Hi from Wisconsin

bsullivan

• Moderators
1 minute ago, bsullivan said:

I've got one of the 600,000 refundable preorders in for the cyber truck.  I'll wait for the final version of the truck before I decide to buy it.  If I do buy it, it would be for my daily driver because I don't think it would make a good long haul tow vehicle especially to remote areas.  It will take Tesla a couple years to fill all the preorders so I could always sell it if I don't like it.  I drive a model 3 now which I love.

I'm about number 250,000. Might get a bump as Tesla owners. We'll see.

I'm waiting to see the final size. Make sure it fits in the garage. It will be much bigger than my 2005 Silverado, I'm sure. 

2008 Ram 1500 4 × 4

2008 Oliver Elite, Hull #12

Florida and Western North Carolina, or wherever the truck goes....

400 watts solar. DC compressor fridge. No inverter. 2 x 105 ah agm batteries .  Life is good.

We are picking up our new Oliver II on April 1.  In advance, I am planning on picking up the same 2021 F150 truck with the 3.5 as I don't think my '13 Toyota Tacoma 4x4 is quite up to the job in the long haul.

I don't see where you gain much, if any mileage with the hybrid and among the downsides is the cost (2K prox), added weight and complexity of the electric motor and battery pack and the loss of 5-6 gallons of tankage (36 gallon max tow package tank drops down closer to 30 gallon with the hybrid.  Added power would be nice on occasion and the hybrid is said to smooth out the power curve at highway speeds.  By itself though, the 3.5 Powerboost is not lacking in power.

The built in generator could be nice occasionally but I just don't see much overall value in the 2021 system as currently detailed ... maybe when it grows up in a few years?

10 hours ago, Neuman's said:

We are picking up our new Oliver II on April 1.  In advance, I am planning on picking up the same 2021 F150 truck with the 3.5 as I don't think my '13 Toyota Tacoma 4x4 is quite up to the job in the long haul.

I don't see where you gain much, if any mileage with the hybrid and among the downsides is the cost (2K prox), added weight and complexity of the electric motor and battery pack and the loss of 5-6 gallons of tankage (36 gallon max tow package tank drops down closer to 30 gallon with the hybrid.  Added power would be nice on occasion and the hybrid is said to smooth out the power curve at highway speeds.  By itself though, the 3.5 Powerboost is not lacking in power.

The built in generator could be nice occasionally but I just don't see much overall value in the 2021 system as currently detailed ... maybe when it grows up in a few years?

Good points.  The weight is about 500 lbs more and I didn't catch that the fuel tank is smaller.