Howdy from North Texas!

Time2Go!

We joined the forum about 3.5 months ago but have never introduced ourselves. 

We are Charlie & Cindy from the DFW area of Texas. We took a trip to Hohenwald in August after our 17 day trip to Europe for our 40th anniversary was canceled due to COVID. 

We are not new to camping. We have had two travel trailers in the past. A 24’ starter trailer for a couple of years and then we upsized to a 42’ fifth wheel which we had planned to retire in and travel the country. We had it 5 years and decided it was way too big to drag across the country.

Charlie retired a few months ago but I have about 5 more years to work and then we’ll be doing some long distance trips. In the meantime there will be lots of local camping on weekends and a few occasional 1-2 week trips where we’ll do some boondocking out west. 

We had just put our 5th wheel up for sale before our trip to the factory. The weekend after we returned home it sold for full asking price so we placed our order for a May 2021 delivery. Not too long afterwards we got a call that someone cancelled and we were offered a February 2021 pick up date so we jumped on it. 

Our final selections were made just before Thanksgiving and we forked over half the balance. We’ve enjoyed reading and learning about the Ollie differences and been buying a few things for the trailer along the way. The majority of the camping stuff we already have. 

This past weekend we camped old school with our son’s family who tent camp. We used our new truck topper to sleep and had a great time. Can’t wait to take delivery of our Oliver Legacy II in just 2.5 months so we won’t have to rough it in the future. 

We are still working on a name for our trailer and what graphic we want for the front end.  We are also anxiously waiting to find out our hull number when it goes in to production on 12.22.2020. 

We look forward to meeting other Oliver owners out on the road and hope to see you at the non-rally Rally in 2021. 

Cindy & Charlie

Edited by Time2Go!
  • Like 7

Charlie & Cindy / Cleburne, TX / 2021 Elite II Hull #743 / 2013 Ford F250 Diesel 4WD Supercab

States we've camped in our Oliver:

ALAZLANMTNTXUTsm.jpg

• Moderators

Welcome you guys!

It certainly looks like all of the stars aligned just right for you on this one.  With all of the Oliver owners in Texas I'd think that Oliver just might (someday) consider a branch office there 😉.

I too took delivery of my Oliver in February and while you will need to keep an eye on the weather, since you don't have to cross any mountains it should be fairly good for you.

I'll be looking for you out there on the road!

Bill

• Thanks 1
  • Like 1

2023 Ford F150 Lariat 3.5EB FX4 Max Towing, Max Payload, 2016 Oliver Elite II - Hull #117 "Twist"

• Moderators

Hey, and welcome, from Florida. 

So very happy that everything worked out for you!

• Thanks 1
  • Like 1

2008 Ram 1500 4 × 4

2008 Oliver Elite, Hull #12

Florida and Western North Carolina, or wherever the truck goes....

400 watts solar. DC compressor fridge. No inverter. 2 x 105 ah agm batteries .  Life is good.

2 hours ago, topgun2 said:

Welcome you guys!

It certainly looks like all of the stars aligned just right for you on this one.  With all of the Oliver owners in Texas I'd think that Oliver just might (someday) consider a branch office there 😉.

I too took delivery of my Oliver in February and while you will need to keep an eye on the weather, since you don't have to cross any mountains it should be fairly good for you.

I'll be looking for you out there on the road!

Bill

I am heading for TX (somewhere?) to “domicile” a week or so after I pick up my Elite 1 in late Jan 2021. Total newbie here and yep, gonna FT it too. Crazy, I guess? Just wanted to say welcome to the forums and please feel free to message anytime with good TX campground suggestions or just to say howdy! I need *all* l the clues (and new Ollie pals) I can get. 

• Like 1

2021 Elite 1 -- Hull #731

Ram 1500 Rebel 4x4

Now Sold

states.png

17 hours ago, Time2Go! said:

are still working on a name for our trailer and what graphic we want for the front end.  We are also anxiously waiting to find out our hull number when it goes in to production on 12.22.2020. 

Welcome to Northern Texas, from Southern Maine

Almost seems an omen that an LE 2, born on 12.22.2020, ought to have a 2 somewhere in the name?

• Like 2

Welcome from a fellow North Texan!  I’ve got a May 2021 delivery scheduled.   What side of the metroplex are you on ? I’m on the Dallas side in Collin County.  

Good luck !

• Like 1

2021 Legacy Elite II Hull #807 - 2021 F150 w/ 3.5L EB and max tow package 

1 hour ago, TexasGuy said:

Welcome from a fellow North Texan!  I’ve got a May 2021 delivery scheduled.   What side of the metroplex are you on ? I’m on the Dallas side in Collin County.  

Good luck !

Congrats Texas Guy on your May delivery.  It seems like forever... 

We are from Cleburne, TX about an hour south of Dallas.

Charlie & Cindy / Cleburne, TX / 2021 Elite II Hull #743 / 2013 Ford F250 Diesel 4WD Supercab

ALAZLANMTNTXUTsm.jpg

15 hours ago, Mike and Carol said:

We’ve camped at Cleburne State Park.  Had a great stay and hope to return!  Mike

That's our closest state park so we camp there several times a year. I also go there a lot to hike the trails and kayak. It's a nice park.

Dinosaur Valley SP in Glen Rose is also a good park for hiking and playing in the river when you're back up this way.

Cindy

• Like 1

ALAZLANMTNTXUTsm.jpg

Welcome - my spouse is a  NW Texan.

Good wishes on your future travels - 

I am pretty sure I've spent more time traveling across TX than anywhere - E to W, and back - probably 40 times - not  counting the north south trips. 

RB 

Cindy,  Russell and  "Harley dog" . Home is our little farm near Winchester TN

2018 Oliver Legacy Elite II - 2018 GMC 2500 Duramax 

"Die young - As late as possible"
ALAZARCACOFLIDMTNVNMOKORTNTXUTWAWYd56201

4 hours ago, Trainman said:

Welcome, were from Ft. Worth, hope to meet you camping someday. Our trailer logo looks like this, we camp at a lot of Texas State Parks.

trainman

DSCN3878.JPG

DSCN3871.JPG

Thanks Trainman! We’ll be on the lookout for you. We camp mostly at state parks (Cleburne. Dinosaur Valley, Mineral Wells, Lake Whitney) and Corp of Engineer Parks (Cedron Creek, Loafers Bend & McCown Valley in Whitney and Holiday Park in Benbrook) as they are all nearby. We’ve gone further out a few times to Hill Country & East Tx but those have to be 4 day weekends or vacations to make it worth the trip. 

Charlie recently retired but I have a few more years to work so we’re mostly weekend campers. Used to do 2-3 cruises a year but looks like they will be replaced with land cruises in the new Ollie. Hope to meet you at the campground sometime. 

ALAZLANMTNTXUTsm.jpg