Viking Propane Cylinders and the Max Height of the Storage Container

Jairon

The Oliver measurements documentation states that the height of the propane container is 31 inches, does anyone know if these fit?

https://www.vikingcylinders.com/shop/lifestyle/31-lb-vapor/

The height is 28.3 inches and an inch or so would be needed for the mount. I found a re-certification shop near me so they are kind of tempting...

If not, is anyone running 30lbs aluminum tanks?

2019 Toyota Land Cruiser

2021 Oliver Elite II, Hull #748

• Moderators

We have fiberglass lp tanks on the boat. Bought them for dual use in the trailer,  but we found it can be hard to get fiberglass tanks refilled. Erring on the side of caution, refillers have refused us in several places outside of marine areas.

We use 20 lb standard steel  tanks in the trailer. They're easier to lift in and out. You can always carry a third, in a crate to keep it upright, in the truck bed if you think you'll need it. They're easy to get refilled, or swap out if necessary.

I do know that a number of people carry 30 lb tanks. Hopefully,  they'll see your post.

2008 Ram 1500 4 × 4

2008 Oliver Elite, Hull #12

Florida and Western North Carolina, or wherever the truck goes....

400 watts solar. DC compressor fridge. No inverter. 2 x 105 ah agm batteries .  Life is good.

1 hour ago, SeaDawg said:

but we found it can be hard to get fiberglass tanks refilled.

Thanks for the info. The Lite Cylinder Co. recall was over 7 years ago so I was hopeful the general consensus had changed. I'll probably still give them a try in 22 or 31 lbs size depending on the fit. If nobody has attempted the 31 lbs tank or done the measurement, I'll update the thread with what I find out post delivery date.

Edited by Jairon

2019 Toyota Land Cruiser

• Moderators
9 hours ago, Jairon said:

Thanks for the info. The Lite Cylinder Co. recall was over 7 years ago so I was hopeful the general consensus had changed. I'll probably still give them a try in 22 or 31 lbs size depending on the fit. If nobody has attempted the 31 lbs tank or done the measurement, I'll update the thread with what I find out post delivery date.

And, it may have changed. We haven't taken ours on the road in a number if years.

2008 Ram 1500 4 × 4

2008 Oliver Elite, Hull #12

Florida and Western North Carolina, or wherever the truck goes....

400 watts solar. DC compressor fridge. No inverter. 2 x 105 ah agm batteries .  Life is good.

Thanks, David. Cobra's post introduced me to composite tanks. I didn't know they were a thing before he took pictures of his setup. I was hopeful someone was brave enough to try the 31 lbs tanks but it looks like I'll need to do the measurements myself.

2019 Toyota Land Cruiser