Slick new bike rack from Curt

Jairon

55 minutes ago, Jairon said:

Another 2 incher... 😂

Neat rack, thanks for posting, Curt is in the mix for cycle racks. Now I know Jairon you are still on the hunt for that ultimate Ollie rack. đŸ‘đŸ»đŸ‘đŸ»

Edited by Patriot
  • Like 1

2020 OLEII - Hull #634 aka-  “XPLOR” 

2021 F350 6.7 liter Diesel Lariat Ultimate Tremor aka- Beast

IMG_2879.jpeg

Similar to the 1up  . . .  however, does it tilt down, while loaded, to access cargo area?  I like the way the rack locks to the receiver.  I would not rely on the built-in cable locks, though.  Would still use Kryptonite (or such) U-lock and cable - still not theft proof, but a more substantial deterrents. 

Is the Curt rack approved for use on the back of an RV?

We are hoping to use our 1up rack with this dual hitch.  Waiting to get our Oliver so we can determine if there is clearance enough for the rack between the pickup and the Oliver tongue jack.  Darn, it's on sale now, 1/2 price.  Tempted to get it now and return if it doesn't work out. 

Edit:  I am ordering now.  They have a 60 day, no questions asked, return policy for unused items.  However, shipping cost may cancel out refund; might come in handy for other applications.

December 19: Have our Oliver home now and tried the dual hitch with our 1up rack.  Perfect fit; we can even open the pickup tail gate with the rack in the loaded position.

1UP bike rack.jpg

Edited by Ray and Susan Huff
Additional info
  • Like 1

Ray and Susan Huff

Elite II Twin "Pearl" - Hull#699; delivered December 7, 2020

2013 F350 6.7l diesel Super Duty 4x4 long bed crew cab

1UP-USA Heavy-duty bike rack

2017 Leisure Travel Van Unity Twin Bed (sold)

AZARCAIDNVNMOKORTNTXUTWAsm.jpg

1 hour ago, Susan Huff said:

Is the Curt rack approved for use on the back of an RV?

I didn't see any RV specific info in the small promo. Perhaps once the product releases we'll know more. It looks like a solid rack if someone wanted to avoid 1UP prices though.

Someone on the forums had a picture of their dual hitch setup. There was talk about clipping the bikes with tight turns but I don't know if the owner ever confirmed it. It seems like the perfect option if you're TV can handle the tongue weight. Let us know how it goes!

Edited by Jairon

2019 Toyota Land Cruiser

2021 Oliver Elite II, Hull #748

The video said a max weight capacity of 260 pounds, can that possibly be right? That is simply enormous.... I was expecting 80 per bike on two trays.

I am not in the immediate market for one, but a local bicycle dealer just announced they are now stocking Yamaha eBikes, so who knows what Christmas might bring...? Those are around 50+ pounds.....  A high rack load limit would be good, for reserve capacity plus general strength and sturdiness. Yummy .... :

CA92A716-A078-45C8-9B90-30CAB5C187F1.thumb.jpeg.98599d3b6c907f97f579e84ef15bcdcc.jpeg

John Davies

Spokane WA

• Like 2

SOLD 07/23 "Mouse":  2017 Legacy Elite II Two Beds, Hull Number 218, See my HOW TO threads: https://olivertraveltrailers.com/topic/john-e-davies-how-to-threads-and-tech-articles-links/

Tow Vehicle: 2013 Land Cruiser 200, 32” LT tires, airbags, Safari snorkel, Maggiolina Grand Tour 360 Carbon RTT.

1 hour ago, Jairon said:

I didn't see any RV specific info in the small promo. Perhaps once the product releases we'll know more. It looks like a solid rack if someone wanted to avoid 1UP prices though.

Someone on the forums had a picture of their dual hitch setup. There was talk about clipping the bikes with tight turns but I don't know if the owner ever confirmed it. It seems like the perfect option if you're TV can handle the tongue weight. Let us know how it goes!

