Veterans Day.....

Patriot

An eternal heartfelt thank you to all Brothers and Sisters in arms who have served our great country honorably. Let’s also remember those who gave all for the continued freedoms we presently still enjoy. If so inclined maybe post up a photo of your service days. 

May God continue to bless this awesome country of ours. 🇺🇸🇺🇸🇺🇸🇺🇸

“Freedom is not Free”

F308AB68-2B2A-4F78-B4C5-023673E61600.jpeg

2BB080D3-76E6-4173-89F4-F9A58C980D88.jpeg

Edited by Patriot
  • Thanks 4
  • Like 6

2020 OLEII - Hull #634 aka-  “XPLOR” 

2021 F350 6.7 liter Diesel Lariat Ultimate Tremor aka- Beast

IMG_2879.jpeg

Thanks to all veterans, I never served but I do have the deepest appreciation for those who did, and for those who never came back. Patriot, can you tell us a little about your dog companion?

John Davies

Spokane WA

Edited by John E Davies
  • Like 1

SOLD 07/23 "Mouse":  2017 Legacy Elite II Two Beds, Hull Number 218, See my HOW TO threads: https://olivertraveltrailers.com/topic/john-e-davies-how-to-threads-and-tech-articles-links/

Tow Vehicle: 2013 Land Cruiser 200, 32” LT tires, airbags, Safari snorkel, Maggiolina Grand Tour 360 Carbon RTT.

1 hour ago, John E Davies said:

Thanks to all veterans, I never served but I do have the deepest appreciation for those who did, and for those who never came back. Patriot, can you tell us a little about your dog companion?

John Davies

Spokane WA

JD,

Comanche was his name and he was a certified USAF patrol dog. The day of this photo I was assigned at Brooks Air Force base in San Antonio as the Supervisor over the base military working dog program. Brooks was a sort of a sleepy small Areospace R&D base. 
As for Comanche he was an exceptional Rottweiler having a kind temperament and 100% loyalty/handler bond. That said, he was quickly all business when it came to his work as a patrol dog. He excelled in attack sleeve or decoy work, scouting and tracking. What I found most interesting is he did not constantly bark or act overly aggressive. He was not a dog fighter, just an overall great partner. He was quiet and extremely fast during training sessions and spot on in obedience and in the obstacle course. I have fond memories of working and training him. A great loyal partner and glad I still have this photo of him. 

Edited by Patriot
  • Thanks 1
  • Like 6

IMG_2879.jpeg

• Moderators

Happy Veterans Day to all my fellow veterans!  I have some pictures somewhere, they were all taken before iPhone days so they aren’t digital....

4 hours ago, Patriot said:

The day of this photo I was assigned at Brooks Air Force base in San Antonio as the Supervisor over the base military working dog program. Brooks was a sort of a sleepy small Areospace R&D base. 

Alas, Brooks AFB has transitioned to civilian status.  I worked at Kelly AFB here in San Antonio and it is also gone, with parts incorporated into Lackland AFB and Medina Base.  Randolph AFB is still here as is Fort Sam Houston, Camp Bullis and Camp Stanley.  There’s a reason San Antonio is called Military City USA.  Mike

• Like 2

Texas Hill Country | 2016 Elite II #135 | 2020 Ram 2500 6.7L

ALAZARCACOFLGAIDILKSKYLAMDMSMOMTNENVNMNYNCNDOHOKSCSDTNTXUTVAWVWYsm.jpgALAZARCACOCTDEFLGAIDILINIAKSKYLAMEMDMAMS

• Moderators

The only picture I have from those days was the "official" one that was taken during boot-camp.  Every time I look at that I remember that we had just returned from a five mile run back to the barracks.  While still in our sweaty fatigues they handed us a hat and a dress uniform jacket, shirt and tie.  Put it on, sit down and smile!  YES, SARGENT!

Bill

2023 Ford F150 Lariat 3.5EB FX4 Max Towing, Max Payload, 2016 Oliver Elite II - Hull #117 "Twist"

2 hours ago, Mike and Carol said:

Happy Veterans Day to all my fellow veterans!  I have some pictures somewhere, they were all taken before iPhone days so they aren’t digital....

Alas, Brooks AFB has transitioned to civilian status.  I worked at Kelly AFB here in San Antonio and it is also gone, with parts incorporated into Lackland AFB and Medina Base.  Randolph AFB is still here as is Fort Sam Houston, Camp Bullis and Camp Stanley.  There’s a reason San Antonio is called Military City USA.  Mike

Mike,

I heard Brooks made the transition to civilian status. I deployed to the Gulf War destined for a “classified tent city” in Southwest Asia out of Kelly AFB on a C141 in Oct of 91. Spent a lot of of hot humid training days at old Camp Bullis. I also have a lot of great memories of San Antonio. I really enjoyed my time spent serving. 🇺🇸🇺🇸🇺🇸🇺🇸

IMG_2879.jpeg

Patriot - Thank you for your service.  I, too, have the deepest appreciation for all members of our military.  My Dad is a WW2 veteran.  93 years old and soon to be 94.  He went into the service when he was 17...

• Like 1

ALCTKYMENHNYNCPATNVTVAWVsm.jpg2021 Elite 2 Hull # 832 "Bucket List"

2021 F250 7.3L Gas / 4.30 AR

• Moderators
1 hour ago, Patriot said:

Mike,

I heard Brooks made the transition to civilian status. I deployed to the Gulf War destined for a “classified tent city” in Southwest Asia out of Kelly AFB on a C141 in Oct of 91. Spent a lot of of hot humid training days at old Camp Bullis. I also have a lot of great memories of San Antonio. I really enjoyed my time spent serving. 🇺🇸🇺🇸🇺🇸🇺🇸

David, Brooks AFB is now Brooks City Base, not sure what they do there.  I was working at Kelly (Security Hill) in Oct 91, you should have stopped by!  We could have discussed future Oliver adventures... 🤪🇺🇸🇺🇸  Mike

• Like 2

Texas Hill Country | 2016 Elite II #135 | 2020 Ram 2500 6.7L

ALAZARCACOFLGAIDILKSKYLAMDMSMOMTNENVNMNYNCNDOHOKSCSDTNTXUTVAWVWYsm.jpgALAZARCACOCTDEFLGAIDILINIAKSKYLAMEMDMAMS