Big Desktop Monitor in Elite 1

Moonlight Mile

23 hours ago, topgun2 said:

With regards to delivery day - Jason Essary (Service Manager) is a good person to know.  If you give him and his staff enough warning and enough details as to what you want, I'm sure that he will do everything in his power to make it happen for you.  

Bill

Wow! Thanks Bill! I will try to contact Jason tomorrow - and my sales rep who is SO nice and busy busy busy so I hate to bother him but I will start with him and see if he can hook me up with Jason as you said! I can easily send them a PDF with the specs for the big curved monitor. That would be SO cool to have that mounted where the TV is and have it all “work.” I’m not super savvy re: TV/audio coax and all that. More a general web dev dork. I don’t see any pre-existing “mounting spot” on the back of Big Curved Monitor. It sits on a height-adjustable stand on my big desk. Which obviously I won’t have anymore. But if they can figure a way to get the monitor on an arm somewhere, even leaving the default TV in place, I’d be thrilled. It’s so hard to even think about just looking at thr MacBook Pro screen again after all this time.

Really I need to find time to read all the threads here on internet (wifi fast as I can get it in the Ollie whether at a campground or not). I have a Firestick (Amazon Prime), and sometimes do NetFlix or Hulu (pause the subscriptions at times), and that big curved monitor is how  I “watch” and listen to (Spotify) anything. I don’t have or use DVDs, Blurays.

Here at soon-to-not-be-home-anymore,  I have Gigablast (Cox, best we have available here). Which I imagine is a “fantasy” speed — mbps up and down in an RV? But, I am getting the “Package” for Wifi Boosting and all that with this Ollie, and I have a Verizon Bus Cell unlimited data cell plan (hot spot right?) and always use a VPN, so I hope to figure it all out. Not really my area of expertise, this “streaming and internet in an RV” thing.

PS. Sorry to morph this topic into wifi-internet stuff, but it seems like I should as it explains how I use what I use and what I “need” to have if possible in the Ollie. Oh. And I have THREE NetGear modem-routers. Gah. Only using one of course. Two in boxes from when I upgraded and I just buy not rent from Cox

Edited by SherMica

2021 Elite 1 -- Hull #731

Ram 1500 Rebel 4x4

Now Sold

states.png

• Moderators

Most tvs and monitors use the standard Vesa mount, multiplrs of 100 x 100 mm.

You may need to order an articulating mount ahead if time. I don't know what the selection will be like in Hohenwald . Walmart is about it for shopping in town. 

Something like this, maybe?

https://www.amazon.com/AmazonBasics-Premium-Mount-Monitor-Stand/dp/B010QZCT5W

Make sure you can return anything you order,  as you're unsure of what will work til you get there.

Edited by SeaDawg
  • Thanks 1
  • Like 1

2008 Ram 1500 4 × 4

2008 Oliver Elite, Hull #12

Florida and Western North Carolina, or wherever the truck goes....

400 watts solar. DC compressor fridge. No inverter. 2 x 105 ah agm batteries .  Life is good.

On 11/14/2020 at 8:00 PM, SeaDawg said:

Technomadia's 2008 monitor and articulating mount.

20201114_200139.jpg

Whoa, now we're cooking with fire! That's the kinda thing I need for this, OR try to cram the danged thing onto the side dinette somehow. I don't plan of having lavish parties in an Elite 1 and being concerned with where all the "guests" will sit, HAHAHA. I mean, Long as it doesn't stick way out into the center aisle. But I think it would not work on the 24" dinette, so it would have to be mounted as shown in these super helpful pics. Thank you!

Ram 1500 Rebel 4x4

Now Sold

states.png

17 hours ago, SeaDawg said:

Most tvs and monitors use the standard Vesa mount, multiplrs of 100 x 100 mm.

You may need to order an articulating mount ahead if time. I don't know what the selection will be like in Hohenwald . Walmart is about it for shopping in town. 

Something like this, maybe?

https://www.amazon.com/AmazonBasics-Premium-Mount-Monitor-Stand/dp/B010QZCT5W

Make sure you can return anything you order,  as you're unsure of what will work til you get there.

Thank you SO much!

Ram 1500 Rebel 4x4

Now Sold

states.png

• Moderators

Look at the back of your monitor. You should see four holes, in a rectangular or square pattern. Measure the vertical and horizontal distance between two holes, in mm, and you'll see the size vesa mount you need. Most mounts have multiple sets of holes for fastening to the screen or monitor, so probably not a big issue.

