Our peek at the 22' Oliver

bugz

Jim and Evon were nice enough to let us come barge in and look at the 22' Oliver. It sure is nice and roomy! Lots of nifty new features like the cabinet in the bathroom. Whoever thought of that is pretty smart ;)

http://oliver.hewus.com/Trailer/Other_T ... oot_Oliver

We would love to have one but will never get rid of JJ so we will have to figure out how to do this:

http://oliver.hewus.com/Trailer/Other_T ... sc_Olivers

Enjoy!

Lisa

Thanks. Am currently in Bryan, TX but will start wandering East on Sunday. Plan to be in Hohenwald end of next week or early the following week. Had hoped to see this unit again - I spent a couple of hours looking it over at Quartzsite in Jan - before making a final decision but doesn't sound like it will be back by then. Maybe the factory will have another one finished by the time I get there. Suspect I'm going to be placing my order. Had a Casita - 17' Spirit - for 6 1/2 years. Am currently fulltiming in a 2007 20' Airstream Safari SE/LS but want to get back to fiberglass. The AS has just had too many problems and I want a dual axle trailer.

The 22' is actually an ideal trailer for us since there are usually at least five of us camping. It has the ability to have a larger bed and Jim said they can maybe do a bunk type bed over the large bed area in the back. I love the head room in there even though I am only 5'4". There are a ton of storage areas, the closet is larger. I like the battery capacity. This one had six! I was already planning what I would do if I were getting one and I think I would definitely put a double sink in the kitchen and figure out if there were a way to make the bathroom sink a bit larger or have it moved out from the wall a little. I love the ability Oliver gives you to customize the trailer just the way you want it.

Lisa

Yeah I know it's a great looking trailer. I'm single and travel alone so plenty of room for me - and I have no desire to lug anything bigger than 22' or so up and down the road. Six batteries - guess I didn't look close enough as I thought it had four. But up until now I've not done much boondocking so haven't needed more battery power. But things can change. Like I said I'll likely be placing an order in the next week or so - and then go nuts waiting for it to be finished!

You are correct that there were four batteries in the side compartment. Jim had two more somewhere else but I can't remember where :-) Not sure if it makes a difference to your trailer order or not but Jim said they were starting their next manufacturing run on Monday. You might want to call Robert Partee at Oliver and find out if there is a deadline so you don't have your order delayed any more than it has to be.

Lisa

Will likely give Robert a call on Monday but probably to set up an appointment to visit the factory - doubt I'll be ordering over the phone. BTW the trailer you took pictures of and the one I saw in Quartzsite are not the same. The interiors are different - particularly the bunk beds in the back and the counter tops. So there must be at least 2 on the road! Most likely I'll have one sooner or later.

We heard rumors of there being a 22' in Oakland, CA somewhere... someone who came by to see our trailer said they were going there next to see the 22'. So perhaps there are two out there now :)

I'm very impressed with the pictures of the 22'.. bugz, your pictures capture it so much better than the brochure and website! Thank you for posting them. (And, we're leaving the Bay Area and heading towards Lake Havasu now.. should be there in a weekish, depending on how side tracked we get :)

- Cherie

We are all looking forward to your visit! Get here when you get here and stay as long as you want :-) I think the 22' Oliver will still be here next weekend along with Jim and Evon so we can wander over there at some point if you like.

Lisa