Durability of the white countertop.

Stevon

We are trying to make informed decisions on the options on our Oliver. I am concerned that the solid white countertop will show scratches more than the optional multi colored countertops. We use our kitchen a lot. Will anyone with the white countertop please comment on how it is looking after some use. Thank you. 

2021 Oliver Legacy Elite II Hull #845

I'm sure the fibergranite helps mask some of the scuffs and scratches. The nice thing about white is that any boat or fiberglass shop can refinish it to new. There was also an image of someone's countertop that was wrapped in stainless and it looked incredible 😃

Edited by Jairon

2019 Toyota Land Cruiser

2021 Oliver Elite II, Hull #748

• Moderator+

We have had white countertops on both of our Oliver's. Reason being, the fiber granite mold for the countertop had not been made when Hull # 050 was launched and was not even a twinkle in someone's eye when we got Hull # 026. Our other surfaces are fiber granite, however.

To answer your question, the area between the sink and the cooktop is very scratched. But, no more so than the tabletop. Either will show the scratches as a dullness. Wax will not make it shiny again but it does not detract.

We bought these trailers to use and, after 140K miles, they do show signs.

• Like 2

Steve, Tali and our dog Rocky plus our beloved Storm, Maggie, Lucy and Reacher (all waiting at the Rainbow Bridge)

2008 Legacy Elite I - Outlaw Oliver, Hull #026 | 2014 Legacy Elite II - Outlaw Oliver, Hull #050 | 2022 Silverado High Country 3500HD SRW Diesel 4x4 

801469912_StatesVisitedTaliandSteve08-23-2021-I.jpg.26814499292ab76ee55b889b69ad3ef0.jpg1226003278_StatesVisitedTaliandSteve08-23-2021-H.jpg.dc46129cb4967a7fd2531b16699e9e45.jpg

If you get down and look close you can see a few slight scratches on our counter. We have a few bamboo trivets that we place around on the counter, most of the time.  You wash dishes, slide a pot, make coffee, cook bacon, chop veggies, and enjoy life. After four years, to me, it looks great. Shiny, wipes easy and clean. And you really have to get down close to see any scratches. 

To us the Fiber Granite was just an extra layer, same material, more maintaince, different color, and cost more. Could not see a benefit to us. After four years and it still appear s to be holding true, at least for us...

• Like 1

• Moderators

Correct me if I'm wrong, but tbe fibergranite is another layer, that can be added later?

2008 Ram 1500 4 × 4

2008 Oliver Elite, Hull #12

Florida and Western North Carolina, or wherever the truck goes....

400 watts solar. DC compressor fridge. No inverter. 2 x 105 ah agm batteries .  Life is good.

7 minutes ago, SeaDawg said:

Correct me if I'm wrong, but tbe fibergranite is another layer, that can be added later?

Not sure about adding later, but would think so. Just not sure how sink cut outs were/are handled. Also not sure how factory attaches? Screws? Adhesive? Above based on looking at bathroom counter. With the moulded white there is a built in white sink. The fiber top has a SS sink. The way most SS sinks are attached is with fittings that attach underneath and draw the sink down. To do that I would think the moulded counter with the sink would have to be cut out. That would mean the fiber granite removal would be a major task to return to white, if one her wanted...

• Moderators

We have fiberglass sinks, kitchen and bath, in our 2008. 

We don't have a lot of counterspace.  I use a dishpan.  So far, so good. Only 13 years in 

Edited by SeaDawg

2008 Ram 1500 4 × 4

2008 Oliver Elite, Hull #12

Florida and Western North Carolina, or wherever the truck goes....

400 watts solar. DC compressor fridge. No inverter. 2 x 105 ah agm batteries .  Life is good.

• 2 weeks later...

We have the white counter tops and they are not scratched after one year of use. We do put down a pad next to the sink and stove as well as other places in the trailer just because we like protection of the counter top, but we would do it regardless of what tops we had. If we had to do it over again we would order the standard white tips, they are classy looking and we get comments on them all the time. I feel for $1800 more its not worth the expense and like I said, they are classy looking. I think you will find that all the tops are pretty much made of the same materials, but the custom tops are made up of different layers, that's where your $1800 goes.

trainman

• Like 1

2019 RAM 1500, 5.7 Hemi, 4X4, Crew Cab, 5'7" bed, Towing Package, 3.92 Gears.