It's entirely possible that the mount for the Oliver TV would hold your monitor. But I  doubt if it will articulate the way you'd probably want it to, to use your monitor from a seated position at the small dinette.

That's something you'll want to talk to Jason about. And, a way to lock it into place during travel. 

Edited by SeaDawg

2008 Ram 1500 4 × 4

400 watts solar. DC compressor fridge. No inverter. 2 x 105 ah agm batteries .  Life is good.

• Moderators

Btw, I looked back at old info. The monitor in the techomadia photo 24", big in 2008. So, yours will be maybe 14 inches wider, and a bit longer. Lcd/led monitors are measured on the diagonal, like tvs. 

My only concern about that location is if the dog sleeps on the bed during the day, as mine does.

2008 Ram 1500 4 × 4

On 11/14/2020 at 9:14 PM, Hokieman said:

SherMica.....I sold my 2019 LE1 a few months ago (loved it, LE2 on order).   As far as I know,  nothing has changed with the layout except some installed component brands such as the awning,TV, cell booster, wheel style,  etc.   Your Sales rep can confirm.   See the following link for pics of my 2019 LE1:  https://www.icloud.com/sharedalbum/#B0K5oqs3qGxxgV5

Thank you SOOO much! Beautiful photos, trailer, decor, and NOW I can really see stuff "in use" and imagine much better how it will actually be for MY particular set of needs. Cannot thank you enough for this! Have not called rep or svc mgr yet, trying to get a list of questions and be organized about it. But I think I better get on it soon if I want help from OTT in "customizing" (read: installing my ultrawide curved monitor up in the corner INSTEAD of the TV that comes with the 2020 Elite 1), as I don't want to wait 'til they already have my particular Ollie done and then have to try to accommodate my request. Thank you again! REALLY helpful.

I can add, too, that I doubt I will ever actually un-bed the bed part. I mean, I don't plan on holding parties and I don't cook much, AND -- this is is critically "important" -- the DOG "requires" a large bed most of the day. HAHAH. Seriously, I doubt I will ever reassemble the "main" table, but instead will keep the bed made with throw pillows, etc. except when actually sleeping in it myself. Dog has to have his way.

That said, if I get help from OTT re corner-mounting the curved 38" monitor where the default TV usually goes (wonder if I get to delete the cost of the default TV, just a thought, though the change order, so to speak, of adding my curved monitor will likely negate that or even add to my cost, far as custom installation, which is fine) . . .  I hope I can SEE the stuff on the monitor (icons, e.g.) ok if I sit on the bed (maybe with one of those back pillow rest things against a wall) and have my keyboard on one of those "across your lap" sort of "breakfast trays." I keep the MacBook Pro itself shut and off to the side in my home desktop "setup." Almost like the MacBook Pro doesn't even exist.

I dunno, I'll figure it out. BTW, I use and love this wireless retro keyboard. I'm a geek but I also like weird retro stuff and I love the clack-clack feel of the keys on this thing!

Edited by SherMica

Ram 1500 Rebel 4x4

Now Sold

states.png

On 11/16/2020 at 2:32 PM, SeaDawg said:

Look at the back of your monitor. You should see four holes, in a rectangular or square pattern. Measure the vertical and horizontal distance between two holes, in mm, and you'll see the size vesa mount you need. Most mounts have multiple sets of holes for fastening to the screen or monitor, so probably not a big issue.

It's entirely possible that the mount for the Oliver TV would hold your monitor. But I  doubt if it will articulate the way you'd probably want it to, to use your monitor from a seated position at the small dinette.

That's something you'll want to talk to Jason about. And, a way to lock it into place during travel. 

Yep def have the 4 holes, 100 mm per specs attached. I will share the specs etc and my way of "preferred" usage etc. with Jason. I've been looking at articulating wall mounts on Amazon, but in the finer print it will usually say something like "fits up to "25" "TVs/monitors." This is, of course a 38" and curved. Still hunting around on this. Thank you again!

817172088_CurvedMonitorManualOfficial.pdf

My curved monitor spec sheet from mftr.pdf

Edited by SherMica

Ram 1500 Rebel 4x4

Now Sold

states.png

• Moderators

Or, this one, more adjustable.  

Don't know if it will fit 🤔.  If interested,  I'd send the diagrams to Jason, first. Along with monitor specs and drawings.

https://www.rvupgradestore.com/Vertical-T-V-Swivel-Mount-p/24-0144.htm

If you order through Walmart, it's free shipping and can be returned to the store

Screenshot_20201119-110445_Chrome.jpg

2008 Ram 1500 4 × 4