Battle Born Black Friday Sales Today (11/27/2020)

RnA

• Moderators

I ordered 1 - 100 Ah 2 weeks ago at $924.00 from an online solar company, my bad.  I did receive 2 by mistake on Tuesday.  I am now waiting for their response to the over shipment.  Maybe they will offer me a special deal.

This looks like a great deal and I can envision lots of Ollie's with new batteries for Christmas.

Mossey

• Like 1

Mike and Krunch   Lutz, FL  
2017 LEII #193 “the dog house”

I am looking for Victron deals. Northern AZ Sun and Solar has them for 10% off through DECEMBER 6, does anyone know of a better one?

https://www.solar-electric.com/victron-energy-lifepo4-battery-12-8v-100ah.html

488E5775-72D8-4F4C-878A-CD646F082077.thumb.png.c9384050400f9bb74db3a3ad4c7e1f48.png

Thanks, 

John Davies

Spokane WA

Edited by John E Davies
  • Thanks 1

SOLD 07/23 "Mouse":  2017 Legacy Elite II Two Beds, Hull Number 218, See my HOW TO threads: https://olivertraveltrailers.com/topic/john-e-davies-how-to-threads-and-tech-articles-links/

Tow Vehicle: 2013 Land Cruiser 200, 32” LT tires, airbags, Safari snorkel, Maggiolina Grand Tour 360 Carbon RTT.

• Moderators

Poking around, I  ran across this deal on amazon, on the Renogy 100ah lfp smart battery. It's about 100 dollars less than the black Friday price on the renogy site. 

Can't say that I'd recommend,  because I  have no experience with renogy, and amazon reviews are mixed. Will prowse did a tear down awhile back.

Renogy uses pouch cells, but very securely cased, and a ul listing. Us based company. At 6.29 an amp hour, it's definitely a great price. Whether it's a great value, I don't know.

Screenshot_20201127-155002_Chrome.jpg

2008 Ram 1500 4 × 4

2008 Oliver Elite, Hull #12

Florida and Western North Carolina, or wherever the truck goes....

400 watts solar. DC compressor fridge. No inverter. 2 x 105 ah agm batteries .  Life is good.

7 hours ago, mossemi said:

I ordered 1 - 100 Ah 2 weeks ago at $924.00 from an online solar company, my bad.  I did receive 2 by mistake on Tuesday.  I am now waiting for their response to the over shipment.  Maybe they will offer me a special deal.

This looks like a great deal and I can envision lots of Ollie's with new batteries for Christmas.

Mossey

Can the Battle Born batteries be used as a direct replacement for the AGM batteries in the Elite?  Do you have to modify the solar charge controller?

Audrey & Vincent

I replaced my AGMs (4x6V) with Battleborn Li batteries.  I would not go as far as to say they are a direct replacement, but it is not difficult either. 

The 6v AGMs are configured with two banks in parallel of two batteries each in series. The Battleborn batteries are already 12V so they can all be connected in parallel if you choose to add more than one.  

I purchased 4 Battleborn batteries after seeing what @Overland had done and found it pretty simple to get two installed using the existing battery cables that came with my system. Adding the additional two required reconfiguring of the cables. 

Hope this helps.

Mike

https://olivertraveltrailers.com/forums/topic/4565-6v-agm-replacement-options/

Edited by mjrendon
added link to previous thread
  • Like 1

• Moderators
19 hours ago, Starshine said:

Can the Battle Born batteries be used as a direct replacement for the AGM batteries in the Elite?  Do you have to modify the solar charge controller?

Audrey & Vincent

I have an LE2 so I can’t answer definitively.  Direct replacement depends on the battery tray and battery dimensions.  I can say that the Zamp Solar charge controller does support lithium batteries and the Progressive Dynamics Power Distribution may or may not support the lithium batteries.  You should contact Progressive support and provide your model and serial number and they will guide you.
See this post: 

Mossey

• Like 1

Mike and Krunch   Lutz, FL  
2017 LEII #193 “the dog house”

• Moderators
21 hours ago, Starshine said:

Audrey & Vincent

The Elite battery tray is much smaller in the Elite. Battleborn states that they have a direct replacement for group 27 batteries on their website, which is what we have in our Elite. 

I'd check the dimensions on Battleborn's site, and ask your sales rep on Monday to be sure of the dimensions.  The LifeBlue batteries that Oliver is installing on LE 2 units are too big for the le 1 tray. 

We don't have Zamp, so I can't help you there. Ask your rep on Monday which Progressive Dynamics charger is in today's Elite, and if it has the lithium charging capability. 

Screenshot_20201128-140517_Chrome.jpg

Edited by SeaDawg
Add photo

2008 Ram 1500 4 × 4

2008 Oliver Elite, Hull #12

Florida and Western North Carolina, or wherever the truck goes....

