

Try saying that fast, three times!

• Haha 1

Ray and Susan Huff

Elite II Twin "Pearl" - Hull#699; delivered December 7, 2020

2013 F350 6.7l diesel Super Duty 4x4 long bed crew cab

1UP-USA Heavy-duty bike rack

2017 Leisure Travel Van Unity Twin Bed (sold)

AZARCAIDNVNMOKORTNTXUTWAsm.jpg

On 4/13/2021 at 10:02 AM, Time2Go! said:

Hobo, 

The Mighty 5 National Parks - Arches, Bryce Canyon, Canyonlands, Capitol Reef & Zion National Parks.

We want to do Mesa Verde & Durango/Silverton Railway on the trip up thru Colorado and then do Horseshoe Bend & Antelope Canyon (if reopened) on the way back to Texas. It will be a whirlwind tour but will get some hiking, viewing, biking and boondocking in along the way.

Cindy

We are heading to Utah this Saturday!!!

Ray and Susan Huff

Elite II Twin "Pearl" - Hull#699; delivered December 7, 2020

2013 F350 6.7l diesel Super Duty 4x4 long bed crew cab

1UP-USA Heavy-duty bike rack

2017 Leisure Travel Van Unity Twin Bed (sold)

AZARCAIDNVNMOKORTNTXUTWAsm.jpg

4 hours ago, ShallowGal said:

Memphis to Guntersville. All gas stations are business as usual. 

Well other than the I-40 bridge....

• Like 2

Cindy,  Russell and  "Harley dog" . Home is our little farm near Winchester TN

2018 Oliver Legacy Elite II - 2018 GMC 2500 Duramax 

"Die young - As late as possible"
ALAZARCACOFLIDMTNVNMOKORTNTXUTWAWYd56201

• Moderators
9 hours ago, Overland said:

Maybe the week after.

Unless its deer season - then all bets are off.😁

• Haha 2

2023 Ford F150 Lariat 3.5EB FX4 Max Towing, Max Payload, 2016 Oliver Elite II - Hull #117 "Twist"

• Moderators
10 hours ago, Overland said:

I offered to fix it with some 3M 5200 and VHB tape but I haven’t heard back yet. 

Not "Duck" tape?😉

2023 Ford F150 Lariat 3.5EB FX4 Max Towing, Max Payload, 2016 Oliver Elite II - Hull #117 "Twist"

The break I saw pictured is gonna need some JB weld. 

Now I have to alter my travel plans - add a few hours to get through - lets see - if I leave about midnight  - I can be at the detour about 4am - wonder if that is the low tide period. 

RB

Cindy,  Russell and  "Harley dog" . Home is our little farm near Winchester TN

2018 Oliver Legacy Elite II - 2018 GMC 2500 Duramax 

"Die young - As late as possible"
ALAZARCACOFLIDMTNVNMOKORTNTXUTWAWYd56201

• Moderators
2 hours ago, BackofBeyond said:

The break I saw pictured is gonna need some JB weld. 

Yep - some SERIOUS JB Weld!

That certainly is one nasty break -  NOT a crack as I had first heard.

OK, for those members who may be clueless about this crack thing….

https://www.wmcactionnews5.com/2021/05/12/engineering-expert-explains-i-bridge-crack/

I don’t really understand why folks are so anxious, the bridge is still standing, nobody went into the drink, and there is an Interstate bypass loop and another bridge over the Mississippi. Unless that one is cracked too. Now that would be a serious problem…..

John Davies

Spokane WA

SOLD 07/23 "Mouse":  2017 Legacy Elite II Two Beds, Hull Number 218, See my HOW TO threads: https://olivertraveltrailers.com/topic/john-e-davies-how-to-threads-and-tech-articles-links/

Tow Vehicle: 2013 Land Cruiser 200, 32” LT tires, airbags, Safari snorkel, Maggiolina Grand Tour 360 Carbon RTT.

The problem with the old bridge is that back when it was the new bridge it was just two lanes and was later reconfigured to four very narrow lanes.  And it also kind of bounces as traffic goes over, so cars naturally slow down on it already.  With double the traffic, it's super slow.  That bridge gets most of the freight traffic, so it'll be crowded.  

• Like 1

• 2 months later...