Intech terra oasis...take a look

mtkadan

Here you go..... https://www.intechrv.com/models/terra/oasis/

The aluminum cabin frame looks really fragile to me with all those huge window openings and no diagonal bracing, anywhere.

129E1033-79FA-47DE-A38C-C48BE79E7060.png.b3a6cc37810bad8d9fc27dcab2ac332a.png
Any idea on what the cabinets and inside walls are made of, and how they are attached?

John Davies

Spokane WA

• Like 1

SOLD 07/23 "Mouse":  2017 Legacy Elite II Two Beds, Hull Number 218, See my HOW TO threads: https://olivertraveltrailers.com/topic/john-e-davies-how-to-threads-and-tech-articles-links/

Tow Vehicle: 2013 Land Cruiser 200, 32” LT tires, airbags, Safari snorkel, Maggiolina Grand Tour 360 Carbon RTT.

JD, I saw this yesterday - somewhere on the  net - I  spent time trying to ascertain the construction methods - the companies web site is not real informative. Didn't have any solar options, well really any options I could see.

I would guess the exterior and interior skins provide the shear strength fore/aft, and such. Must be using  glue/adhesive to attach the panels. I would also guess the interior parts are secured into the aluminum frame.

It is an visually appealing thing.  

Cindy,  Russell and  "Harley dog" . Home is our little farm near Winchester TN

2018 Oliver Legacy Elite II - 2018 GMC 2500 Duramax 

"Die young - As late as possible"
ALAZARCACOFLIDMTNVNMOKORTNTXUTWAWYd56201

It is prewired for solar. I would like to crawl around under one for a while, the main frame looks slapped together and less “finished”, not sweetly engineered like an Ollie. Lots of open tubes for dirt and moisture to collect.

John Davies

Spokane WA 

SOLD 07/23 "Mouse":  2017 Legacy Elite II Two Beds, Hull Number 218, See my HOW TO threads: https://olivertraveltrailers.com/topic/john-e-davies-how-to-threads-and-tech-articles-links/

Tow Vehicle: 2013 Land Cruiser 200, 32” LT tires, airbags, Safari snorkel, Maggiolina Grand Tour 360 Carbon RTT.

• 2 years later...

I know this is an old thread but found this interesting insight on their build quality. That fact the trailer held together so well says a lot. That fact it was caused by sway is interesting given I have never heard an Oliver owner say they have ever had a sway issue (but who know how they were loaded out and it was a smaller 1/2 ton truck). 

Everyone was ok after this which is great. They did have a WDH and engaged their brake controller. Just wanted to share to show the build quality of how it held together. Since it was quationed how stable the frame would really be.

231FB2C5-09F3-40CD-A86F-672B0A3CD3A3.jpeg

C824F4FD-561E-435C-945B-A8CF100713FE.jpeg

• Thanks 1
  • Like 1
  • Wow 3

• Moderators

It does look like the trailer held together well.  The welded aluminum frame helps, I’m sure.  They must attach the exterior and interior fairly securely.  Was there any information about what caused the roll over besides sway?  Mike

• Like 1

Texas Hill Country | 2016 Elite II #135 | 2020 Ram 2500 6.7L

ALAZARCACOFLGAIDILKSKYLAMDMSMOMTNENVNMNYNCNDOHOKSCSDTNTXUTVAWVWYsm.jpgALAZARCACOCTDEFLGAIDILINIAKSKYLAMEMDMAMS

Yes. I chatted with her for a little bit. They were headed down a hill in CO going about 55 and they were passed ( in same direction) by a semi and that triggered the sway. I was surprised the brake controller did not correct it. Not sure what the gain was set at or last time it was checked.

• Like 1

Yikes! That would definitely ruin your day... I wonder if there's any way to analyze that action in a simulator, and/or practice how to correct for the effects of this scenario?

Tom & Holly

2018 Oliver Legacy Elite I #409 - 2017 Silverado 1500, 5.3L Gas, 4x4 Z71, Dbl Cab, Std Bed

2023-10-16OliverCampedStates(medium).jpg.8e9964c26c7927a0077806565b9dcfc2.jpg

18 minutes ago, ADKCamper said:

Yikes! That would definitely ruin your day... I wonder if there's any way to analyze that action in a simulator, and/or practice how to correct for the effects of this scenario?

Fast reflexes and manual trailer brake control would be your only chance for mitigation. This sure makes a good case for the expense of a Hensley / ProPride hitch.

I had a similar experience involving a passing tour bus doing probably 85-90 down a hill near Park City UT.  It was only a twinge of sway for the LEII but enough to get my attention.

• Like 2

• Moderators

I'm really glad everyone was ok.

Pretty surprising that both trailer and TV flipped, going only 55 mph.

• Like 1

2008 Ram 1500 4 × 4

2008 Oliver Elite, Hull #12

Florida and Western North Carolina, or wherever the truck goes....

400 watts solar. DC compressor fridge. No inverter. 2 x 105 ah agm batteries .  Life is good.

47 minutes ago, SeaDawg said:

I'm really glad everyone was ok.

Pretty surprising that both trailer and TV flipped, going only 55 mph.

💯 Agree, something was definitely not right with this rig in this accident. 

• Like 1

2020 OLEII - Hull #634 aka-  “XPLOR” 

2021 F350 6.7 liter Diesel Lariat Ultimate Tremor aka- Beast

IMG_2879.jpeg

It’s interesting to compare the frame and plumbing to an Ollie, no steel subframe, for example, and a lot less aluminum.

0542587A-9CB0-4702-9883-37664E1B981A.jpeg.9683fe6995b68be3dad0da514e7822f8.jpeg

Zodd, are those your pictures? What camera? They are very nice and very hi res.

John Davies

Spokane WA

• Like 2