400 watts solar. DC compressor fridge. No inverter. 2 x 105 ah agm batteries .  Life is good.

Battleborn 100 Ah 12V LiFePO4 Deep Cycle Battery size: 12.75" × 6.875" × 9" tall 

Going to measure Ollie's battery tray today, length and width. We currently have two Duracell Platinum group 27 AGM 12V marine/RV batteries: Size 12.75" x 6.75" x 9.875" tall 

IMG_0234-M.jpg

• Like 2

Bill #75 LE2 Tundra

2 hours ago, rideandfly said:

Battleborn 100 Ah 12V LiFePO4 Deep Cycle Battery size: 12.75" × 6.875" × 9" tall 

Going to measure Ollie's battery tray today, length and width. We currently have two Duracell Platinum group 27 AGM 12V marine/RV batteries: Size 12.75" x 6.75" x 9.875" tall 

The tray that Oliver uses in the Elite II is the MorRyde SP60-042 Utility Tray, inside dimensions 14" x 21" x 2.75".  There's 12.75" clear from thfloor of the tray to the bottom of the aluminum catch for the lock.  4 Battleborns will fit, but you have to stand them on end. It’s tight. I’m pretty sure that Battleborn’s dimensions include the tabs for straps, since I’ve got about a half inch clearance between my batteries and the latch. I cut off the tabs on one side so that they’d lie flat on end in the tray. 

Edited by Overland
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, C&MCurrie said:

Can any newer Elite 1 owners confirm that 2  Battleborn batteries will fit without modifications to battery compartment tray?

Also check the available height since you can stand the Battleborns on end if they won’t lie flat. 

Edited by Overland

4 hours ago, Overland said:

The tray that Oliver uses in the Elite II is the MorRyde SP60-042 Utility Tray, inside dimensions 14" x 21" x 2.75".  There's 12.75" clear from thfloor of the tray to the bottom of the aluminum catch for the lock.  4 Battleborns will fit, but you have to stand them on end. It’s tight. I’m pretty sure that Battleborn’s dimensions include the tabs for straps, since I’ve got about a half inch clearance between my batteries and the latch. I cut off the tabs on one side so that they’d lie flat on end in the tray. 

Appreciate the info.

Visiting Ollie later today, will be taking a close look at the battery tray.

• Like 1

Bill #75 LE2 Tundra

The Elite 1 tray is apparently 14x14, which will accommodate 2 Battleborn batteries, it’s the height I’m worried about. Battery height is 9” and height from tray to ceiling of compartment is a little over 9”, so looks like they will fit (?). 

• Thanks 1

2021 Legacy Elite I , Hull #765

2021 Chevrolet Silverado 3.0 Diesel 

Navarre, Fl

Like Overland posted, the tray is 14" X 21" on the LE2. 

Just looked at Ollie's battery tray and saw the next Ollie project.

There are pull or pop rivets protruding 1/8" on both interior sides of our tray front & back. Going to place at least 1/8" thick plastic, stealing one of Debbie's cutting board again, between battery and tray with holes drilled at rivet locations to keep rivets from damaging batteries. The actual width of the tray is 14 1/8" to 14 1/4", but rivets protrude 1/8" on each side making 14" wide tray clearance. You could gain up to 14 1/8" to 14 1/4" tray width by installing flush head rivets or flat head screws pointing outward from the battery, if additional width is needed.

IMG_5651-M.jpg

• Like 2

Bill #75 LE2 Tundra

I was thinking of doing something similar. But maybe with a dense foam to help cushion the batteries. Of course there’s not much room for me to add much of anything. I’m surprised though how beat up my batteries look from just a few years of small vibrations against the tray and each other. 

3 hours ago, Overland said:

I was thinking of doing something similar. But maybe with a dense foam to help cushion the batteries. Of course there’s not much room for me to add much of anything. I’m surprised though how beat up my batteries look from just a few years of small vibrations against the tray and each other. 

I can see the potential for battery case damage, should have seen it earlier. Cutting board material, probably UHMW plastic, is tough and cheap. Easy to saw, drill and shape. It would be perfect battery protection for vibration applications. I'm already using it in the battery compartment to keep the batteries in place and made a backing plate for the Furrion Solar port installation, too.

Bill #75 LE2 Tundra

1 hour ago, mjrendon said:

I used a dense closed cell foam and a base of plywood with cut-outs to hold 2 battleborns in place.  It didn't have any signs of movement or damage after >3000mi.  

2x_BB_oliverelite2.jpg

Mjerndon,

Are your positive and negative leads, to your trailer, connected to the same battery?

If so, you are not getting the full capacity nor full charge to both batteries.

One battery should have the positive lead on it and the other the negative.

If that is how you have it wired, disregard.  Just looking out for you!

Andrew

Andrew

2019 Legacy Elite II  2018 BMW x5 35d