Seat Panels Under The Cushions - Easy/Simple Fix If Yours Is a Little Noisy When Sitting/Laying Down

QuestionMark

We elected not to utilize the screws provide to secure the panels down as we wanted to ensure easy access for any maintenance needed.   Therefore, we noticed the rubbing between the panel and the body of the trailer made a little noise.   An easy fix was to apply this felt tape to the body of the trailer where the panel makes contact.   I must say it worked great and still allows you to screw the panels down if you desire.   For ~$15 we would highly recommend if you find yourself wanting make the seats a little quieter.  I will try to go out and get some pictures this weekend to share on this post.  Another positive is you can remove at anytime without much effort, if so desired.

JVCC FELT-06 Polyester Felt Tape, 1mm Thick, 75' Length x 3/4" Width, Black

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000QDRRNE/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o09_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

IMG_2124.thumb.jpg.1e0b2bb0f9e9a46e9b5d4b11e4bf3b13.jpg

Happy Traveling,

Mark

Edited by QuestionMark
Added photo.
  • Thanks 2
  • Like 1

2020 F250 Lariat Supercrew 6.7 Diesel 4x4

2020 Oliver Legacy Elite I  *   Hull #664 (April 2, 2022 Incident)

2017 Oliver Legacy Elite II * Hull #293 (Purchased Used April 16, 2022)

Located SE Texas Region

ABBCYTAKAZARCACOIDLAMSMTNVNMORSDTNTXUTWA

• The title was changed to Seat Panels Under The Cushions - Easy/Simple Fix If Yours Is a Little Noisy When Sitting/Laying Down
  • Moderators

Nice idea. I installed shower antislip strips when our trailer was new (13 years ago.) Our panels don't have screws to secure them. The antislip keeps them in place, and it's very thin. 

Screenshot_20201204-111306_Chrome.jpg

• Like 1

2008 Ram 1500 4 × 4

2008 Oliver Elite, Hull #12

Florida and Western North Carolina, or wherever the truck goes....

400 watts solar. DC compressor fridge. No inverter. 2 x 105 ah agm batteries .  Life is good.

SeaDawg,

Your approach is another great solution to the noisy seat opportunity.   I used the 3/4" felt tape on mine but it might have been a little easier for me to use the 1" as there was ample surface area to attach it to and it is only a couple of bucks more.   The 75' of tape was plenty and I now have a lot left over for replacement at a later date, if needed.

• Like 1

2020 F250 Lariat Supercrew 6.7 Diesel 4x4

2020 Oliver Legacy Elite I  *   Hull #664 (April 2, 2022 Incident)

2017 Oliver Legacy Elite II * Hull #293 (Purchased Used April 16, 2022)

Located SE Texas Region

ABBCYTAKAZARCACOIDLAMSMTNVNMORSDTNTXUTWA