Summer Heat and Cooling ability

Bikerabbi

I haven't yet read through all the topics, so could anyone answer this question for me:  With the batteries and generator going, would the Ollie stay cool sitting in the 120° desert summer sun, sunrise to sunset? 1/2 the day?  1/4 of the day?

Sorry if this has already been covered.

Thanks, 

Gabriel

Though I’ve not camped in 120 degree heat, i have in 90+ degree Alabama humidity...not pleasant w/o A/C.   If you have a generator to power your A/C, and enough fuel handy to keep it (them) going, i’m guessing you should have no problem keeping your Oliver comfortable for as long as you wish. To my experience, drier air feels cooler, especially when being moved in a small space with the A/C fan. 

• Thanks 1

My actual experience - with shore power or generator - the AC cools Ollie in 100 degree, high humidity, conditions. But I do not like camping in such situations, thus we head to elevation, or cooler tamps if possible. I would think 120 is ok also, but why??????  Just kidding . Shade from the sun - awnings help in my experience. Afternoon western rays really heat the unit up - once Ollie is cooled down, the AC doesn't work that  hard to keep a temp.  

However - the AC is LOUD. Once you get past this, its fine..... 

RB

• Thanks 1

Cindy,  Russell and  "Harley dog" . Home is our little farm near Winchester TN

2018 Oliver Legacy Elite II - 2018 GMC 2500 Duramax 

"Die young - As late as possible"
ALAZARCACOFLIDMTNVNMOKORTNTXUTWAWYd56201

I want to walk back my earlier statement regarding camping in 120 degree heat, especially since i’ve never done it.   What i’ve always read  about what to expect from a/c performance is that they cool 20 degrees on average. That gets us “down to 100!”   Perhaps parking under or next to a large shade producing object would help.  

• Thanks 1
  • Like 1

• Moderators
47 minutes ago, BackofBeyond said:

My actual experience - with shore power or generator - the AC cools Ollie in 100 degree, high humidity, conditions. But I do not like camping in such situations, thus we head to elevation, or cooler tamps if possible. I would think 120 is ok also, but why??????  Just kidding . Shade from the sun - awnings help in my experience. Afternoon western rays really heat the unit up - once Ollie is cooled down, the AC doesn't work that  hard to keep a temp.  

However - the AC is LOUD. Once you get past this, its fine..... 

We were camped at Palo Duro Canyon State Park for a week a few years ago.  The temps were low 90s during the day for the first few days.  Then, WHAM, we had 106 degrees and no breeze.  We stayed inside with the AC on (fan on low) and we were quite comfortable, temperature-wise.  Being cooped up with the loud AC was not fun, so we cut our time at Palo Duro and headed for cooler weather.  We use the AC when needed but avoid it when possible.  Mike

• Thanks 1
  • Like 2

Texas Hill Country | 2016 Elite II #135 | 2020 Ram 2500 6.7L

ALAZARCACOFLGAIDILKSKYLAMDMSMOMTNENVNMNYNCNDOHOKSCSDTNTXUTVAWVWYsm.jpgALAZARCACOCTDEFLGAIDILINIAKSKYLAMEMDMAMS