Happy Thanksgiving!

Mike and Carol

• Moderators

Happy Thanksgiving !

It has indeed been a year for the books. We still have many reasons to be thankful, though.

This year's dinner is much smaller, just immediate family, and we'll be eating outdoors. Thankful for a beautiful Florida day that makes this possible. 

• Thanks 1
  • Like 1

2008 Ram 1500 4 × 4

2008 Oliver Elite, Hull #12

Florida and Western North Carolina, or wherever the truck goes....

400 watts solar. DC compressor fridge. No inverter. 2 x 105 ah agm batteries .  Life is good.

From a gorgeous sunny Western Carolina morning - Happy Thanksgiving to everyone! 
Despite the challenges of this past year and likely many more in the future we feel blessed with great health, happiness and freedom.

The bird is in and rolling in hickory smoke for several hours and we won’t open the smoker door until our igrill mini meat probe reports on my iPhone that its done!  😊

A toast to a safe, healthy year ahead for all. 

Happy Camping!

8A739BA3-3302-4985-BE5A-8756CA9DBC87.jpeg

FFA7A7AD-264E-4711-82F6-E576911E29F5.jpeg

A7E324C1-005A-4C55-9E60-0BE1F35C4EB0.jpeg

Edited by Patriot
  • Thanks 1
  • Like 2

2020 OLEII - Hull #634 aka-  “XPLOR” 

2021 F350 6.7 liter Diesel Lariat Ultimate Tremor aka- Beast

IMG_2879.jpeg

• Moderators
20 minutes ago, Patriot said:

The bird is in and rolling in hickory smoke for several hours and we won’t open the smoker door until our igrill mini meat probe reports on my iPhone that its done!  😊

I put my turkey on the smoker at 5:45 this morning, it was still dark.  We’re eating early so had to get an early start.  I always do a small turkey on the Primo and Carol does a big turkey in the oven.  House if full of kids and grandkids....

• Like 3

Texas Hill Country | 2016 Elite II #135 | 2020 Ram 2500 6.7L

ALAZARCACOFLGAIDILKSKYLAMDMSMOMTNENVNMNYNCNDOHOKSCSDTNTXUTVAWVWYsm.jpgALAZARCACOCTDEFLGAIDILINIAKSKYLAMEMDMAMS

We’re taking it easy this year, and ordered a smoked Turkey from our favorite bbq shop. We figured they could use the business, plus it smells fantastic - may become a new Turkey day tradition. 

We also brought home some Pie Town pies from our recent trip.  Gave a few to family and friends that we won’t be seeing, but saved the New Mexico Apple for ourselves. 🌶🍏🌶

Edited by Overland
  • Like 3

• Moderators
4 hours ago, Overland said:

We also brought home some Pie Town pies from our recent trip.  Gave a few to family and friends that we won’t be seeing, but saved the New Mexico Apple for ourselves. 🌶🍏🌶

Apples and hatch chiles? I'd be tempted to skip the turkey and head straight for the pie. 

2008 Ram 1500 4 × 4

2008 Oliver Elite, Hull #12

Florida and Western North Carolina, or wherever the truck goes....

400 watts solar. DC compressor fridge. No inverter. 2 x 105 ah agm batteries .  Life is good.

• Moderators
21 minutes ago, SNYSDUP said:

whilst it is snowing outside

Ouch!  🐧

Here in western North Carolina we didn't quite reach a record high today but we ere close with 72 degrees and sunny skies.  Basically there is something wrong about sitting out on the deck enjoying a glass of wine before sitting down to a fine dinner with the windows wide open on Thanksgiving. 🌴

2023 Ford F150 Lariat 3.5EB FX4 Max Towing, Max Payload, 2016 Oliver Elite II - Hull #117 "Twist"

TOPGUN2 ,

Then why are you not out camping??? 

We are at 26F and were thinking of going to the Quonset and sleeping in SNYSDUP, just to deal with Camping Withdraw....

After the meal of course.

Maggie & Bryan | Arnegard, ND | 2020 LE II "Twins" Hull #665 | 2021 RAM 2500  6.4L HEMI Gasser  4dr  6.5' bed

ABBCMBNBNTNSONPEQCSKYTALARCTDEFLGAILINIAKSKYLAMEMDMAMIMNMSMONENHNJNYNCNDOHOKPARISCSDTNTXVTVAWVWIxlg.jpg.d41b39fcf844ad1935d35acdc8a6c203.jpg

• Moderators

SNYSDUP - 

Unfortunately, the forecast for this coming Tuesday morning is not good with the daytime highs not getting out of the 30's!

However, just this morning I started the real planning process for my two month fishing trip to Wyoming starting in July, 2021.😄

Bill

Edited by topgun2
spelling
  • Like 2

2023 Ford F150 Lariat 3.5EB FX4 Max Towing, Max Payload, 2016 Oliver Elite II - Hull #117 "Twist"