Tow capacity of our F350 SD long bed is 14,000# and tongue capacity 1,400#  1 up rack and bikes weigh 110-125#

I don't understand why but ETrailer states: 

• When mounting an accessory in this receiver, your hitch's tongue weight capacity will be reduced by 50 percent.
  • When using both the ball mount and the receiver the tongue weight capacity is not affected.

I don't understand why the reduction in tongue capacity with an accessory, but not when using both the ball mount and the receiver, unless they are referring to the pickup hitch receiver.  Either way it is within the limits.

If anyone knows where to find the picture of the dual hitch setup, please share.

Ray and Susan Huff

1 hour ago, John E Davies said:

The video said a max weight capacity of 260 pounds, can that possibly be right? That is simply enormous.... I was expecting 80 per bike on two trays.

I am not in the immediate market for one, but a local bicycle dealer just announced they are now stocking Yamaha eBikes, so who knows what Christmas might bring...? Those are around 50+ pounds.....  A high rack load limit would be good, for reserve capacity plus general strength and sturdiness. Yummy .... :

CA92A716-A078-45C8-9B90-30CAB5C187F1.thumb.jpeg.98599d3b6c907f97f579e84ef15bcdcc.jpeg

John Davies

Spokane WA

Yamaha needs to quit making Ebikes and make more 2200i generators 😀

Nice looking bike, though; classy looking.  I wonder if it can handle off-pavement?  

Price?

Capacity of our 1up Super Duty rack is 225#

Edited by Susan Huff

Ray and Susan Huff

3 hours ago, Susan Huff said:

Yamaha needs to quit making Ebikes and make more 2200i generators 😀

Nice looking bike, though; classy looking.  I wonder if it can handle off-pavement?  

Price?

Capacity of our 1up Super Duty rack is 225#

That is a CrossConnect commuter, it is OK for gravel but nothing more strenuous, it is MSRP $3000, discounted maybe 20% sometimes. Their hard-tail and full suspension mountain bikes start at $3500 and $4500 respectively, very nice but too aggressive for my “older guy” style of riding. I would add a suspension seat post and possibly larger diameter tires to the CrossConnect and call it good. And take the dorky looking fenders off. Those are for folks who live where it rains. 😀 Yamaha has been making ebikes and their power plants from Day 1 (1993 !!!) but they just got into making complete bikes (for here) about a year ago. They have that great Yamaha build quality (like their motorcycles, boats, musical instruments, and generators) and a stellar 3 year “bumper to bumper” warranty. None better in the industry that I am aware of.... I personally think they all look very nice.

https://www.yamahabicycles.com/

Sorry for the thread hijack.

John Davies

Spokane WA

Edited by John E Davies

SOLD 07/23 "Mouse":  2017 Legacy Elite II Two Beds, Hull Number 218, See my HOW TO threads: https://olivertraveltrailers.com/topic/john-e-davies-how-to-threads-and-tech-articles-links/

Tow Vehicle: 2013 Land Cruiser 200, 32” LT tires, airbags, Safari snorkel, Maggiolina Grand Tour 360 Carbon RTT.

3 hours ago, John E Davies said:

That is a CrossConnect commuter, it is OK for gravel but nothing more strenuous, it is MSRP $3000, discounted maybe 20% sometimes. Their hard-tail and full suspension mountain bikes start at $3500 and $4500 respectively, very nice but too aggressive for my “older guy” style of riding. I would add a suspension seat post and possibly larger diameter tires to the CrossConnect and call it good. And take the dorky looking fenders off. Those are for folks who live where it rains. 😀 Yamaha has been making ebikes and their power plants from Day 1 (1993 !!!) but they just got into making complete bikes (for here) about a year ago. They have that great Yamaha build quality (like their motorcycles, boats, musical instruments, and generators) and a stellar 3 year “bumper to bumper” warranty. None better in the industry that I am aware of.... I personally think they all look very nice.

https://www.yamahabicycles.com/

Sorry for the thread hijack.

John Davies

Spokane WA

Thanks for the info. . . . . rain??? . . . . . what's that?

• Thanks 1

Ray and Susan Huff