Awnings

Ollieboba

2021 models have no choice of color. The is the Power Model that is regular fabric and there is the Power Pro Model that has a sunbrella type fabric. We just finalized our order a few weeks ago.

Charlie & Cindy / Cleburne, TX / 2021 Elite II Hull #743 / 2013 Ford F250 Diesel 4WD Supercab

States we've camped in our Oliver:

ALAZLANMTNTXUTsm.jpg

• Moderators
19 hours ago, Overland said:

Oliver should consider the option of providing the mounts and letting the owner install whatever awning they want on their own. 

Agree. I prefer a manual model.  Seems like that should at least be an option.

• Like 6

Texas Hill Country | 2016 Elite II #135 | 2020 Ram 2500 6.7L

ALAZARCACOFLGAIDILKSKYLAMDMSMOMTNENVNMNYNCNDOHOKSCSDTNTXUTVAWVWYsm.jpgALAZARCACOCTDEFLGAIDILINIAKSKYLAMEMDMAMS

• Moderators

I agree. We use our manual awning a lot. It's easy and simple.  I personally would not want a power awning. A choice would be good. 

• Like 4

2008 Ram 1500 4 × 4

2008 Oliver Elite, Hull #12

Florida and Western North Carolina, or wherever the truck goes....

400 watts solar. DC compressor fridge. No inverter. 2 x 105 ah agm batteries .  Life is good.

• 1 month later...
On 12/7/2020 at 4:51 PM, Time2Go! said:

2021 models have no choice of color. The is the Power Model that is regular fabric and there is the Power Pro Model that has a sunbrella type fabric. We just finalized our order a few weeks ago.

Hi.  About what time frame will it take for your order to be completed?  Thanks

16 hours ago, KennyS said:

Hi.  About what time frame will it take for your order to be completed?  Thanks

We ordered the end of August. Our trailer went into production on 12/21/20 and we have a pick up date of 02/15/21. It's getting close!

• Like 4

Charlie & Cindy / Cleburne, TX / 2021 Elite II Hull #743 / 2013 Ford F250 Diesel 4WD Supercab

States we've camped in our Oliver:

ALAZLANMTNTXUTsm.jpg

I asked for a nice pink and purple hued wavy stripe- it was rejected by my boss. With the current choices- seems perfect - simple choice - no choice. 

• Haha 2

Cindy,  Russell and  "Harley dog" . Home is our little farm near Winchester TN

2018 Oliver Legacy Elite II - 2018 GMC 2500 Duramax 

"Die young - As late as possible"
ALAZARCACOFLIDMTNVNMOKORTNTXUTWAWYd56201

I want to see this new black awning.  Is it really just solid black, or is it black grey wavy stripey whatever that is called black?  

Our are solid black, so obviously I think it's a good choice - but I'll be disappointed of course if it's no longer a Snowball exclusive.  😢😛

Edited by Overland

On 12/7/2020 at 1:51 PM, Time2Go! said:

This is a question I had to ask . . . . standard awning is "black", though I would say more charcoal.  The fabric is vinyl.

Ray and Susan Huff

Elite II Twin "Pearl" - Hull#699; delivered December 7, 2020

2013 F350 6.7l diesel Super Duty 4x4 long bed crew cab

1UP-USA Heavy-duty bike rack

2017 Leisure Travel Van Unity Twin Bed (sold)

AZARCAIDNVNMOKORTNTXUTWAsm.jpg

On 12/7/2020 at 4:20 PM, Mike and Carol said:

Agree. I prefer a manual model.  Seems like that should at least be an option.

Yes . . . . we would have chosen manual over power . . . . but with the switch to Girard awnings, manual is not an option since they don't have a manual version.

I do love the Girard design; it is so much better than the "awful awning" on our previous RV - a Carfree with support legs.  

• Like 1

Ray and Susan Huff

22 minutes ago, Overland said:

I want to see this new black awning.  Is it really just solid black, or is it black grey wavy stripey whatever that is called black?  

Our are solid black, so obviously I think it's a good choice - but I'll be disappointed of course if it's no longer a Snowball exclusive.  😢😛

Our 2021 Girard standard awning is solid colored, no "wavy stripy".  But I would say it is more of a dark charcoal hue.

I don't see the standard awning listed on the Girard website . . . . only the 2085 which has Sunbrella fabric.

Does anyone know what model is standard on the 2021 Oliver?

Edited by Ray and Susan Huff
  • Thanks 1

Ray and Susan Huff

From previous posts I understand that the awning is  a 16-foot version of the Girard model GG750.  

FYI, I called Girard about the two fabric options (standard is a vinyl material; "pro" is a canvassy sunbrella material called "Bravia") -- I was interested in longevity.  Longevity, of course, depends on many factors, including sun exposure, humidity, conditions during storage, etc.  I was told that the vinyl might last at least 3-6 years with "typical" usage (whatever that means, although the company is in Southern California); Bravia 5-8 or perhaps 10 years.  Bravia is breathable; vinyl is less so, and can mildew if stored wet.  The vinyl costs $270 + shipping and labor to replace (he said replacement is not all that difficult, and there is a video to help guide the process).  The corresponding replacement Bravia material costs $560 + shipping.  Thus, a person could go through 2 vinyl replacements and still be ahead over the cost of the Pro model (assuming labor is DIY and free), although the Pro model represents less throw-away material (the Pro model would also include the sensor and light, I suppose).  

Finally, FWIW, the entire unit (didn't specify standard or Pro) weighs about 80 lbs.

• Thanks 1
  • Like 2

2021 Oliver LE2
Ram 2500 diesel

• 1 month later...

I personally would not get the power awning, when we ordered our 2019 model we had the choice of three colors. All being said, we only use the awning about 50% of the time, we look for shaded camping spots. I always do what works for us, you do what works for you. If the weather is windy, we setup the Clam at times. 

trainman

2019 RAM 1500, 5.7 Hemi, 4X4, Crew Cab, 5'7" bed, Towing Package, 3.92 Gears.